KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » IT (2017)

IT (2017)
Started by: dynamix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

I went to see this and there was quite a large crowd especially for the early afternoon.

Though "IT" was a good time and not holding back on the kids when it came to the gore was a plus. I will say that the CG for Pennywise looked awkward in later parts of the film.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 08:21 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

so i was in line last night to buy tickets for wind river.... this asian lady was ahead of my buying a single ticket for her 8 year old son, she didn't want to see this scary movie but the guy behind the counter said she has to buy a ticket and go in with her son so she did and went in to the movie

good parenting me thinks thumb up

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 10:14 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Exceptional film

The kids were all great, they captured the sinister aspect of Pennywise, and the updated setting blew away the 60s miniseries. The kids banter was the best part and for 35 million dollars the film was shot beautifully and had great effects. Definitely in my top 10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 10:56 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Really good movie. Its also killing it at the BO. Another R rated winner.,

quote:

Follow this forum
with Tapatalk for Android

FREE - on Google Play
VIEW
Box Office Discussion

The Box Office Theory — Forums
Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

STEPHEN KING'S IT WEEKEND THREAD | Record DESTROYING 51M OD!! | NO SPOILERS ALLOWED, NOT EVEN UNDER TAGS
By CJohn, Thursday at 12:37 PM in Box Office Discussion
PREV
NEXT
Page 82 of 85
FlashMaster659
Posted by FlashMaster659, 9 hours ago

$51M! ...
Recommended by Stutterng baumer Denbrough
2 REACTIONS
Go to this post
MCKillswitch123 3,877
MCKillswitch123

Posted 2 hours ago
2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Whats up with A:C? (Dont want to go through 10 pages of germans complaining They wont get to see IT before the end of the Month)
Alien: Covenant? It didn't even make the original Alien's unadjusted gross, true underperformer.

In all seriousness, it did really well on Friday, is looking to have around 4M for the weekend. In another words, 100M is a lock now.

Amadeus 400
Amadeus

Posted 2 hours ago
2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:
Alien: Covenant? It didn't even make the original Alien's unadjusted gross, true underperformer.

In all seriousness, it did really well on Friday, is looking to have around 4M for the weekend. In another words, 100M is a lock now.
But a 291% jump? Thats logic a la prometheus..
MCKillswitch123 3,877
MCKillswitch123

Posted 2 hours ago
Mad impressive, amirite? I guess people really like to watch creepy dolls tear shit apart.

Or maybe it's just that It double features were plentiful. Still mad impressive, after all.
Edited 2 hours ago by MCKillswitch123

The Fast and the Furiosa 179
The Fast and the Furiosa

Posted 2 hours ago
Majority of drive-ins paired It with Annabelle this weekend
a2knet 12,254
a2knet

Posted 2 hours ago
At 100 A:C's multiplier will be 2.86x. Wonder if that's a record for a horror sequel.

MCKillswitch123 3,877
MCKillswitch123

Posted 2 hours ago
2 hours ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:
Majority of drive-ins paired It with Annabelle this weekend
....oh God, for some reason that may have to do with the phrasing of this post, now I'm imagining Pennywise and Annabelle on a candlelight date in a fancy restaurant, followed by some ****ed up Ring-style killer sex tape in a trashy hotel.
Astonished
a2knet 12,254
a2knet

Posted 2 hours ago
4 hours ago, Incarnadine said:
Ha! She's riding that success from the Sharknado movies right back up to the D-List, which is a huge step up from where her career was before Sharknado.
She was good in the few episodes of Scrubs she appeared in.
Amadeus 400
Amadeus

Posted 2 hours ago
2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:
....oh God, for some reason that may have to do with the phrasing of this post, now I'm imagining Pennywise and Annabelle on a candlelight date in a fancy restaurant, followed by some ****ed up Ring-style killer sex tape in a trashy hotel.
Exactly My thoughts
Zakiyyah6 1,725
Zakiyyah6

Posted 2 hours ago
You people are ****ing weird. I like it here.
a2knet 12,254
a2knet

Posted 1 hour ago
Deadline earlier projected 101 with 49.6 Friday. After the official 51 came out they updated to 103-108.
with an estimated $51M (easily smashing Deadpool‘s $47.3M) and the second best R-title three-day between $103M-$108M, behind Deadpool‘s $132.4M. In addition, for any post-summer title opening before November, It‘s weekend is higher than anything released prior in September or October.

With no signs this AM of It slowing down (East Coast sales are brisk) and with good holds expected for tonight, some longtime box office observers are thinking this film could even float up to $120M by the time the screaming stops late Sunday

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 12:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Film is headed to an opening of over $120 million.

One of the most shocking openings ever.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 04:57 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

...Really? That seems kimda sad....

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 05:10 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Film is headed to an opening of over $120 million.

One of the most shocking openings ever.

Is that a good number?
I watched it in a packed theater, which i usually avoid, but someone invited/paid my way so why not.
One of the most respectful crowds i've ever been in; everyone was completely engrossed in the movie.
Was a fun experience!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 11:30 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Massive for a R rated film without 3-d and some parts of the US being unable to go to a movie.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 01:37 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Opens to a massive OW of $117 million. Actual are expected to go up as WB is playing it cautious and overestimating the Sunday drop.

WB is having a great year.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 04:50 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Great news. Box office needed a hit lately and I grew up on horror films.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 04:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Love horror films. WB and Universal are doing great with horror.

According to deadline the numbers are expected to go up to $123 or $124 million.

Massive for a horror film with a $35 million budget.

Last edited by playa1258 on Sep 10th, 2017 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 05:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Also will let studios know r rated films can succeed massively.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 05:29 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

All horror films should be r rated.

Same with war movies.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 05:33 PM
quanchi112
Disney

All horror films should be r rated.

Same with war movies.
Never use the word all. Learn from me, padawan.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 05:35 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Solid, fun film.

The kids were great, very likeable and funny. Had a very cool Stranger Things vibe from their group. Strong acting all around by the group and they gave it a kind of supernatural adventure feel rather than a straight up horror feel.

Skarsgard nailed it as Pennywise. Was both amusing and very very creepy.

Had a few surprisingly brutal moments, and the way it portrayed adults was brilliant.

Good film, glad it's doing so well.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2017 08:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Massive for a R rated film without 3-d and some parts of the US being unable to go to a movie.

Cool, glad its doing well.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 03:57 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Decent film, a little corny in spots but I liked it overall.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 06:12 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Like most sane people, i don't fck with clowns, but all my friends wanted to see this, so i went along.

good, genuinely creepy movie. waaaaay better than the original movie.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 06:36 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just heard: no sewer orgy. What is not helping is Stephen King is now discussing the scene since articles are being written about how it wasn't included and...the guy genuinely seems to not get what creeped people out lol. He was all "but what about the child murder?" and seems to just brush off the sewer orgy with it being a "different time" and how it was about just about them going from childhood to adulthood.

In other words: he was on cocaine or peyote or something when he wrote it. TBF I wasn't born until the mid 80s so I was like 1 when it came out so coming of age sewer orgies could have indeed been a thing people did then.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 11th, 2017 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 04:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Opens to over $123 million. ****ing amazing.

WB needs to fast track the sequel.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 04:29 PM