KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Fist vs. Midnighter

Iron Fist vs. Midnighter
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, Bada got rid of the 'yellow bellied n*gger' comment, along with the troll threads he made.

Galan is twice as brave as me, confirmed.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:36 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You were scarred of calling abhi a nagger?

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 25th, 2016 at 06:43 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Galan007
You were scarred of calling abhi a nagger?

Which is kinda funny, as he's neither Asian nor black.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:42 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Which is kinda funny, as he's neither Asian nor black.
thumb up

He's Kryptonian.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Damn it, foiled again.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:51 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

After all that excitement....

Midnighter doors him into space.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 09:35 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

After all that excitement....

Midnighter doors him into space.

Door's a portal, right? Like a space bridge?

In all seriousness, he can't tp someone against their will, can he? Like Nigbtcrawler?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 03:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It's sad that bfr needs to be taken out in every thread. People always try to find the easy way out.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 05:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
It's sad that bfr needs to be taken out in every thread. People always try to find the easy way out.

How easily could Hulk or Gladiator beat anyone by throwing them into the sun?

Yeah, it's true.. The cheap moves get called all the time, even if it's 1% of a characters win ratio..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 05:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by cdtm
Door's a portal, right? Like a space bridge?

In all seriousness, he can't tp someone against their will, can he? Like Nigbtcrawler?

He can.

And you say it's 1% of his win ratio - but he uses doors in his fight so many times.

Carver gets butthurt over the 'easy way out' - please remember, we don't just fight with powersets here, carver. Character also comes into play.

And Midnighter is a cheaty twisted bastard. If there is an easy way, he will take it. It's not as if I am saying Batman uses the JLA teleporters in every fight.

Cry some more.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 07:45 PM
carver9

He can.

And you say it's 1% of his win ratio - but he uses doors in his fight so many times.

Carver gets butthurt over the 'easy way out' - please remember, we don't just fight with powersets here, carver. Character also comes into play.

And Midnighter is a cheaty twisted bastard. If there is an easy way, he will take it. It's not as if I am saying Batman uses the JLA teleporters in every fight.

Cry some more.

It's like me going into every Hulk thread saying he wins by punching whomever he is fighting across the planet/state. He's done it so much that it's consistent but it's a cheap tactic that ends a debate on the first page. When you look at Midnighters overall showings, he doesn't use door in the majority of his fights.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Bold words.

Let's go. Not even a BZ, as I know you hate them.

Out of Hulk's...10,000 showings? He's been around for a while now. Easy for you to show him ending...10% of his fights (so 1000 showings) with a punch across the country

Midnighter has what, 100 appearances? 10% of those equal 10 showings of him using doors in a fight.

Can you match my 10%? If not, then they are really not comparable.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:40 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many of those uses ends the fight, though?

I'd bet Nightcrawler has a far geater percentage of tp use. And we all know it can insta end a fight.

Not many argue it would, in a vs.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:42 PM
Senor Cage

Midnighter doesn't need the doors to beat Danny. One kick and his head comes clean off.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:44 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

How many of those uses ends the fight, though?

I'd bet Nightcrawler has a far geater percentage of tp use. And we all know it can insta end a fight.

Not many argue it would, in a vs.

Then what, people would argue Nightcrawler uses....prep? Martial arts? Heat vision?

Full capacity. CIS (I.e. Their characters) is still in place.

Nightcrawler hardly teleports his opponents heads off. Nobody argues that. He does BAMF around his opponent. If I argued that, nobody would bat an eyelid.

Like I said, in character, Midnighter likes to use cheap tactics. He likes to cheat.

If we just argue using powersets, like carver likes to do here, then sure, we should stack strength,speed, skill etc feats against each other.

Midnighter won't give a shit about that, though. If he can, he will use doors. He will send them into space, or hop around the world crashing fighter jets into his opponent, or door around his opponent.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 04:45 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread was hilarious.

The argument about Iron Fist fooling Midnighter's battle computer was completely unrealistic and unsound.

Danny Rand have been completely destroyed by a monster capable to anticipate his Kung Fu just by sensing his Chi but Danny stopped focusing his chi and killed the monster on a lucky blow....

Midnighter's battle computer doesn't have this weakness and will give to Lucas one billion of way to win that fight...

Midnighter wins on a landslide.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 06:05 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was nothing lucky about beating the Iron Fist killer..

He also fooled Mr. X's precog, and the Spider-sense.

My main argument was, and still is, that there's not much MN can do in an arena setting against a full out Black Panther busting, city block leveling chi blitz. The same way he fell to Martian Manhunter moving over a pressure point, despite his BC.

BC isn't a magic "I win" button. Even it's limited by available tactics and knowledge of a threat (A lot of Danny's abilities aren't exactly common knowledge, coming from a secret city and him being a B list hero no one covers well enough to even know he didn't kill someone those ten times he was wrongfully accused...)

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 06:49 PM
DarkSaint85

The IF Killer, Mr X and the Spider sense are all not like the Battle Computer, though.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 06:58 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The IF Killer, Mr X and the Spider sense are all not like the Battle Computer, though.

Nope, it's not.

I compare it to a grandmaster level chess computer, with insanely fast analysis abilities.

The kind even the best player in the world could only stalemate.

So basically, the only way you're beating MN is by:

1. Have an ace he doesn't know about. (J'onn.)

2. Overpower him.

I'm not sure Danny can do 1., but I believe he's capable of #2 at his best.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 07:04 PM
DarkSaint85

Nope, it's not.

I compare it to a grandmaster level chess computer, with insanely fast analysis abilities.

The kind even the best player in the world could only stalemate.

So basically, the only way you're beating MN is by:

1. Have an ace he doesn't know about. (J'onn.)

2. Overpower him.

I'm not sure Danny can do 1., but I believe he's capable of #2 at his best.

Problem with the chess analogy (which works for a fight, actually) is that there are only so many different moves you can make (and only so many ways you can kick/throw a punch).

Classic version, at least, worked backwards from a victory. You can't outskill or outpower a computer that is working from a victory condition, unless you cheat or start playing a different game.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 07:08 PM