KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » sex scene in matrix reloaded

sex scene in matrix reloaded
Started by: alaba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Passion. I see what you mean.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 09:04 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Actually now I have had time to think about it...I have changed my mind. I don't like it at all.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 10:54 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jarrowwx

Theory

Here's my theory...

First...the sex scene served one purpose: To build up the idea that Neo REALLY loves Trinity... They are CLOSE. That is to set up for the final decision that Neo is faced with. It is WHY the choice has already been made, he just needs to understand it...

And the rest of the party scene, well, I think that was to convey a message, too. I just think it went over most people's heads. You have to realize more in order to understand it. You have to see it in light of the end to understand this part...

Here are all the people in Zion, complacently basking in hedonism. It's no "zion" at all. That is YET ANOTHER hint that the city of Zion isn't what it is made out to be. But to understand that, you would have to know a thing or two about the 'mythological' zion. So if this "zion" is nothing like the mythical "zion" then perhaps this "real world" is not really the real world...

But that is a topic for another thread dedicated to the subject. smile

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 02:22 AM
jarrowwx is currently offline Click here to Send jarrowwx a Private Message Find more posts by jarrowwx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I maintain my disgust at having a scene like that just to demonstrate their alleged love for each other. Just because two people do the deed does not mean they truly are in love. It is a more physical thing these days I am afraid. So I must disagree.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 02:33 AM
omgiluvdamatrix
Matrix Master

I think the fact that it only showed their faces, makes it beautiful, not disgusting.
Yeah, it did go on for a bit too long, but it still needed to be there.

Enter my matrix, it's outta this world.............

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 04:18 AM
omgiluvdamatrix is currently offline Click here to Send omgiluvdamatrix a Private Message Find more posts by omgiluvdamatrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

This is getting absurd. Does the scene show anything more than their faces or not? Either way it does not matter as I am not interested in seeing the movies one bit. To each his(or her) own.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Jun 4th, 2003 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 04:22 AM
alaba
THE ONE

i agree gord...it doesnt take sex to prove love now is it? these days it's all about the physical...so what the brothers are saying is having sex with a whore automatically means you're in love with her?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 08:30 AM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

h ha ha........

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 09:30 AM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by GordonSkywalker
This is getting absurd. Does the scene show anything more than their faces or not? Either way it does not matter as I am not interested in seeing the movies one bit. To each his(or her) own.

so why are you posting comments on every post in this thread, if you do not care about the topic?

Anyways, it has to be said that the orgasm-cake was the best part of the film. fabulous!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 10:19 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Now that is disgusting.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 01:45 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by alaba
i agree gord...it doesnt take sex to prove love...
That is what I have been trying to say here! People sure are perverted to get a thrill out of watching something like that. Sickening.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 01:50 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

why is it sickening?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 01:58 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Think about what you just said in an earlier post and I am sure it will come to you mah.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 02:01 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

no. sex is a natural thing, I fail to see the sickening part of it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 02:03 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

There is far more to a relationship and loving some one than doing the deed. I am so sorry you do not understand this simple fact. Movies like these twist us into thinking sex is the most important aspect in a relationship. That is an incorrect assumption.

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Jun 4th, 2003 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 06:05 PM
IJWTL

But the sex scene is not the only relationship scene concerning them. The movie also shows Neo getting upset when he dreams of Trinity's death. It shows him choosing to save Trinity, rather than Zion. And there are other references about their relationship. The scene is also shown with the rave scene. Neo and Trinity are alone, not part of the crowd. Sending a message of monogamy and commitment, as opposed to what is going on a the party.

Then, there is also the who savior, messiah, god, "One" theme. Their union under an arch is a traditional sign of divinity. From corporatemofo.com/stories/051803matrix.htm - add a www to the front:

>Neo and Trinity are shown making love beneath an arch. In religious
>iconography, being shown beneath an arch is a traditional sign of
>divinity. Masaccio's fresco at the right, for instance, shows the Holy
>Trinity beneath an arch.

>Neo and Trinity's kissy-face is cut in with the public-lewdness-in-a-
>cave of the decieved Zionites. The real meaning of the overlong rave
>scene is to contrast sacred and profane love.

The reason these movies are so good is that the work on so many levels action, romance, religion, philosophy, etc.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:53 PM
IJWTL is currently offline Click here to Send IJWTL a Private Message Find more posts by IJWTL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

the programed cake was about orgasm? i thought it meant she farted...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 07:55 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Doesn't matter guys, even if there was just the two of them it still doesn't make it right. Two people should be able to love ach other without the physical taking over the entire relationship.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 08:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But to try and REMOVE the physical from the importance of a relationship is as flawed as thinking it is the only important thing.

The scene was perfectly valid in its own right.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 08:06 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

I liked that scene. In fact that one and the multiple Smith were the only two I liked. The dance was cool... The only thing that was disgusting was that black dots on Neo's and Trinity's bodies... *sigh*

And IMO you have to have sex with somebody before you say you're in love... cool IMO, always.
But again, what do I know, I'm only 16 years old... roll eyes (sarcastic)

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2003 08:13 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote