KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman Vs Morlun

Aquaman Vs Morlun
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Aquaman Vs Morlun

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.

Trident or no trident, whichever seems fair.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 09:57 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Morlun is not a good character for Vs. threads - the f*cker is nigh-unstoppable.

He eats Arthur and mails his orange chainmail (covered in blood) to Pr.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:16 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats nice.

No offense, BTW.
Its just, the way characters are debated online, they're all nigh-unstoppable.
Does the character have super speed? They win.
TP? They win.
Death spores? They win.
Battle computer? They win.
Are they Superman, Batman, or Black Panther? They win.

Just trying to start a thread here, man. stick out tongue

Last edited by riv6672 on Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 10:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Aquaman could give Morlun a good fight physically, but Aquaman's powers are fish-based which isn't going to cut it here. Morlun absorbs him, leaving Arthur little more than a dried up fish stick.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 12:33 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Morlun hasnt faced anyone above meta. The wanking needs to stop

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 12:50 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Black Panther hardly wins, I mean that victory guaranteed factor with him ? I don't see it.

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 12:59 PM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Morlun hasnt faced anyone above meta. The wanking needs to stop

He did make an Alt. Genis-Vell look like an ant in comparison. But obviously we don't know if he equates to 616 - but I wouldn't think he's a Meta tier.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 01:02 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the trident would kill him (at least until he was replaced with his clone) so i def think arthur could take him. without would be far more difficult. they would appear to be close physically, but durability-wise morlun and his family don't ever seem to tire. i'd take morlun if arthur doesn't have his trident more often than not. if he could drain arthur (maybe scot has an idea...) he'd def take him, but i'm not sure he could. his dad DID drain and defeat cap universe spidey who was said to be the most powerful being in his universe. that just goes to show how powerful morlun and his family were intended to be viewed imo.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 01:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by leonidas
the trident would kill him (at least until he was replaced with his clone) so i def think arthur could take him. without would be far more difficult. they would appear to be close physically, but durability-wise morlun and his family don't ever seem to tire. i'd take morlun if arthur doesn't have his trident more often than not. if he could drain arthur (maybe scot has an idea...) he'd def take him, but i'm not sure he could. his dad DID drain and defeat cap universe spidey who was said to be the most powerful being in his universe. that just goes to show how powerful morlun and his family were intended to be viewed imo.

The only time the Inheritors can be severely damaged is when they are taken off guard. Examples being when Ezekiel broke his nose or a Feral Spider-Man killed him. But when they are 100% focused they can nearly never be damaged.

It's kind of like the way Gladiators powers work except it's about the Inheritors losing focus or not concentrating properly. If he's focusing on Arthur entirely then he probably won't be able to cause him severe injury.

The Gladiator analogy is not the best but it helps to put the point across. I mean you have him tanking multiple Vibranium tipped nukes to Ezekiel giving him a nosebleed if he isn't focused. Or taken by surprise (however you wish to put it.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Aug 24th, 2016 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 01:29 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Aquaman is too powerful.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 02:04 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The only time the Inheritors can be severely damaged is when they are taken off guard. Examples being when Ezekiel broke his nose or a Feral Spider-Man killed him. But when they are 100% focused they can nearly never be damaged.

It's kind of like the way Gladiators powers work except it's about the Inheritors losing focus or not concentrating properly. If he's focusing on Arthur entirely then he probably won't be able to cause him severe injury.

The Gladiator analogy is not the best but it helps to put the point across. I mean you have him tanking multiple Vibranium tipped nukes to Ezekiel giving him a nosebleed if he isn't focused. Or taken by surprise (however you wish to put it.

hmm, you have something that specifically says their powers are focused based, or are you just guessing based on what you've seen of them? i mean the other DID stab the father and kill him when he went spider form. if the father can be killed via stabbing, seems like the trident might be able to replicate the feat....maybe?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 02:49 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Morlun is so much more faster than Aquaman (and the guy use his speed consistently) that tagging him with the trident is questionable at best.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 02:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

He did make an Alt. Genis-Vell look like an ant in comparison. But obviously we don't know if he equates to 616 - but I wouldn't think he's a Meta tier.

I take those alt reality showings with the utmost grain of salt. It's more akin to shock value and name recognition than anything. Plus like u said it's not the REAL genis nor is it any indication of what his power level is. To date he's only fought metas.

Originally posted by carver9
Morlun is so much more faster than Aquaman (and the guy use his speed consistently) that tagging him with the trident is questionable at best.

Quit lowballing

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 03:25 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

What was lowballing about what I said?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 03:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, you have something that specifically says their powers are focused based, or are you just guessing based on what you've seen of them? i mean the other DID stab the father and kill him when he went spider form. if the father can be killed via stabbing, seems like the trident might be able to replicate the feat....maybe?

In a novel called Spider-Man: The Darkest Hours it is something Spider-Man thinks of. And Dex (a previous servant of Morlun's) gave Spider-Man some info on him. And Morlun always wanted privacy when he was feeding.

Something I will say. This novel in which this was mentioned wasn't published strictly by Marvel.

But multiple references are made to 616 events. And it has a Marvel logo on the back of it.

And if you read the blurb it also mentions Morlun being killed so it seems to correlate with 616.

And doing a brief Google search points to it all being 616 related if any more evidence is needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would give you scans of the book itself but I don't have my portable HDD with me at my Fathers house so I unfortunately can't show you directly, but I hope this helps enough.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Aug 24th, 2016 at 04:30 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 04:27 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I take those alt reality showings with the utmost grain of salt. It's more akin to shock value and name recognition than anything. Plus like u said it's not the REAL genis nor is it any indication of what his power level is. To date he's only fought metas.

Quit lowballing

To be fair it's not really an indication of what his power level isn't either. I think some notice should be taken of that showing for sure, but how much exactly I'm not sure.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 04:28 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
What was lowballing about what I said?

That he's faster, that he won't tag him.

To be fair it's not really an indication of what his power level isn't either. I think some notice should be taken of that showing for sure, but how much exactly I'm not sure.

Flip sides of a coin I suppose. I don't know. I've always felt that if editors/writers wanted to display someone from 616 as capable of stomping say Galactus. They'd show it...as opposed to having them go to earth 8675309 and destroying the captain universe version of Galactus from that dimension.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 04:57 PM
riv6672

[B]Morlun hasnt faced anyone above meta...

^^^This is why i was wondering.

Thanks all, for responding.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 07:30 PM
carver9

That he's faster, that he won't tag him.

Flip sides of a coin I suppose. I don't know. I've always felt that if editors/writers wanted to display someone from 616 as capable of stomping say Galactus. They'd show it...as opposed to having them go to earth 8675309 and destroying the captain universe version of Galactus from that dimension.

Thats not lowballing, thats stating an opinion. Anyways, Morlun would take his trident before any stabbing began to happen.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 07:41 PM
riv6672

I find that hard to believe.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 08:22 PM