KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gotham Vs MAZAHS

Gotham Vs MAZAHS
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Mazahs shouldn't have a problem here..

after all we haven't seen enough of what Gotham can do

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

The draining power matters ? The scan that you showed is Grail doing it after she killed Lois. For god's sake, she turned baby into darkseid and was using him in her powers. Its not all directly inherited from father. Grail also used Trevor, so.
It is said Gotham can be strong as it is needed to defeat an opponent no matter what he is. Lets take it step by step.
Superman : Infinite power, lost.
Wonder Woman : Magic+Almost Superman, lost.
Flash : Superspeed, lost.
Two GLs , Aquaman, Cyborg : lost.
and he did at the same time.
His superpower is the ability to get at that level needed to defeat the opponents. It doesn't matter if opponent can drain or mirror . Its simple victory, one way.
Alexander Luthor can't beat Doomsday or Darkseid cuz their powers are abstract. Not all powers can be drained. You can't drain Antimonitor, Spectre and the likes of Swamp Thing. Its like saying Rogue will defeat Anti-Monitor and all she needed is a touch lol.

LOL = healthy life

Last edited by bobbybatman on Aug 19th, 2016 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:15 PM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
It was also done through Superwoman. Like Grail, all she had to do is point the baby toward the target, shout "MAZAHS!", and *poof* the character(s) were entirely drained (see the previous scans I posted.)

I see absolutely NO reason to assume that Gotham could resist the drain at all. Again: Luthor's ability to absorb energy is nigh-unbounded. If it could be used to absorb the power of the New Gods, it can definitely be used to absorb the power of Gotham. Additionally, we know Gotham's ability to become more powerful than most opponents is certainly a power Luthor would want -- ergo draining is something he'd do right out of the gate. thumb up
So, he absorbed Anti-Monitor in the finale ? And we are talking Luthor here right. If you are directly relating baby to Luthor I mean in powers, then CSA should have said that the ultimate secret of revenge for the annihilation is Luthor himself and not the baby ?

LOL = healthy life

Last edited by bobbybatman on Aug 19th, 2016 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:17 PM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

^ That is Superwoman, not Grail. #DontchaHateFacts

Anywho, Luthor's power explicitly enabled him to absorb ALL energy. So unless you think Gotham contains no energy(lol), then he'd get drained just like the God-heroes did.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 19th, 2016 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:21 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by bobbybatman
So, he absorbed Anti-Monitor in the finale ? And we are talking Luthor here right. If you are directly relating baby to Luthor I mean in powers, then CSA should have said that the ultimate secret of revenge for the annihilation is Luthor himself and not the baby ?
The child wasn't born when AM was doing his thing, lol. Had AM been around, there is no question that the baby could have absorbed his power.

Luthor was dead. Ergo the child(who possessed his power) WAS the 'secret of revenge'.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 19th, 2016 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know who is who. But I think it was the power of that baby only, draining of 'Gods' I mean. If Luthor can drain God power, then he could have saved his earth 2 , no ? Or he was held captive by dumb Ultraman ! Anti-monitor destroyed earth2 right .

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by bobbybatman
I know who is who. But I think it was the power of that baby only, draining of 'Gods' I mean. If Luthor can drain God power, then he could have saved his earth 2 , no ? Or he was held captive by dumb Ultraman ! Anti-monitor destroyed earth2 right .
I can only assume Luthor was being held captive at that point, as Superwoman certainly implied that there was no reason to run with Luthor's power at their disposal. And based on the baby's feats, AM's power(inc. the ALE) would have been easily absorbed.

As as the scan explicitly states: his power is not limited to absorbing God-power... But rather, "ALL energy".

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 19th, 2016 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:35 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

And that future rod was the weapon to end him. Interesting.
They killed Gotham already, still his sister has the same powers . Lets see what can she do. But I will say : STALEMATE.

LOL = healthy life

Last edited by bobbybatman on Aug 19th, 2016 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ The super-lightning rod + explicit weakness-exploitation by mainstream Lex(which Gotham obviously cannot duplicate), is what beat Mazahs. Please don't ignore the facts.

Tbh, the only way this can be viewed as a stalemate is if you entirely ignore Luthor's powerset.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:43 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ The super-lightning rod + explicit weakness-exploitation by mainstream Lex(which Gotham obviously cannot duplicate), is what beat Mazahs. Please don't ignore the facts.

Tbh, the only way this can be viewed as a stalemate is if you entirely ignore Luthor's powerset.

Ignoring the facts ? No. I go by logic.
He fought JL first time and defeated them. Unaware of them and ways to beat them . He went straight beating them one after the other. Thing is : he is a complete package , not magical or physical but he will just 'have' what is needed to defeat opponents. In that way, I said stalemate.
He will just get the rod and end him , simple. The rod would be somewhere where he will travel or just summon it in his hands . The minimum power needed to finish off an opponent , no matter who . Lets just wait and see in Batman #6. Ok, now Gotham wins considering the facts about both. I am gonna reply after next issue. Please read my ^ comment carefully btw

LOL = healthy life

Last edited by bobbybatman on Aug 19th, 2016 at 07:04 PM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 06:55 PM
EcstaticGrace

(please log in to view the image)

^ That is Superwoman, not Grail. #DontchaHateFacts

Anywho, Luthor's power explicitly enabled him to absorb ALL energy. So unless you think Gotham contains no energy(lol), then he'd get drained just like the God-heroes did.

I don't remember Alexander taking powers away like that is the problem sure we see the Baby do it but just cause their both power absorbers doesn't mean they do it in the exact same way.

Even given the Baby is a Hybrid and on top of that apparently Darkseid.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 09:48 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Weird, I thought it said explicitly that Mazahs had to kill his opponent to get their power. Whatever, if he can just absorb it mentally he wins.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 10:56 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Weird, I thought it said explicitly that Mazahs had to kill his opponent to get their power. Whatever, if he can just absorb it mentally he wins.

That's my same thought process. All the scan provided suggest is that the Baby and Mazahs are both absorbers it doesn't state that they do it exactly the same way though.

It's more questionable given Alexander never used his powers in that way and given he knew who Deathstorm was but didn't get his powers until he killed him makes it more questionable.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2016 10:58 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
I don't remember Alexander taking powers away like that is the problem sure we see the Baby do it but just cause their both power absorbers doesn't mean they do it in the exact same way.
It was stated that the child inherited the ability to absorb ALL energy from his father. IOW, the baby's ability to drain energy in that manner came from Luthor -- thus it is something that should obviously be within his powerset, imo.

and on top of that apparently Darkseid.
The baby was only transformed into Darkseid by Grail, after she used him to absorb most of the New God power(including that of the ALE and Omega Effect.) That has absolutely nothing with its ability to absorb energy -- Superwoman TOLD US where that ability came from.

It's more questionable given Alexander never used his powers in that way and given he knew who Deathstorm was but didn't get his powers until he killed him makes it more questionable.
Yes, Alex killed everyone he absorbed. However, it was never explicitly stated that he *needed* to kill to absorb. Again, he was a sadistic SOB -- that's why I presume he killed the people he drained. /shrug

Tbh, I think Johns used the baby as a segway to flesh-out Alex's abilities. That's why so much emphasis was placed on the baby inheriting its father's abilities and whatnot.

But again: when we consider the power(s) at his disposal, I still believe Alex is just more powerful than Gotham overall... Even if we remove his absorption ability from the equation.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 20th, 2016 at 02:34 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 02:30 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

The baby was a hybrid, Superwoman is not just some normal woman. She is on Wonder Woman's level. You can't just compare the baby here. This is father vs Gotham , not baby vs Gotham. This is ridiculous. Its okay , he inherited but from both , not just his father. Sucking mentally is NOT in his powerset. If it would be, mazahs would have become the Ultimate God of his own Universe by sucking all the energy sitting in toilet. Please.

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 04:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I would agree with your 'hybrid' theory, had Superwoman not explicitly stated that the baby inherited its absorption power directly from Alex... Hell, the same word(ie. "Mazahs!") was even used to activate both their powers, ffs. If that doesn't make it clear their abilities were intended to be identical, I don't know what will.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 20th, 2016 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 05:22 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what you mean is Superwoman genes cannot be inherited by her own child ? And that she 'declaring' that he inherited those powers from his father concludes that Luthor can manually sucks 'all energy'. Children naturally inherits their parents' characteristics . And here you are generating father's characteristics from child. You can't apply reverse engineering here.

I don't see any thing to discuss anymore. no

What she stated in scan is an obvious thing . Baby IS a hybrid. Superwoman is not a test tube to carry a baby. Powersets are clearly different of father and son. And about the word 'mazahs', obviously it would be the same. Its straightforward, scans and statements are not even needed to prove this.

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 06:23 PM
-K-M-

It clearly refered to the baby having the SAME powers as his father. Could the baby have other powers inherited from him mother? Sure. But they specifically were talking about what he inherited from his father and directly compared the two having the same power. She didn't care what the baby inherited from her, no one did. They cared what he gained from his father which is far more powerful then what he would have gained from superwoman

Forever evil and darkseid war was written by the same author and showed his intent for luthors powers. It's clear what the intent was, but you don't seem to like it

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 20th, 2016 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 06:26 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Glad to see common sense + basic reading comprehension aren't lost on everyone. thumb up

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 06:29 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don't counter the main points but just stick to your opinion. If can't counter properly and out of points, then it would be better to zip your 'not so common' sense + "super comprehensive'' mind instead of personal insults. So much for a debate . Forced sarcasm is sleep

LOL = healthy life

Last edited by bobbybatman on Aug 20th, 2016 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2016 06:32 PM