KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist/w Prep vs Batman, Cassandra Cain, & Nightwing

Iron Fist/w Prep vs Batman, Cassandra Cain, & Nightwing
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The first Muramasa blade, yes. Not the one from Origins.

Wolverine's adamantium is actually adamantium beta... as his HF induced a molecular change in the primary adamantium. It may very well be tougher than the real deal.

Anyhow, why are you so bent on ignoring the shield's unique properties? "I don't like it, it didn't happen" - same behavior in every thread, really?

Surfer is still slower than Spidey thumb up

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:43 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Team.

I am still amazed anyone can think that after everything that's been posted.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:43 AM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Sharivan

So, Iron Fist>>>Karate Kid?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:44 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Golgo is a pretty big DC fan, you shouldn't be surprised.

Can Rand benefit from the prep time? Any prep-related feats?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:45 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The first Muramasa blade, yes. Not the one from Origins.

Wolverine's adamantium is actually adamantium beta... as his HF induced a molecular change in the primary adamantium. It may very well be tougher than the real deal.

I sincerely doubt that it's stronger based on something as inane as a healing factor influencing metal. Also, adamantium "beta" would imply it's a lesser subsidiary of it.

quote:
Anyhow, why are you so bent on ignoring the shield's unique properties? "I don't like it, it didn't happen" - same behavior in every thread, really?

As they literally do not exist for the most part, and vibranium is confirmed to not even be a part of it anymore. Why would it absorb anything when it's not supposed to, and when it demonstratively doesn't?

Sans a few times when it was made out of vibranium.

quote:
Surfer is still slower than Spidey thumb up

No, Silver Surfer isn't.

Wolverine loses badly to Spiderman by the way. smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:50 AM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zack M
So, Iron Fist>>>Karate Kid?

How in the world did you come to the conclusion that Karate Kid and Batman are anywhere near the same bracket?

Don't tell me.

It was in a fight that made no sense at all considering what Karate Kid has done in the past.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 12:51 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I sincerely doubt that it's stronger based on something as inane as a healing factor influencing metal. Also, adamantium "beta" would imply it's a lesser subsidiary of it.

It does have better feats, like Thor not being able to dent it.

As they literally do not exist for the most part, and vibranium is confirmed to not even be a part of it anymore. Why would it absorb anything when it's not supposed to, and when it demonstratively doesn't?

Sans a few times when it was made out of vibranium.

The vibranium is a part of it, all writers agree on that part.

No, Silver Surfer isn't.

He is, he is. Just look at their fights again wink

Wolverine loses badly to Spiderman by the way. smile

Maybe in your fan fiction stories.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:01 AM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

It does have better feats, like Thor not being able to dent it.

That sure sounds familiar.

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
The vibranium is a part of it, all writers agree on that part.

Yet, leonidas just confirmed that it wasn't and it is instead made out of proto-admanatium.

quote:
He is, he is. Just look at their fights again wink

You mean those hilariously inconsistent fights that were nearly as bad as Batman defeating Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and the Flash?

quote:
Maybe in your fan fiction stories.

Shall we talk about that one-thousand page Wolverine vs Spiderman thread that lasted over a decade?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:22 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yet, leonidas just confirmed that it wasn't and it is instead made out of proto-admanatium.

Did you even read that scan?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:29 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

http://i.stack.imgur.com/85f4K.jpg

"they gave me some of this rare metal to work with...vibranium i believe it is now called...."

confused

proto-adamantium is the name given to the vibranium alloy the shield was made from. proto-adamantium because it was macclain's first attempt at adamantium and was the 'non-replicable' precursor of it.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresource...ricashield8.jpg

so, yeah, the shield is made of an unknown and never repeated alloy, but vibranium has a hand in it.

as far as using bois--i agree they are not ideal, but there is no book anywhere that will specifically state it was 'wakandan vibranium' in the shield. that should be the default reasoning though without question, unless there is a third type of vibranium shown in a book somewhere that i am unaware of....

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:42 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not once does it mention that it absorbs anything, and it wasn't actually vibranium anymore. It was made by studying it in order to create a new indestructible metal from steel alloy. Which it was mixed in with steel alloy in a unspecified process as the lead scientist fell asleep during the mixture. The final product was adamantium. It's specifically indestructible.

Adamantium does not absorb anything.

Unless you want to try to say all adamantium retains this feature despite being made into an entirely new metal.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:43 AM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
http://i.stack.imgur.com/85f4K.jpg

"they gave me some of this rare metal to work with...vibranium i believe it is now called...."

confused

As I already said here:

Not once does it mention that it absorbs anything, and it wasn't actually vibranium anymore. It was made by studying it in order to create a new indestructible metal from steel alloy. Which it was mixed in with steel alloy in a unspecified process as the lead scientist fell asleep during the mixture. The final product was adamantium. It's specifically indestructible.

Adamantium does not absorb anything.

Unless you want to try to say all adamantium retains this feature despite being made into an entirely new metal.

As I was busy replying to Stiltman.

quote:
proto-adamantium is the name given to the vibranium alloy the shield was made from. proto-adamantium because it was macclain's first attempt at adamantium and was the 'non-replicable' precursor of it.

I know, and I read your scan the new alloy was a result of an unspecified mixture that created a new metal that was indestructible. Which was completely accidental. Unless you want to try and say adamantium retains its absorbing properties.

(please log in to view the image)

It wasn't the same metal. It was an entirely new one.

quote:

As I already established earlier it's not something Thor can damage. So, I am not sure why you're bringing this up.

Last edited by Sharivan on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:51 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm not sure what you're saying tbh, in particular this bit:

quote:
Unless you to try and say adamantium retains its absorbing properties.

don't know why you're bringing up adamantium in the shield discussion as the shield is not adamantium, which (as told in the thor scan) wasn't create until decades later.....

also, are you saying vibranium is NOT in the shield? confused

could the new alloy have....reduced/depleted the vibranium absorption properties? i guess, sure, but that would only add to what we see in so many scans--it partially absorbs impacts. i showed a scan that already confirmed it. your idea though (if that is what you're trying to say) has merit and would explain why the energy shield was even better at absorbing--it had more 'vibranium properties' than the shield retained by mixing metals.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:00 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not sure what you're saying tbh, in particular this bit:

Typo, that I fixed seven minutes before you replied. Just read it again.

quote:
don't know why you're bringing up adamantium in the shield discussion as the shield is not adamantium, which (as told in the thor scan) wasn't create until decades later.....

Short for protro-adamantium which garden variety adamantium is based off of. It is the prototype, and first form of adamantium that the lesser versions of adamantium are based off of. Yet, they do not have any energy absorbing abilities even to a lesser extent than it should.

quote:
also, are you saying vibranium is NOT in the shield? confused

I am saying it's drastically changed as a result of this procedure, and no longer vibranium as a result.

quote:
could the new alloy have....reduced/depleted the vibranium absorption properties? i guess, sure, but that would only add to what we see in so many scans--it partially absorbs impacts. i showed a scan that already confirmed it. your idea though (if that is what you're trying to say) has merit and would explain why the energy shield was even better at absorbing--it had more 'vibranium properties' than the shield retained by mixing metals.

Basically, yes that's what I am saying. The process should have diluted it to the point where it's clearly not very good at absorbing kinetic energy on its own. As we see when it fails to even completely absorb Cyclops optic blasts, and Captain America has to actually strain himself to push them. It's not any sort of nullification of kinetic energy, and what absorbing properties it does have seem nearly nonexistent without those aforementioned modifications.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:10 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What about U.S. Agent's shield? shifty

100% vibranium, still uses it for both attack and defense stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:58 AM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about U.S. Agent's shield? shifty

100% vibranium, still uses it for both attack and defense stick out tongue

We're back on vibranium when we're talking about proto-adamantium?

In which case maybe it's energy absorption can be used the opposite way in order to redirect kinetic energy. As seen with leonidas's first example. Where Captain America blasts someone with his modified shield.

I don't know comic book writers are barely able to sort through these things themselves. As I said before idiots the whole lot of them.

The rare exception being the likes of... I can't think of any. Maybe Brian K. Vaughan.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:15 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

The energy shield is a completely separate thing, Shariv. Can be thrown any time he likes, just doesn't return - he generates himself a new one.

You're just too stubborn to admit you're wrong here.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:33 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So basically none of Batman's fears count because they don't make sense.

Yeah, do continue wanking Iron Fist because of the same feats.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:36 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

The energy shield is a completely separate thing, Shariv. Can be thrown any time he likes, just doesn't return - he generates himself a new one.

So then, Captain America's shield has positively no instances where it clearly absorbs any kinetic energy? As that's the only one leonidas brought up that's clear on that.

quote:
You're just too stubborn to admit you're wrong here.

I don't want to hear that from someone who thought Wolverine would beat Spiderman in that positively ridiculous thread.

Nor someone who decides to bring up Silver Surfer's speed in an entirely different topic.

Originally posted by abhilegend
So basically none of Batman's fears count because they don't make sense.

Yeah, do continue wanking Iron Fist because of the same feats.

Nope, I provided many instances that showed that Danny is blatantly superhuman to the extent that most of his fights actually make sense. You provided positively no instances that prove that Batman is faster than light or a planet destroying demi-god.

You have two choices here.

You either drop that or egregiously claim Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and the Flash are not as superhuman as Batman.

Question if anyone brought those fights up against Superman would you honestly say they are legitimate even then?

You know it makes me wonder.

You would either try to defend yourself and say they are legitimate but that Superman is still somehow far above Batman. That, or backpeddle out of it.

That or use a straw man like you're doing right now in order to try and say I am doing the same thing your were then.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:48 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Batman has fought and stalemated Wonder woman 4 times.

It matters little if he is superhuman or not. He is just that much skilled.

Karate Kid shits on Rand in striking power and speed and yet Batman stalemated him. Two versions of Karate Kids.

So yeah, you can only ignore Batman's feats. Glad we established that.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:58 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote