KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beyonder Doom vs. God Doom

Beyonder Doom vs. God Doom
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Are we talking about Marvel Age/Adventures? Those are not canon to 616. Darwyn Cooke Said it was a seperate continuity years ago. However, that was then

thumb up still, i don't think i've ever seen that changed. far as i've ever seen all ages stories are not in continuity unless explicitly stated otherwise. i read a bit of this series which was stated to be in continuity (i didn't like it) but even after being stated as canon, there is still doubt:

http://www.cbr.com/sdcc-marvel-anno...tinuity-spidey/

opening the door to allow for one all ages book to be canon would seem to be opening the door to ALL all ages books, and clearly most are well outside of that. without some form of explicitly stated exception, can't see that sw story arc being considered canon--certainly not by forum standards, but i don't think by marvel standards either. /shrug

maybe galan or opr know more.

Last edited by leonidas on Aug 26th, 2016 at 01:44 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 01:42 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Some of that Marvel Adventures/all ages stuff was definitely not in continuity as there were clear differences to the mainstream titles. Other things like the events of Pet Avengers seemed to kind of fit into the gaps and were actually mentioned in the official handbooks alongside regular material, so it was a mixed bag. Being Marvel I doubt the editors were even keeping track of it all.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 02:32 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

fair enough i guess. but it would seem to me that the default assumption should be non-canon, unless otherwise explicitly stated. referenced in canon books or official handbooks could work i guess, just that as you know, handbooks can be...problematic at times. where 2 things happen though, and one is shown in 616 and the other in all ages, they can't BOTH be right obviously, and the 616 material clearly takes precedence.

allowing all ages to act as canon material (sometimes) really seems to open a can of worms imo....

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 02:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Yeah, fully agree. I always assume they are out of continuity (most were obviously so), with a few exceptions that didn't contradict and were referenced in canon material - which was extremely rare.

As for the fight, it comes down to what others have said about the whole pre/post-retcon business. Beyonder Doom's mastery of time could tip it in his favor.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 03:08 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Mr Master
Non-Stop bull in the house.

So no evidence of any kind relating to the Spiderman/SW mini.

No proof of any kind from Marvel comics.

Beyond that:

thumb up

So take your wannabe 'reference' and shove it. Phuk I care what some ghost text on the net states.

Stop crying. That's the writer of that series calling All Ages line out of continuity.

quote:

... not Marvel comics, or official Marvel sources? .. phuck off.

laughing .. yah, some ambiguous unofficial text by who knows who.

So, still shitting in your pants and diving in, every chance you get.

Anywho, the Spiderman and Secret Wars mini is 100% canon to the original Secret Wars

which took place and is canon to 616.

When you have that official Marvel source saying otherwise, return.

Is that so? Provide me a source which shows this comic is canon to 616 universe.

quote:

but, I know you'll come back with more gobbledygook.

That's who/what you are and we all know it.

Yeah, you've lost it. Go home.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 05:38 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Are we talking about Marvel Age/Adventures? Those are not canon to 616. Darwyn Cooke Said it was a seperate continuity years ago. However, that was then
They're discussing a 4-issue mini released in 2010 called: Spider-Man and the Secret Wars. It was written as sort of a tie-in to the original Secret Wars. Anyway, the implication to me is that it was intended to be canon.

Aside from what has been mentioned, here is the opening page of issue #3:
(please log in to view the image)

Those scenes were pulled directly from SW #5:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And here is the opening page of issue #4:

A scene pulled directly from SW #10:

Doesn't seem like the writers would have used specific scenes from SW itself, if the mini wasn't intended to canonically tie-into it. I understand where abhi is coming from, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, it was homaging the original comic. But it's definitely out of continuity.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

It's canon.

Good fight, Doom wins.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:30 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mindset
It's canon.

Good fight, Doom wins.
Glad you think so...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Galan007
They're discussing a 4-issue mini released in 2010 called: Spider-Man and the Secret Wars. It was written as sort of a tie-in to the original Secret Wars. Anyway, the implication to me is that it was intended to be canon.

Those scenes were pulled directly from SW #5:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

And here is the opening page of issue #4:

A scene pulled directly from SW #10:

Doesn't seem like the writers would have used specific scenes from SW itself, if the mini wasn't intended to canonically tie-into it. I understand where abhi is coming from, though.

i get there are definite overlaps, but minor differences are still....differences. i mean how many times has the watcher in what ifs talked about how some universes are extremely like our own, with only the most minor of changes, while others are vastly different? also, i was under the impression these all ages stories took place like...years before the 616 stories? confused

not sure if all the 'all ages' stuff is meant to take place in the same universe though. i thought it was.

anyway, i guess it's ambiguous at the very least. still can't imagine any feats pulled from the series being considered canon in the forum. /shrug

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:44 PM
Mindset

Glad you think so...

He was momentarily affected by Beyonder's stupidity when he had his powers.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:52 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

anyway, that should pretty much obliterate any claims that the series was canon. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
i get there are definite overlaps, but minor differences are still....differences. i mean how many times has the watcher in what ifs talked about how some universes are extremely like our own, with only the most minor of changes, while others are vastly different? also, i was under the impression these all ages stories took place like...years before the 616 stories? confused

not sure if all the 'all ages' stuff is meant to take place in the same universe though. i thought it was.

anyway, i guess it's ambiguous at the very least. still can't imagine any feats pulled from the series being considered canon in the forum. /shrug
Yeah. I mean, my take has always been that this specific mini is canon(just seemed like that was the intent.)

However, I also understand why some believe it is not.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:53 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

fair enough. i've checked it out and looked around and can't find a definitive answer anywhere, so yeah. i guess it's open to interpretation as relates to that specific series. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:56 PM
-K-M-

Yeah I don't believe that's canon. Other books in that line paid homages to existing stories and I have yet to see anything where it states it's canon

Even the current all ages series is based on the cartoon universe
http://marvel.com/news/comics/23160...all-ages_comics

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 26th, 2016 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 07:00 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I don't think anyone in their right mind(set) actually believes that Doom is smarter than Reed.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 07:55 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Are we talking about Marvel Age/Adventures?

Those are not canon to 616.

Darwyn Cooke Said it was a seperate continuity years ago. However, that was then

thumb up ... and they still are non-canon.

The "Spiderman & Secret Wars" mini has nothing to do with Marvel Age, or Marvel Adventures. smile

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 11:37 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

thumb up ... phuckin common sense at last.

... and then there's the verbatim recall of Spideman finding the Black Suit in the Spidey/SW mini,
it was illustrated/dialogued identically as in the original series. I posted it on page 1.

That, as we both know, manifested the limited run titled: "Web of Spiderman."

That incident happened only in the original SW.

So just with that detail brother G, the truth with proof is sound.

Originally posted by leonidas

i mean how many times has the watcher in what ifs

talked about how some universes are extremely like our own

How many times did the Watcher, or anyone for that matter
pop up in the Spidey mini to highlight how we were indulging an alternate reality story?

(silence) .. and, exactly old friend.

Marvel readers are always given an indication they are dealing with an alternate universe.

Last edited by Mr Master on Aug 26th, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 11:44 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

It's the age of twitter can someone just ask Paul Tobin?

https://twitter.com/PaulTobin

Sorry guys, but I have yet to see any evidence to suggest it is canon. The All-Ages books played homages to other 616 stories and books, but hey I'm open if it is canon.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 12:21 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

It's the age of twitter can someone just ask Paul Tobin?

Mods declared that twitter/interviews and such are not permissible.

Sorry guys, but I have yet to see any evidence to suggest it is canon.

I'm sorry too brah, but I have yet to see any evidence to suggest it is not canon.

The All-Ages books played homages to other 616 stories and books, but hey I'm open if it is canon.

What other books are you referring to?

I'd like to see identical illustrations and dialogue referencing the original 616 template, like in the Spidey mini.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 12:39 AM