KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » KotOR II Jedi Council vs Tython Jedi Strike Team

KotOR II Jedi Council vs Tython Jedi Strike Team
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Like who? Stass Allie? Coleman Trebor? Coleman Kcaj? Because the answer to all of these happens to be yes.
Stass Allie and Coleman Kcaj have virtually no feats, so it'd be unfair to label them as mooks. smile

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 07:38 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Allie does, tho. Well... one.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 08:28 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Team 2, seem more skilled.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 09:11 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Like who? Stass Allie? Coleman Trebor? Coleman Kcaj? Because the answer to all of these happens to be yes.

Not quite who I had in mind. I also don't need your opinion, I know from chat your problem with the masters has less to do with an era bias than certain other debaters around here wink

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Please. I don't rank KotOR II characters lowly because they're in KotOR II, nor do I rank some, as in like 4, PT characters highly because they're in the PT.
Originally posted by Selenial
You don't consider cut content viable, IIRC.

Tell me though, would you consider the relatively unexplored members from the PT Jedi Council mooks too?

Even with cut content, they're a bunch of people who get toyed with casually.

thumb up

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 05:59 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yeah, I made this thread with the intention of team 2 winning sabers every time, team 1 winning Force every time, and all-out likely going to team 2 (6-7/10?)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 07:14 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Please. I don't rank KotOR II characters lowly because they're in KotOR II, nor do I rank some, as in like 4, PT characters highly because they're in the PT.

Even with cut content, they're a bunch of people who get toyed with casually.

Ahh but you do, you just don't realise it. You dismiss the fact the few force feats they actually have are good compared to a lot of PT Council Members, because they were manhandled by Traya. You use Traya's treatment of them to lower them as force wielders instead of raise her, because of your opinion on her and the era in general.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:50 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

'Your preconceptions are irrelevant.' Is much easier to type Sel.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:32 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, sabers and Force are such pitched battles that I may as well have not made those rounds.

We're pretty much only discussing all-out, lol.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:37 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Also, what's this about Zez-Kai Ell being a weak link? He's more skilled than Kavar and probably similarly powerful.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:39 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Ignorance, simply put.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:43 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, I made this with the expectation that the K2 team would be lowballed, but not with the expectation that they would win the fight overall anyways.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:45 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Honestly, Lsu is MVP in sabers but the clear weak link in Force.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:46 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I don't expect Sarro to be stronger than her in Force, either. Bane was simply far more powerful than Zannah at this point, and less pressed in sabers, so his ability to dominate with the Force actually manifested itself.

But yeah, if Vrook could put Dantooine! Exile in Stasis, he can do it to either Sarro or Raskta. At worst, he can do something similar to what he did to the Exile's party in the caves.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:51 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by SunRazer
But yeah, if Vrook could put Dantooine! Exile in Stasis, he can do it to either Sarro or Raskta. At worst, he can do something similar to what he did to the Exile's party in the caves.

Oh sweet summer child, you have much to learn. The masters are featless, remember?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:58 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 11:59 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Selenial
Ahh but you do, you just don't realise it.

No, no, I really don't.
quote:

You dismiss the fact the few force feats they actually have are good compared to a lot of PT Council Members, because they were manhandled by Traya.

I don't dismiss their feats because they get manhandled by Traya. I scale them by the fact that they got manhandled by Traya. There's a difference.
quote:

You use Traya's treatment of them to lower them as force wielders instead of raise her, because of your opinion on her and the era in general.

No, I use Traya's treatment of them to place them lower than Traya, who is already lowered by the statements of her creator. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't give a shit about your, or anyone's really, opinion of her feats or accolades when it's being compared to the Word of God. I don't care about her era, and I don't care about the vast majority of any era. Or the mythos, if we're being honest. Traya's a mid-tier combatant who's able to take on all three of them at once. That makes them look bad whether you like it or not.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:40 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Lmfao, the double standards are absolutely hilarious.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:09 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Went through KotOR 2 again, according to Kreia the Jedi Masters were too powerful to be allowed to live.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 04:41 AM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't dismiss their feats because they get manhandled by Traya. I scale them by the fact that they got manhandled by Traya. There's a difference.

No, I use Traya's treatment of them to place them lower than Traya, who is already lowered by the statements of her creator. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't give a shit about your, or anyone's really, opinion of her feats or accolades when it's being compared to the Word of God. I don't care about her era, and I don't care about the vast majority of any era. Or the mythos, if we're being honest. Traya's a mid-tier combatant who's able to take on all three of them at once. That makes them look bad whether you like it or not.

No, there's no real difference to be honest. Their feats are quantifiable in comparison to every other era because they don't rely on scaling from other force users. It is the most concrete way of placing a character, to lower them based on an "unknown" (which Traya is if you don't solidly rank the others first) is both a fallacy and factually inaccurate.

To use Avellone's statements are retarded, tbh. What statement puts her as a "mid-tier" combatant. In Avellone's mind, she's not as strong as the ancient Sith, but in Avellone's mind every ancient Sith was Vitiate tier, and destroying planets on a whim. He doesn't write for the eras which he discusses, and Drew Karpyshyn even goes out of his way to say that an authors opinion is no more relevant than ours when discussing works he had no involvement in, their only usefulness is clarifying details. So please, again, tell me what quote you think is so drastically game changing in regards to her power levels that you must ignore the Council's feats and lower them because she's garbage?

Because that's your intrinsic era bias. Every character has feats that are quantifiable and comparable to other eras because they don't involve other characters. Traya's feats aren't like that, she relies on placement of other individuals in her era to actually show where she lies.

If you arbitrarily judge Traya's prowess first, based on nothing canonical for no reason, you're scaling the rest of the era down and ignoring their strong showings because "nope herpa derp Traya crushed them and she's shit". Like I said, it culminates in an era bias whether purposeful or not.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 11:56 AM