KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman Vs Morlun

Aquaman Vs Morlun
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

ONLY once a month...? confused

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Morlun wins, for me.

He was fast enough to beat the crap out of Spidey, which rarely happens unless you're a symbiote who happens to negate the Spidey Sense.

He was strong enough to rip adamantium. And this was Wakanda trying their very best to stop him, so I highly doubt they'd use crappy beta adamantium to hold people.

He was durable enough to tank Wakanda's entire armoury thrown at him. Including nukes.

He loses due to radiation poisoning, rather than being out matched physically. Not to say that he can't be outmatched physically, but rather, it takes a lot to beat him down.

Not to mention, on top of his physicals, he can also drain his opponents. So Aquaman would be fighting a battle where he would be getting weaker, even as Morlun gets stronger.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 09:33 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cool. Is that your opinion on both scenarios?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 09:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

He was strong enough to rip adamantium. And this was Wakanda trying their very best to stop him, so I highly doubt they'd use crappy beta adamantium to hold people.

Adamantium beta is just as tough - if not tougher - as the real deal.

The crappy version is called 'secondary adamantium'.

And that feat from BP book is consistent with how Straczynski viewed the character.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 10:08 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
Cool. Is that your opinion on both scenarios?

Hmm, with the trident. Tricky, that. Yes, it pierced Darkseid - and Morlun is no Darkseid - but Aquaman needed Flash to give him the thrust needed to pierce him.

I just find it very difficult to see Aquaman outputting enough damage to hurt Morlun, is all. Just based on what I've seen him shrug off - and yes, that includes Spidey desperately trying to put him down.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 10:14 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Hmm, with the trident. Tricky, that. Yes, it pierced Darkseid - and Morlun is no Darkseid - but Aquaman needed Flash to give him the thrust needed to pierce him.

Was this the infamous eyeball scene? I dont recall Flash thrusting AM. I'm
Sure there have been other fights, though.
Anyway, thank you for answering the overall question. My follow up is just idle curiosity.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 10:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:10 AM
riv6672

I wouldnt call that thrust, personally. More of a fastball special, getting him whete needed to be.
Considering this was the inaugural JLA fight (and everyone was snarkily asking "what can you do") you'd think the writers/characters would have made a point of mentioning the tactic (Flash: "I can thrust you, Fish Guy!").

The above is just MO, though. Its a great catch on your part.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:16 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

At Flash level speed though. Pierced with a Trident at that speed would do much more damage in my opinion. If it was a matter of right place right time Flash could have just ran up to him and kept repeatedly poking Darkseid in the eyes at the speed of light.

Now I think of it that would be quite an amusing scene if it was in a comic.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 11:51 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^haha!
Flash: "IcandoTHIS!IcandoTHIS!IcandoTHIS!"

But yeah, that was not thrust.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 12:23 PM
krisblaze

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I just find it very difficult to see Aquaman outputting enough damage to hurt Morlun, is all. Just based on what I've seen him shrug off - and yes, that includes Spidey desperately trying to put him down.

Aquaman is like a hundred times stronger than Spidey though.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 01:00 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by krisblaze
Aquaman is like a hundred times stronger than Spidey though.

that's what i'm saying too...

and this is what happened to morlun's dad who was depicted as being considerably more powerful than morlun or any of his brothers or sisters:

http://imgur.com/a/8jqd8

with his trident i could see arthur doing something similar. maybe not as damaging, but enough that morlun would certainly be hurt. maybe? /shrug

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 01:19 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by leonidas
that's what i'm saying too...

and this is what happened to morlun's dad who was depicted as being considerably more powerful than morlun or any of his brothers or sisters:

http://imgur.com/a/8jqd8

with his trident i could see arthur doing something similar. maybe not as damaging, but enough that morlun would certainly be hurt. maybe? /shrug

That happened to his father, not Morlun and everyone was shocked when it happened. What we do know is that Morlun dad would completely annihilate Aquaman so there was more at play during that scene.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 03:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It's like me saying since Wolverine stabbed Thanos who had the IG bone clawed Saber tooth could beat him. We have no idea what was at play during that scene...especially since we've seen Morlun shrug off stab wounds like nothing.

Last edited by carver9 on Aug 25th, 2016 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 03:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

One could make a theory that Spider-Kaine was able to absorb the life force of Inheritors like The "All-New" Man-Spider (Parker) could.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 03:59 PM
carver9

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
One could make a theory that Spider-Kaine was able to absorb the life force of Inheritors like The "All-New" Man-Spider (Parker) could.

Yep...the Spider was powerful as hell. Solus mud stomped the most powerful being in the Universe with ease but thought this being was much more formidable. This isn't a low showing for Solus, it's a high showing for the bug. It's not a low showing for Hulk that Titanus punched him to sleep, it's a high showing for Titanus. Doesn't mean that Thing would get a majority because of it. It's not a low showing for Superman to get a whole punched through him by Zod heat vision, it's a high showing for Zod. Doesn't mean that Surfer blast could repeat the same process. Anyways, Aquaman gets slaughtered here, even with the trident.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:05 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by carver9
That happened to his father, not Morlun and everyone was shocked when it happened. What we do know is that Morlun dad would completely annihilate Aquaman so there was more at play during that scene.

actually we don't 'know' anything of the sort at all. we never saw any of morlun's family fight someone like AM. maybe his dad would have killed AM. his dad seemed to be able to drain energy much better than morlun could as seen when he drained cap universe. the other siblings were too afraid to even ENTER cap universe spidey's universe. so, if a more powerful morlun (his dad) could be stabbed and killed, no real reason to think a high cl100 with a magic trident couldn't do something similar to a less powerful morlun.

we've also seen ezekiel bloody morlun's nose with a punch:

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files...manmorlun35.jpg

http://www.marvel-world.com/content...l/ezekiel_2.jpg

if ezekiel can bloody him, tell me why arthur can't? first scan also shows morlun is fast, but not as fast as spiderman. and blitzing/stealing the trident in the blink of an eye is certainly not an option. and it's not like AM is slow either.

bottomline--this is far from a sure thing, especially with the trident. he has some inconsistencies around his character and even the full nature of his powers still.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:09 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

maybe, but the problem with that is the siblings killed kaine--easily--after their dad was killed.... but it's possible. we also know they DO die and can be killed. clones were sent out a few times in the spiderverse arc. /shrug

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:10 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

maybe, but the problem with that is the siblings killed kaine--easily--after their dad was killed.... but it's possible. we also know they DO die and can be killed. clones were sent out a few times in the spiderverse arc. /shrug

Yes, I remember. The whole scene was weird, but hey, it happened.

Morlun is not Solus, though. He can take stabs pretty damn well:

1. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BIEc7dcJ3...00/scan0017.jpg
2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...nwolverine2.jpg

---

1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...03406-Scree.png
2. https://arousinggrammardotcom.files...w=590&h=884

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:20 PM
carver9

actually we don't 'know' anything of the sort at all. we never saw any of morlun's family fight someone like AM. maybe his dad would have killed AM. his dad seemed to be able to drain energy much better than morlun could as seen when he drained cap universe. the other siblings were too afraid to even ENTER cap universe spidey's universe. so, if a more powerful morlun (his dad) could be stabbed and killed, no real reason to think a high cl100 with a magic trident couldn't do something similar to a less powerful morlun.

we've also seen ezekiel bloody morlun's nose with a punch:

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files...manmorlun35.jpg

http://www.marvel-world.com/content...l/ezekiel_2.jpg

if ezekiel can bloody him, tell me why arthur can't? first scan also shows morlun is fast, but not as fast as spiderman. and blitzing/stealing the trident in the blink of an eye is certainly not an option. and it's not like AM is slow either.

bottomline--this is far from a sure thing, especially with the trident. he has some inconsistencies around his character and even the full nature of his powers still.

Morlun became more powerful after his fight against E and Spiderman. Lol and he is faster than Spiderman. He has moved so fast Spiderman didn't even see him move.

Also, you pointing out E making him bleed, you probably want to look at Morlun and Spiderman first fight. Spiderman pounded on him, threw him from a skyscraper face first into the ground, hit him across the face with vehicles and his fist and it did nothing but wait, E making him bleed is what stood out to you.

no expression ... what the F Leo. Do I honestly need to point out Aquaman low showings. It's easy to find. Let me know.

Moral of story, given ALL of Morlun showings minus the supposed low showings you are reaching for, Morlun stomps. Now let me know if you want to continue with this low craziness you're doing. I'll start gathering my Aquaman showings.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 04:33 PM