KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » He-Man vs Thor.

He-Man vs Thor.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i just can't really take this feat very seriously i'm afraid:

(please log in to view the image)

i mean, come on! lol if anything it's more a feat of that little jet thing! and obviously it isn't really all THAT big....

i dunno man, it's just too silly for me to take without a large chunk of salt. he has other huge feats that i place more stalk in than that one. moving a mountain and throwing greyskull are way out there too and for some reason a little easier to digest imo. it is possible he's stronger than thor, but i think strength differences would be minor. thor is just too versatile imo.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 02:48 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

@Leo. In more recent Cartoons, He-Man was able to easily lift huge objects as well. His sheer athleticism, and his sword of power would allow for him to create opportunities to close the gap. I can't completely buy the versatility train of thought, because time is always an issue when arguing characters of this speed range. As a character, Thor doesn't automatically whip out his entire light show. It could be because he doesn't think extremely fast on his feet, or the other character is a moving target, or a combination of both. Slower people than He-Man have tagged him. Thor has an enchanted hammer, He-Man has an enchanted sword. I'm not saying that He-Man would win, but I'm saying that he could win.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 04:20 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...that isn't a bump.
It's not a hump either........Lol.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 05:31 AM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm not saying that He-Man would win, but I'm saying that he could win.

ah, ok. yeah, i can get behind that. i would disagree with digi when he said thor wins 10/10 as well. i'd say adam could take a couple for sure. thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 01:51 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I did say closer to a split if he fights dumb. I understand Adam could get some wins. It's just Thor's fight to lose.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 03:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 03:46 PM
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lawest9
It's not a hump either........Lol.

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 05:05 PM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Originally posted by leonidas
i just can't really take this feat very seriously i'm afraid:

(please log in to view the image)

i mean, come on! lol if anything it's more a feat of that little jet thing! and obviously it isn't really all THAT big....

i dunno man, it's just too silly for me to take without a large chunk of salt. he has other huge feats that i place more stalk in than that one. moving a mountain and throwing greyskull are way out there too and for some reason a little easier to digest imo. it is possible he's stronger than thor, but i think strength differences would be minor. thor is just too versatile imo.

The 80s finds your lack of faith disturbing.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 05:33 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

then the 80s and i are on even ground. lol

Old Post Aug 26th, 2016 06:04 PM
lawest9

🎃🎃🎃🎃😄🎃😄😄🎃😄😄

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 03:12 AM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Why is He man stronger? Thor has moved midgard serpent and world engine and ygfdrasil. He has broken planetoids as a side effect of him hitting gor. His feats are far beyond Adams. Yall are just a buncha Thor haters. Thor wins.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 12:36 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thor haters? lol

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 01:43 PM
CosmicComet

-The Midgard Serpent feat is pretty much debunked entirely in my opinion. It's not a straightforward strength feat as normally presented.

It's not like Thor pulled off a planet sized serpent, the serpent was literally no bigger than a tree relative to Thor in the whole scene. What with the serpent being baited with a cow no bigger than its own head...and tied to a tree later. :/

-The World Engine feat is unquantifiable.

-His collateral damage against Gorr was a great feat, but its a power feat for Mjolnir. No way his fists would have done that kind of damage.

If Thor has other feats that's fine. But He-Man pushing a moon at the speed he did is elite.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 01:54 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Why is He man stronger? Thor has moved midgard serpent and world engine and ygfdrasil. He has broken planetoids as a side effect of him hitting gor. His feats are far beyond Adams. Yall are just a buncha Thor haters. Thor wins.

It has to do with how Adam's strength works. It's somewhat like Hulk in that it's variable. But instead of being from anger, it's an external source. He draws his power from Castle Greyskull, which is a multiversal nexus and possesses feats both direct and implied that justify that description. He-Man's power that he draws from the Castle scales based upon need.

Is it a plot device? Hell yes. A lazy one, at that. The 80's didn't try too hard. But it was a convenient excuse to have him push a moon one episode, and struggle against Beast Man in the next.

So the feat comparison puts them in the same general area, yes. But the short answer is that HM is always going to be stronger than anyone short of abstract or others employing similar means that threaten the no-limits fallacy (see: Hulk's upper limits, etc.).

Originally posted by leonidas
thor haters? lol

I smiled too. He's like my #1 go-to character in tourneys at that level. I think I've used him in BZs or tourneys at least twice, and maybe three times.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by CosmicComet
-The Midgard Serpent feat is pretty much debunked entirely in my opinion. It's not a straightforward strength feat as normally presented.

It's not like Thor pulled off a planet sized serpent, the serpent was literally no bigger than a tree relative to Thor in the whole scene. What with the serpent being baited with a cow no bigger than its own head...and tied to a tree later. :/

-The World Engine feat is unquantifiable.

-His collateral damage against Gorr was a great feat, but its a power feat for Mjolnir. No way his fists would have done that kind of damage.

If Thor has other feats that's fine. But He-Man pushing a moon at the speed he did is elite.

Midgard Serpent feat is still impressive in any way u want to view it.
WE feat though unquantifiable is bananas when you consider the implications.
Obviously Mjolnir contributed to the planets shattering. But consider this. Who is providing that torque?

You are down playing Thor feats, but touting the moon feat though impressive, is so out there itself. I mean come on. Look at leo's scan.
erm

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:07 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

He-Man, wins due to his using less hair care products than the Blonde whore, Thor!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:12 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Brooklyn is overrated

And the Nets suck

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:13 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Brooklyn is overrated

And the Nets suck

Why do you choose to die?!!!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 02:23 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Midgard Serpent feat is still impressive in any way u want to view it.

If Spiderman flipped a tree sized snake, I'd be impressed, I guess.

quote:

WE feat though unquantifiable is bananas when you consider the implications.

The implications, sure, but its not like he was dragging the 9 worlds.

He was pushing back against machinery.

quote:

Obviously Mjolnir contributed to the planets shattering. But consider this. Who is providing that torque?

Too bad Mjolnir is it's own power source and is not just a super durable hammer that's being swung by Thor.

If Thor dropped Mjolnir and just locked his fists together and started throwing Captain Kirk hammerfists at Gorr, the torque would still be there, but would it cause anywhere close to that collateral damage?

Highly unlikely. Seeing as it was supposed to be impressive when Gorr was tossing some small chunks of a moon at them in the same fight. That's a physical feat, and nowhere near as impressive as Mjolnir's collateral damage.

Sorry, but Mjolnir absolute muddies the waters for the feat.

quote:

You are down playing Thor feats, but touting the moon feat though impressive, is so out there itself. I mean come on. Look at leo's scan.
erm

*Screenshot, not scan.

And what about it? What did Leo show or do that was supposed to be negate the feat?

The art is bad, but we see He-Man push two of Eternia's moons back in place in that episode, and they are both more than large enough to significantly affect the tides of the whole planet.

We also see the moons behind the planet from a low-space/upper atmosphere view near the end of the episode and, well, they are moon sized as would be expected.

20:26.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mjbXAc5wEo

He-Man pushed two moon sized moons at high-hypersonic to low relativistic speeds. It didn't take him a lot of effort either.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Aug 27th, 2016 at 03:18 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 03:15 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bobbybatman
Restricted

Account Restricted

by the power of gray skull
*lightning and thunderstorm outta nowhere *
I
HAVE
THE
PAAAWAAAAAARRRRRRR

LOL = healthy life

Old Post Aug 27th, 2016 05:27 PM
bobbybatman is currently offline Click here to Send bobbybatman a Private Message Find more posts by bobbybatman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote