KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist vs. Midnighter

Iron Fist vs. Midnighter
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sharivan
No, they're not and you were the one butchering the context. As I made clear in the Kenshiro Gauntlet.

Not only that you added context that wasn't there. Such as Danny's punch only destroying the guidance system of that helicarrier despite the fact this is never noted, and that Danny went through that train full of explosives. When we don't see that.

I didn't add context.

The damage on the Hellcarrier were minimal so that's obviously something that lead the Hellcarrier to crash AKA the guidance system or similar stuff.

On the other hand you completely made-up that Danny moved at thousand of times the speed of sound in a microsecond and that he absorbed a nuke as that's not what is showed on panel.

quote:

You didn't post a single feat that could turn the tables in Iron Fist's favor.

That's normal.

There is literally less than 0 % of chance for Danny to beat Kenshiro or Midnighter.

I'm glad that you subconsciously recognized your mistake in here.

quote:

Nope, it's not you're the one that claimed that Midnighter's battle computer can accommodate practically any and all scenarios.

That's exactly what Midnighter's comuter is meant to do.

(please log in to view the image)

quote:

That's a no limit fallacy.

i'm glad that you recognize that pretending that an improvised Kung-Fu style coming from a Jackie Chan's movie isn't actually a mean to defeat Midnighter.

quote:

I didn't say Danny's drunken style is undefeatable, and can't be predicted by anyone. Someone who has legitimate precognition instead of prediction or telepathy can defeat it.

Rofl.

You are grasping at straws with your obscure terms thrown for nothing...

I don't care what you consider as legitimate.

Midnighter's battle computer will anticipate every scenario and that's all that matter.

quote:

No, I am not that is literally how comicvine operates. The moderators ban people at moment's notice for any sort of slight with no forewarning. Just for disagreeing with them.

As far as I know this kind of scenario rarely happens on comicvine.

I guess that the only reason would be a massive spam of scans and trolling on the forum like making-up a version of Iron Fist for example.

quote:

No, it's your headcanon in regards to this that's contradicted by everything we see and hear in story.

Keep believing that.

quote:

They are retarded no matter how you want to ignore or pretend that isn't the case. On top of being against the rules to even use to begin with.

Yeah sure.

You are so out-of-argument that you insult the guys whom edited and wrote the stories.

Nice try.

quote:

Yes, Tom Brevoort is literally that stupid that a random nerd on the internet knows more that he does.

Random insults thrown at a legit authority at Marvel.

Please keep discrediting yourself.

quote:

That's how it is.

In regards to this particular topic? No. As it showcases how idiotic their community is.

LOL

quote:

They're not hyperbolic statements as I made clear. How in the world are specific timeframes such as "microsecond" and "0.05 seconds" hyperbolic.

Keep spamming this thread with your nonsenses.

I already explained all that shit in the other thread.

quote:

How is "hundreds of megatons" and "wiping London off the wipe if it's not stopped" hyperbolic?

The explosion isn't even close to a Nuke so it's clearly show on panel that's hyperbolic.
quote:

They're necessary for Midnighter to defeat Iron Fist.

Nope.

He can punch his head off without it.

quote:

Despite the many instances I brought up that proves you wrong. Neither fight at human speed. I mean Jesus Christ the Midnighter is a bullet-timer at least. He was able to deflect a tank shell with a kick.

Now you're undermining his abilities too?

They do fight at human speed and stop using projectiles as a proof when there is no correlation with that and fighting in hand-to-hand.

quote:

I didn't overplay it. The drunken style specifically allows Danny to counter people who can literally know what he is thinking, and what he is planning on doing. Simply by virtue of being that unpredictable.

You've just contradicted yourself once more:

quote:

I didn't say Danny's drunken style is undefeatable, and can't be predicted by anyone. Someone who has legitimate precognition instead of prediction or telepathy can defeat it.

LOL

Midnighter's computer has nothing to do with telepathy but please continue with definist fallacies.

quote:

I am not the one who said Midnighter fights at human speeds, and whilst I haven't read the entirety of the Authority I have read a few issues.

You didn't say it because otherwise you will have to recognize that your favourite character is weaker than you want him to be. LULZ

Midnighter (New52) stomps and Minighter (Wildstorm) curbstomps.

Last edited by RealityWarper on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 09:39 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Midnighter's computer doesn't work like precog, not exactly.[b]

[b](please log in to view the image)

Didn't say that it did, and I specified my opinion on that here:

That's a no limit fallacy.

As the drunken style could simply be countered by someone who actually sees the future rather than predicting it based on what the person is thinking or doing.

quote:
He sees a scenario he likes (i.e. Midnighter wins). He then works backwards (OK, if I am to win, I need to break his leg. To break his leg, I need to do A, which makes him do B, and to do A, I need to make him do C etc etc). He in effect plans the entire fight out for both sides, then 'forces' the opponent to do it the way he wants.

Which is the problem because Midnighter is dealing someone whose fighting style is already so unpredictable that people that can literally read his mind can't predict what he would do. That, and I am pretty sure Midnighter's battle computer never thought of creating defenses against hardcore kickboxing cardio. Billy Blanks saves the day once again.

Maybe if Danny is nice enough he will teach Midnighter how to use Tae Bo as a deadly weapon.

quote:
IOW, Drunken Fist wouldn't counter it. As Danny wouldn't get the chance to use it.

This is the same guy who can charge and utilize his most powerful technique in the span of 0.05 seconds, and when not using it he is much faster than that.

This before Danny even gets Orson Randall's chi or starts learning from the Book of the Iron Fist.

quote:
With regards to the doors, all the Doc did was come up with the plan. Do people have scans of what Jenny did with her powers? How she changed it?

I don't.

Which is why I was asking you or waiting for someone else. Maybe once I finish reading it but otherwise not at the moment.

Besides what RealitryWarper said, and considering that maybe I should be more suspicious of it.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 09:46 PM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Didn't say that it did, and I specified my opinion on that here:

As the drunken style could simply be countered by someone who actually sees the future rather than predicting it based on what the person is thinking or doing.

Which is the problem because Midnighter is dealing someone whose fighting style is already so unpredictable that people that can literally read his mind can't predict what he would do. That, and I am pretty sure Midnighter's battle computer never thought of creating defenses against hardcore kickboxing cardio. Billy Blanks saves the day once again.

Maybe if Danny is nice enough he will teach Midnighter how to use Tae Bo as a deadly weapon.

This is the same guy who can charge and utilize his most powerful technique in the span of 0.05 seconds, and when not using it he is much faster than that.

This before Danny even gets Orson Randall's chi or starts learning from the Book of the Iron Fist.

I don't.

Which is why I was asking you or waiting for someone else. Maybe once I finish reading it but otherwise not at the moment.

Besides what RealitryWarper said, and considering that maybe I should be more suspicious of it.

Fair enough (with regards to the suspicion). I won't take it personally.

My point wasn't to do with the timing. My point was, I guess, that Midnighter would be forcing Danny to be on the defensive most of the time, or at least, reactive.

Imagine it like this. I want you to say the word 'medal' (the preferred outcome). So I ask you to complete this sentence (you have to answer truthfully): Hey, Sharivan, what word begins with M, you have three of them at the Olympics - gold/silver/bronze, and they are given out to winners, sounds like 'metal'? This is me setting things up for my outcome, which my brain has told me is the best scenario to get you to say 'medal'.

Now, because of the circumstances that I set up, you HAVE to say medal. Or just refuse to say it (i.e. forfeit).

That's what I mean by the chance to use it. I want you to say medal, I have decided on a course that leads to you saying it, and you have to go along with it. You can't say 'whale', or 'chair', or try saying random words...because that means you have answered the question incorrectly.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 09:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

My point wasn't to do with the timing. My point was, I guess, that Midnighter would be forcing Danny to be on the defensive most of the time, or at least, reactive.

Imagine it like this. I want you to say the word 'medal' (the preferred outcome). So I ask you to complete this sentence (you have to answer truthfully): Hey, Sharivan, what word begins with M, you have three of them at the Olympics - gold/silver/bronze, and they are given out to winners, sounds like 'metal'? This is me setting things up for my outcome, which my brain has told me is the best scenario to get you to say 'medal'.

Now, because of the circumstances that I set up, you HAVE to say medal. Or just refuse to say it (i.e. forfeit).

That's what I mean by the chance to use it. I want you to say medal, I have decided on a course that leads to you saying it, and you have to go along with it. You can't say 'whale', or 'chair', or try saying random words...because that means you have answered the question incorrectly.

Here are my explanations about the Doors feat:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...essage-13865543

Saren was wrecked big time and caught using those scans out-of-context. XD

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:04 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by RealityWarper
Here are my explanations about the Doors feat:

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...essage-13865543

Saren was wrecked big time and caught using those scans out-of-context. XD

That explanation doesn't matter to THIS debate, however.

The Doctor wanted to turn them into pixie dust - and Jenny helped him to do so.

However, like you said, to do so would trigger explosions. Hence, the Carrier to BFR them into the desert where they can explode harmlessly.

SO all the Carrier did, was door them. Something that I am saying Midnighter can also do. Your explanation in the thread said nothing about them being different doors, or that Jenny/Habib modded them in any way.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't add context.

You did.

You added things that weren't said or weren't seen.

quote:
The damage on the Hellcarrier were minimal so that's obviously something that lead the Hellcarrier to crash AKA the guidance system or similar stuff.

Speculation that you did not support with any evidence. This is your subjective opinion right now. I am still waiting for that evidence by the way but I doubt you will provide it.

quote:
On the other hand you completely made-up that Danny moved at thousand of times the speed of sound in a microsecond and that he absorbed a nuke as that's not what is showed on panel.

No, I didn't. You made up the fact the civilians moved in that time-frame and are ignoring that if he absorbed the brunt of it there wouldn't be that much collateral damage to begin with. That's the whole point of absorption.

quote:
That's normal.

There is literally less than 0 % of chance for Danny to beat Kenshiro or Midnighter.

I'm glad that you subconsciously recognized your mistake in here.

Nope, it's not you're the one that claimed that Midnighter's battle computer can accommodate practically any and all scenarios.

I did not type that.

That was part of your post that somehow got caught into my reply. You do remember what you said here?

Unfortunately.

All the scans that you are spamming in threads are irrelevant and worse than that misinterpreted.

You didn't post a single feat that could turn the tables in Iron Fist's favor.

I suppose that it was a typographical error, and I missed that as I was busy replying to DarkSaint at the time.

Good job trying to play that up as something that it wasn't though.

quote:
i'm glad that you recognize that pretending that an improvised Kung-Fu style coming from a Jackie Chan's movie isn't actually a mean to defeat Midnighter.

Yet another straw man as egregious as the one you made prior to this.

quote:
Rofl.

You are grasping at straws with your obscure terms thrown for nothing...

Nope, that's the difference that I was pointing out there that you're ignoring once again.

Nice try though

quote:
I don't care what you consider as legitimate.

Well, I don't care about your head canon. It seems we're at an impasse.

quote:
Midnighter's battle computer will anticipate every scenario and that's all that matter.

1) No limit fallacy.

2) Ignoring that prediction does not equal speed.

3) Once again dismissing everything else.

I am not surprised. This seems to be your bread and butter.

quote:
As far as I know this kind of scenario rarely happens on comicvine.

Not rarely it happened a few days ago to some of my friends simply for disagreeing on something.

quote:
I guess that the only reason would be a massive spam of scans and trolling on the forum like making-up a version of Iron Fist for example.

No, you're the one using a head canon version of Iron Fist right now. You're ignoring context, and you're adding context not supported by evidence.

The definition comicvine has of trolling is not trolling.

quote:
Keep believing that.

Oh, I will as you have failed to bring up any counter evidence.

quote:
Yeah sure.

You are so out-of-argument that you insult the guys whom edited and wrote the stories.

Nice try.

As they are deserving of ridicule. They are idiots you can't really argue otherwise. They make some good stories but also make some idiotic mistakes. It's called being a human being.

quote:
Random insults thrown at a legit authority at Marvel.

Please keep discrediting yourself.

Tom Brevoort is to Marvel in the same sense that Celine Dion is to music. A grand tragedy that should be buried and forgotten.

quote:
LOL

[QUOTE]Keep spamming this thread with your nonsenses.

*Nonsense.

It ain't spam when it's relevant evidence that you're failing to counter.

quote:
I already explained all that shit in the other thread.

I already took it apart in that other thread. Which you have yet to actually provide a counter argument for.

quote:
The explosion isn't even close to a Nuke so it's clearly show on panel that's hyperbolic.

Most likely due to the Iron Fist's ability to absorb energy. As that would mean it wouldn't be as big as it should be anyway.

quote:
Nope.

He can punch his head off without it.

Nope, Midnighter really can't. As I already explained in triplicate.

You're going to ignore that though.

quote:
hey do fight at human speed and stop using projectiles as a proof when there is no correlation with that and fighting in hand-to-hand.

Yes, there is.

quote:
You've just contradicted yourself once more:

No, I did not. There was nothing I said that contradicted myself. I noted that someone with actual precognition instead of prediction or telepathy can do it.

quote:
LOL

Midnighter's computer has nothing to do with telepathy but please continue with definist fallacies.

No, but it has everything to do with prediction. Which the drunken fist counters even when the person doing the predicting can literally read your mind.

quote:
You didn't say it because otherwise you will have to recognize that your favourite character is weaker than you want him to be. LULZ

Nope, I didn't say it because Midnighter is fast enough to kick tank shells away. Which you're ignoring once again. As I already noted you're undermining Midnighter.

Last edited by Sharivan on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:14 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:10 PM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

That explanation doesn't matter to THIS debate, however.

The Doctor wanted to turn them into pixie dust - and Jenny helped him to do so.

However, like you said, to do so would trigger explosions. Hence, the Carrier to BFR them into the desert where they can explode harmlessly.

SO all the Carrier did, was door them. Something that I am saying Midnighter can also do. Your explanation in the thread said nothing about them being different doors, or that Jenny/Habib modded them in any way.

I didn't precise that Jenny / Habib modded the doors because it seemed obvious from my point of view.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:21 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

You did.

You added things that weren't said or weren't seen.

Speculation that you did not support with any evidence. This is your subjective opinion right now. I am still waiting for that evidence by the way but I doubt you will provide it.

No, I didn't. You made up the fact the civilians moved in that time-frame and are ignoring that if he absorbed the brunt of it there wouldn't be that much collateral damage to begin with. That's the whole point of absorption.

I did not type that.

That was part of your post that somehow got caught into my reply. You do remember what you said here?

I suppose that it was a typographical error, and I missed that as I was busy replying to DarkSaint at the time.

Good job trying to play that up as something that it wasn't though.

Yet another straw man as egregious as the one you made prior to this.

Nope, that's the difference that I was pointing out there that you're ignoring once again.

Nice try though

Well, I don't care about your head canon. It seems we're at an impasse.

1) No limit fallacy.

2) Ignoring that prediction does not equal speed.

3) Once again dismissing everything else.

I am not surprised. This seems to be your bread and butter.

Not rarely it happened a few days ago to some of my friends simply for disagreeing on something.

No, you're the one using a head canon version of Iron Fist right now. You're ignoring context, and you're adding context not supported by evidence.

The definition comicvine has of trolling is not trolling.

Oh, I will as you have failed to bring up any counter evidence.

As they are deserving of ridicule. They are idiots you can't really argue otherwise. They make some good stories but also make some idiotic mistakes. It's called being a human being.

Tom Brevoort is to Marvel in the same sense that Celine Dion is to music. A grand tragedy that should be buried and forgotten.

*Nonsense.

It ain't spam when it's relevant evidence that you're failing to counter.

I already took it apart in that other thread. Which you have yet to actually provide a counter argument for.

Most likely due to the Iron Fist's ability to absorb energy. As that would mean it wouldn't be as big as it should be anyway.

Nope, Midnighter really can't. As I already explained in triplicate.

You're going to ignore that though.

Yes, there is.

No, I did not. There was nothing I said that contradicted myself. I noted that someone with actual precognition instead of prediction or telepathy can do it.

No, but it has everything to do with prediction. Which the drunken fist counters even when the person doing the predicting can literally read your mind.

Nope, I didn't say it because Midnighter is fast enough to kick tank shells away. Which you're ignoring once again. As I already noted you're undermining Midnighter.

Once more nothing worth responding in your post.

Midnighter blows IF head off.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:22 PM
DarkSaint85

I didn't precise that Jenny / Habib modded the doors because it seemed obvious from my point of view.

Yah. Whereas my viewpoint is that the Carrier did all the dooring on her own, and Habib just wanted (not needed) Jenny's help in pixie dusting them as it made it easier.

The Carrier wasn't modded, nor were the doors. They managed to call 666 doors onto people, and it sent them away.

Something that Midnighter can call for here as well. He doesn't need Jenny/Habib's powers, because he's not turning them into pixie dust.

For Sharivan:

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:24 PM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Once more nothing worth responding in your post.

Midnighter blows IF head off.

Well, besides everything that's in it that you haven't provided counter evidence for. The fact you made a blatant straw man attempt using part of your post that got caught into mine because of a typographical error.

That I would have edited if I wasn't already busy replying to DarkSaint at the time.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:28 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yah. Whereas my viewpoint is that the Carrier did all the dooring on her own, and Habib just wanted (not needed) Jenny's help in pixie dusting them as it made it easier.

The Carrier wasn't modded, nor were the doors. They managed to call 666 doors onto people, and it sent them away.

Something that Midnighter can call for here as well. He doesn't need Jenny/Habib's powers, because he's not turning them into pixie dust.

One important page was missing but I will post all that is needed here :

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:33 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, besides everything that's in it that you haven't provided counter evidence for. The fact you made a blatant straw man attempt using part of your post that got caught into mine because of a typographical error.

That I would have edited if I wasn't already busy replying to DarkSaint at the time.

1) I didn't do any strawman.

2) I quoted twice your post on purpose in my answer to show that you are contradicting yourself.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:35 PM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which brings back the possibility of the other Door you brought up. Which I dismissed because of what RealityWarper said. So, I retract my previous statement on that.

quote:

The thing is Danny is the one with the huge AOE, and he is able to charge his chi so quickly that it's probably Midnighter who would be on the defense here. As I already mentioned the charge for his chi is ridiculously short. That coupled with the speed advantage (probably), energy absorption, and the volatile effects it has inter-dimensional portals?

quote:

I am not sure how that applies here.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:36 PM
DarkSaint85

Gotcha. The Doc/Jenny's powers were used to aid the Carrier in opening 666 escape routes. My bad.

Luckily, Midnighter only needs one here evil face

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:37 PM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

1) I didn't do any strawman.

2) I quoted twice your post on purpose in my answer to show that you are contradicting yourself.

1) Yes, you did. It's quite clear.

2) You're admitting that you're purposely trying to dishonestly represent my side of the argument?

I haven't contradicted myself there. That was part of your post that got stuck into mine. Word for word.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:39 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotcha. The Doc/Jenny's powers were used to aid the Carrier in opening 666 escape routes. My bad.

Luckily, Midnighter only needs one here evil face

Yep.

I was very surprised about Saren's claim myself because that's an unusual way to use the doors.

That's a good teamwork anyway. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:40 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

1) Yes, you did. It's quite clear.

2) You're admitting that you're purposely trying to dishonestly represent my side of the argument?

I haven't contradicted myself there. That was part of your post that got stuck into mine. Word for word.

Instead of trying to discredit me why don't you try posting some combat feats for Iron Fist that could give some weight to your claims ? hum

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:41 PM
DarkSaint85

J
Which brings back the possibility of the other Door you brought up. Which I dismissed because of what RealityWarper said. So, I retract my previous statement on that.

The thing is Danny is the one with the huge AOE, and he is able to charge his chi so quickly that it's probably Midnighter who would be on the defense here. As I already mentioned the charge for his chi is ridiculously short. That coupled with the speed advantage (probably), energy absorption, and the volatile effects it has inter-dimensional portals?

I am not sure how that applies here.

Yeah, RealityWarper has now clarified and showed that the Doc/Jenny never changed the nature of the doors, only the carrier's ability to open so many at once. Which is not applicable here, as he has only one target (or at least, 10 or so. Not 666).

It applies, because whilst IF DOES have the offensive advantage, he doesn't get to use it because of the way Midnighter sets the fight up.

Same way that you may have the advantage on me, with a larger vocabulary. You can say any word you like when I ask the question about the medals - but there is only ONE word that would answer me correctly. You can try saying 'chair', or 'table', or 'book' - but I have rigged the game to mean that answering the question means saying the word that I predicted you would say.

So yes, IF DOES have the ability for ghosts, healing, AoE punches, Drunken Fists, Tae Bo etc. Not saying he can't do it.

But the fight has been rigged, because Midnighter wants a certain outcome to happen. And has worked backwards from that outcome, to plan the entire fight out. The human body only has so many ways it can punch, so many ways it can kick, or headbutt, for example.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:44 PM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Instead of trying to discredit me why don't you try posting some combat feats for Iron Fist that could give some weight to your claims ? hum

I haven't tried to discredit you. You have done a good job of doing that yourself. I already provided the evidence right there.

It doesn't matter what you think.

That's what happened.

Now you openly admitted to trying to butcher my posts.

I already posted a bunch of speed feats.

Immortal Iron Fist #23

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Dodging four different bullets at once, and does so in slow motion so we can see the bullets in mid-air.

Power Man & Iron Fist #89

https://i.imgur.com/ciYjoBD.jpg

Deflecting dozens of flechettes at once, and creating numerous afterimages.

Power Man & Iron Fist #50

https://i.imgur.com/apaLQqQ.jpg

Catching a bullet with bare hands.

Immortal Iron Fist Annual

https://i.imgur.com/mzHglT3.jpg

He is able to move within the time-frame of a microsecond.

Iron Fist v3 #1

http://imgur.com/a/TiUNn

It only takes him 0.05 seconds to charge and use his Iron Fist.

Power Man & Iron Fist #54

https://i.imgur.com/WOnwAf0.jpg

He is able to easily defeat a giant dragon.

Immortal Weapons #5

http://imgur.com/a/0EXnr

He is able to take down a helicarrier with a single blow.

New Avengers #59

http://imgur.com/a/BHP0F

The collateral damage from his Iron Fist is compared to a hydrogen bomb.

Deadly Hands of Kung Fu #20

http://imgur.com/a/76zEa

He is able to murder Zhu-Rong, a God of Fire and Universal Order in a single punch.

Iron Fist: ILW #11

https://i.imgur.com/5ckAEMV.jpg

As well as here.

There is also the instance where Daniel Rand punches through a helicopter by leaping towards it from the side of a skyscraper. As he fights a bunch of ninjas amidst free fall.

Iron Fist: TLW #1

http://i.imgur.com/T4O2wy9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yWDgHjD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aWlxCn9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YhIuwyF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JVnp7lp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DsZ7WJI.jpg

He leaped all the way from the skyscraper, through the helicopter, and made it back in one piece.

He catches a bullet here after Brenda tries to kill herself. Do keep in mind since the gun was right next to her head? That means the timeframe he had to cross the distance had to be incredibly tiny.

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #12

http://imgur.com/a/Fup9N

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:45 PM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, RealityWarper has now clarified and showed that the Doc/Jenny never changed the nature of the doors, only the carrier's ability to open so many at once. Which is not applicable here, as he has only one target (or at least, 10 or so. Not 666).

So, it's usable as was the initial argument you made?

quote:
It applies, because whilst IF DOES have the offensive advantage, he doesn't get to use it because of the way Midnighter sets the fight up.

As I already noted prediction only gets you so far. You need the actually strength and speed to back you up. There are a lot force users for example who can genuinely sense the future rather than predicting it but it still wouldn't be usable against people faster than they are.

quote:
Same way that you may have the advantage on me, with a larger vocabulary. You can say any word you like when I ask the question about the medals - but there is only ONE word that would answer me correctly. You can try saying 'chair', or 'table', or 'book' - but I have rigged the game to mean that answering the question means saying the word that I predicted you would say.

So yes, IF DOES have the ability for ghosts, healing, AoE punches, Drunken Fists, Tae Bo etc. Not saying he can't do it.

But the fight has been rigged, because Midnighter wants a certain outcome to happen. And has worked backwards from that outcome, to plan the entire fight out. The human body only has so many ways it can punch, so many ways it can kick, or headbutt, for example.

This would have to work under the assumption that Midnighter is as fast, and is strong enough to actually hurt Iron Fist here.

The prior is necessary because as I noted prediction or precognition is useless if you're not fast enough to use it. In order for Midnighter to rig the fight in his favor he has to be able to act on his predictions, and then move to set out his plans.

That's the limitation of being able to predict the future or see the future. You yourself need to actually be fast and strong enough that there is scenario where you can actually rig the fight.

It's the same with practitioners of the Hercules Method from the Luther Strode trilogy. They can predict the future but there's only so much they can do. There's also the fact that in the case of prediction there are factors you can't accommodate.

Say for instance a sudden eruption of chi. As that's not some typical punch or kick.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 10:55 PM