KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Satele Shan vs Pong Krell

Satele Shan vs Pong Krell
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Like I said, simply to go from a Knight to a Master would, according to ToG, be a noticeable enough leap. To then go from that to a Council Master, and then a Grandmaster would be another noticeable enough leap.

Not necessarily. Wisdom plays a major roll in as well, Jedi aren't Sith, where power is all that matters, as shown time and again. Anakin's power/skill didn't suddenly go up a notch because he completed the Praesitlyn campaign to became a Jedi Knight, neither was Ulic status as the greatest of the Jedi, and the only one alive that could rival Kun's power, when in reality, he was powerful enough to be the Grand Master. Or the fact, Kyp Durron, who is, without doubt, the second or third most Jedi in the Order, was skipped over for Kenth Hammer as acting GM when Luke was on leave, because he wasn't exactly the most wise, and mentally sound -- again, not all about power, nor skill with a blade.

quote:
Plus, she had decades to improve. I'm pretty sure she'd be considerably ahead of her Hope! self.

Conjecture, we're done. Stop replying to me, please.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 08:09 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

So an anecdotal fallacy and an appeal to ignorance? Yeah, that's cool.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:13 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Oh shit, you can Google fallacy's and attach them to opposing arguments in hopes of looking actual knowledgeable to substitute saying anything actually substantial lmao. Cheers, bruh.

You're an absolute punchline, Wollf.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:17 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I've already stated my argument, which you dismiss on fallacious grounds; and just because you weren't aware of some types of fallacies doesn't mean I wasn't, lmao.

Of course, you've resorted to throwing around insults to seem superior in this particular instance , yet accuse me of being a punchline.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:20 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
I've already stated my argument

Which were cancer.

quote:
which you dismiss on fallacious grounds

No, I gave you clear in-canon examples on why rank doesn't indicate power, it's common sense - an single entry in a RPG sourcebook won't change that. You then try to act [emphasis on act], all intellectual (lmao) by proceeding to list a bunch of logical fallacy's in hopes to seem substantial and relevant. Leave the Nia'ing to the actual Nai's.

quote:
and just because you weren't aware of some types of fallacies doesn't mean I wasn't, lmao.

(please log in to view the image)

Yeah, but sure - I didn't know of these fallacy's, kek.

quote:
Of course, you've resorted to throwing around insults

Oh, wow. I'm surprised you didn't head to Google to get a fallacy that matches with this, and accuse me of ad hominem.

quote:
yet accuse me of being a punchline.

You're a punchline because your post on these boards are more laughed at then pandered upon, honestly.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:35 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Which were cancer.

I'd accuse this of an appeal to stone, but you'll probably say I googled that, too.

No, I gave you clear in-canon examples on why rank doesn't indicate power, it's common sense - an single entry in a RPG sourcebook won't change that.

Yeah, by using isolated examples regarding characters who are exceptions, not rules. Mostly, it's knowledge, power and skill that sets the standards in the Jedi Order. Are there exceptions, of course. But that's just it: exceptions.

Saying Shan's case is also an exception is very much your own conjecture, in which case we fall back on Occam's Razor which supports the simplest explanation to a speculative topic. In this case, you either have judging something as a usual rule, or the exception to it. The simpler solution would be the former.

You then try to act [emphasis on act], all intellectual (lmao) by proceeding to list a bunch of logical fallacy's in hopes to seem substantial and relevant. Leave the Nia'ing to the actual Nai's.

I'm not acting, but I don't need to prove anything. I don't feel the need to directly flash my bravado or pride onto anyone like an insecure individual who finds ways to vent by bragging on the internet.

Note: I am not neccessarily accusing you of anything, but there are users to which I can attribute the above.

Yeah, but sure - I didn't know of these fallacy's, kek.

The way you spoke, you seemed to have been unaware. .

So great, you know a fallacy, doesn't mean I suddenly googled mine, lol.

Oh, wow. I'm surprised you didn't head to Google to get a fallacy that matches with this, and accuse me of ad hominem.

I think that one was too obvious, tbh.

You're a punchline because your post on these boards are more laughed at then pandered upon, honestly.

Something I really couldn't care less about, even if I tried. Most of the people on this board have a distaste for me because I had the sheer audacity to challenge them, or defy them on something.

Today, the quality of a debate doesn't matter, what matters is trading insults and d!ck measuring contests to prove superiority because everyone here has some type of complex they can't find any psychiatrist to solve.

Granted, I myself am guilty of bravado, at times imprudent admittedly, but it's usually just banter rather than anything I actually believe about myself or others in comparison to myself.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:50 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Meh, I don't even care about this shitty thread anymore. Wanna go out for a strawberry milkshake later, friend?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:56 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

DC finally understands the art of not giving a shit. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:58 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Meh, I don't even care about this shitty thread anymore. Wanna go out for a strawberry milkshake later, friend?

Agreed, and you know I do. thumb up

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:59 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Too much speculation to answer this thread.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote