KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Jason Todd vs. Batwoman

Jason Todd vs. Batwoman
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermutant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
And he didn't own Midnighter.

lol whatever you wish to call an one arm strike with a baby in other hand that sends Midnighter quickly to the ground

(please log in to view the image)

Dick also performed well in the actual fight especially considering that Midnighter ambushed him from the back in the beginning, and prepped for the encounter. Grayson 6

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

quote:
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. But Jason did have the edge, even if it was off panel. Still impressive, since it was Batman.

But we don't know if its impressive b/c we don't know if Batman just tripped on his cape and fell and Jason finding him like that pull out a gun. But seriously we don't know if Bruce was holding back trying to reach Jason like he has done before or what the circumstances were.

What we do know is that Bruce and Dick had a fight so intense that a motorcycle was 1-shotted, and Bruce gave up before Dick. So Dick's New 52 fight with Bruce is much more impressive than Jason's off panel advantage.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 04:49 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Supermutant
lol whatever you wish to call an one arm strike with a baby in other hand that sends Midnighter quickly to the ground

Dick also performed well in the actual fight especially considering that Midnighter ambushed him from the back in the beginning, and prepped for the encounter. Grayson 6

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

But we don't know if its impressive b/c we don't know if Batman just tripped on his cape and fell and Jason finding him like that pull out a gun. But seriously we don't know if Bruce was holding back trying to reach Jason like he has done before or what the circumstances were.

What we do know is that Bruce and Dick had a fight so intense that a motorcycle was 1-shotted, and Bruce gave up before Dick. So Dick's New 52 fight with Bruce is much more impressive than Jason's off panel advantage.

Why would you post that scan? Midnighter didn't want to kill Grayson and he NEVER defeated him in HTH. Never.

Grayson also had Spyral tech enhancements that messed with Midnighter's senses. He would have went down, if it weren't for that, and Grayson admitted as much.

Tripped on his cape? LMAO. Come on, SM.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 04:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

BTW, Grayson owning Grifter isn't all that impressive, considering that he has no HTH skills to speak of and he didn't use the fullest of his TP/TK abilities.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 04:59 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This has been really informative; Love the scans.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 05:14 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Dick also got owned cassandra cain, Jason didn't.

It sure looks like Jason got owned by her until his upgraded gear gave him a brief edge. Also she wasn't even trying to fight him but protect him.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Now compare that to Dick's short scuffle with her in which he doesn't have his normal Nightwing gear.

So Jason with upgraded armor did marginally better against a holding back Cassandra Cain than Dick w/out Nightwing armor and gear. To suggest this combined with an off panel advantage over Batman puts the Red Hood above Nightwing is inaccurate.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 05:24 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Jason did do better. True, he had armor, but cass didn't pin him down so easily as she did Grayson.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 05:29 AM
Supermutant

When did Night wing get the upper hand against bronze tiger? Jason fought the weretiger. Who had enhanced durability and stats.

Grayson #18, Dick handily controlled the fight against Bronze Tiger. No it wasn't weretiger but it was still New 52 BT and still impressive. When has BT not been able to even get one strike in a fight? His only offense was one hold that Dick quickly countered and flipped him.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

BTW, slipping away from supergirl>>> slipping away from Batman.

I wasn't even going for Dick really impressive stealth feats. I was just showing how using stealth to move unnoticed isn't something that only Jason can do. Dick being doing that even from a teenager, most of the former bat sidekicks have impressive feats of stealth. Again I failed to see how that put Jason above Dick, when pre-52 Dick slipped away from Superman.

BTW, slipping away from Superman >>> slipping away from Supergirl.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Jason, Tim, and Babs were unable to detect Dick at their meeting in the batcave.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 01:11 PM
Senor Cage

That wasn't weretiger Bronze. Jason got brushed aside by that version.

And isn't that Pre-Flashpoint Grayson? Are those feats still usable?

I still think Red hood>Grayson, at least in the DCnU.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 07:32 PM
riv6672

Pretty sure Pre 52 fears no longer apply...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 12:06 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Why would you post that scan? Midnighter didn't want to kill Grayson and he NEVER defeated him in HTH. Never.

Grayson also had Spyral tech enhancements that messed with Midnighter's senses. He would have went down, if it weren't for that, and Grayson admitted as much.

Tripped on his cape? LMAO. Come on, SM.

I never said Grayson defeated him. I said Grayson owned him knocking him to the ground w/baby in other hand, and performed well against Mids in the actual fight. I also never said that Mid was trying to kill Grayson.

So its alright for Red Hood to use alien tech and All Caste gear, but Dick using Spyral tech too his advantage is a negative?

By the way when Bruce got serious on Jason (in their only full on panel fight) he put him down long enough for a forum victory. Then he clearly allowed Jason three free shots and Jason still couldn't put him down.

So I think NW is still a lil above Jason.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 04:19 AM
Supermutant

And isn't that Pre-Flashpoint Grayson? Are those feats still usable?

Only Dick sneaking away from Superman is Pre-Flashpoint.

Who knows, but I'm not going to forget/erase what Dick has done to make Jason look better.

Plus Battle for the Cowl is canon for the whole Bat Family considering Green Lantern and Bat Family's timeline was barely affected by the New-52 reboot, in fact, during Nightwing #1, Grayson claims he spent 1 year filling the spot for Bruce as Batman when he was away, and the Battle for the Cowl is the story which goes prior to Dick becoming Batman, so it needed to happen for Dick to become Batman, meaning it should be canon or unaffected...

This link about DC's canon history is interesting as well.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/01/dc-...fficially-canon

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 04:39 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by riv6672
Pretty sure Pre 52 fears no longer apply...
why not? Everything is canon again after Convergence.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 04:53 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I never said Grayson defeated him. I said Grayson owned him knocking him to the ground w/baby in other hand, and performed well against Mids in the actual fight. I also never said that Mid was trying to kill Grayson.

So its alright for Red Hood to use alien tech and All Caste gear, but Dick using Spyral tech too his advantage is a negative?

By the way when Bruce got serious on Jason (in their only full on panel fight) he put him down long enough for a forum victory. Then he clearly allowed Jason three free shots and Jason still couldn't put him down.

So I think NW is still a lil above Jason.

That's not a good feat to post, especially since Midnighter didn't want to kill him. They've actually became good friends. smile

My point still stands, though. Midnighter IS above the likes of Grayson and even Batman. His feats in the DCnU have been highly impressive.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:02 AM
Senor Cage

Only Dick sneaking away from Superman is Pre-Flashpoint.

Who knows, but I'm not going to forget/erase what Dick has done to make Jason look better.

Plus Battle for the Cowl is canon for the whole Bat Family considering Green Lantern and Bat Family's timeline was barely affected by the New-52 reboot, in fact, during Nightwing #1, Grayson claims he spent 1 year filling the spot for Bruce as Batman when he was away, and the Battle for the Cowl is the story which goes prior to Dick becoming Batman, so it needed to happen for Dick to become Batman, meaning it should be canon or unaffected...

This link about DC's canon history is interesting as well.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/01/dc-...fficially-canon

The whole Batfamily continuity has been murky. The Batman we see isn't Pre-Flashpoint Batman, it's another, alternate Batman.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:03 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by marwash22
why not? Everything is canon again after Convergence.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman is back. DCnU Batman is acting like he's never heard of him.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:04 AM
Supermutant

That's not a good feat to post, especially since Midnighter didn't want to kill him. They've actually became good friends. smile

It's an excellent feat to post b/c Dick impressed Midnighter with his skills. They weren't good friends initially.

quote:
My point still stands, though. Midnighter IS above the likes of Grayson and even Batman. His feats in the DCnU have been highly impressive.

That point has never been in contention by me. Jason > Dick is very much in contention.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:15 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman is back. DCnU Batman is acting like he's never heard of him.
Dr. Manhattan erased 10 years of history.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:29 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's an excellent feat to post b/c Dick impressed Midnighter with his skills. They weren't good friends initially.

[B]

That point has never been in contention by me. Jason > Dick is very much in contention.

He was surprised that he got sucker shot, not because of his skill. We've seen what happens when Grayson fights Midnighter and it's not pretty. And this is with Spyral tech.

I still see it as Jason>Grayson, but I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:57 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by marwash22
Dr. Manhattan erased 10 years of history.

I don't think it was confirmed to be Manhattan, has it?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 05:58 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Jason sucks.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 06:54 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote