KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Mummy (2017)

The Mummy (2017)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

The Mummy starring Tom Cruise (2017)

quote:
Thought safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen whose destiny was unjustly taken from her is awakened in the present day. She brings with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.

Tom Cruise as Tyler Colt
Annabelle Wallis as Jenny Halsey
Sofia Boutella as The Mummy
Jake Johnson
Courtney B. Vance as Colonel Gideon Forster
Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll
Javier Botet as Set
Selva Rasalingam as King Menehptre
Dylan Smith as Lorenzo Montanari
Rez Kempton as Foreman

So with Universal doing all their monster movies here we have the rebooted mummy series, seems to be quite different as far the villain goes or is it villainess? Far as I know Imhotep has always been the villain of the mummy franchises. I did enjoy the 1999 film, the sequels fell a little short for me though with the third being truly awful. Far as Tom Cruise being the lead role for this seems kinda bizarre...just doesn't seem like his kind of film.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 09:11 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't even remember the last time I ENJOYED a movie Tom Cruise was the main star of.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 10:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

You didn't like Edge of Tomorrow aka Live Die Repeat? That movie was dope.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 10:41 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

that last MI movie was petty good. As was the Jack Racher movie.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 10:43 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Yeah, Cruise is solid.
Looking forwRd to this.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 11:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Cruise would be in the Mount Rushmore of action stars. He's been solid for his entire career.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 12:01 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Is no one else going to mention Dr. Jekyll being part of the movie? Thats a pretty huge side character to randomly throw in.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 12:12 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

yeah his last few outings been very solid - even Oblivion was somewhat enjoyable. I know its cool to NOT like cruise but lets be real lol

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 01:13 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Is no one else going to mention Dr. Jekyll being part of the movie? Thats a pretty huge side character to randomly throw in.

Yeah my 1st thought was they just spoiled/gave away the end battle.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 01:43 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The first film was fun. I don't see how Tom Cruise can improve upon it.

This will probably be a must not support.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 02:30 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like tom cruise doesn't have the kind of adventurous charisma that fits something like Mummy. Say what you want about Brenden Frasier but he in his prime had it. I may be biased but I'd probably throw in Nathan Fillion or Bradley Cooper or someone with that kinda spirit. Tom Cruise got cast because he's a reliable mega star brand name...

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 03:10 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The first film was fun. I don't see how Tom Cruise can improve upon it.

This will probably be a must not support.

Eh, I don't foresee this in any way playing upon the Brendan Fraser run, which of course was a comedic/action offshoot of the original horror film back in the day and had already been remade when Fraser and co got to it. I feel like you're just being silly.

Anyway, I'm guessing this will be more on the darker/horror side and quite a bit more intense. It's possible that Crowe is in something as a humorous Jekyll, but I doubt that. Cruise is without a doubt a solid actor whatever his eccentricities and then some may be off set, and between him, Crowe, Vance, and others this at least has the foundation to be a good flick in theory.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 04:19 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I won't be seeing this.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 09:40 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

*Tyler Colt* Macho phonemes in a 1-2 syllable appellation. How unique.

"Colt! Where's Colt? Colt will save us!" Yeah!

Sounds like a Cruise movie. I may see it. There have been quite a few TC movies I've enjoyed. But, Les Grossman ftw.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 10:38 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion this is related in any way to the Brendan Fraser franchise?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 01:05 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Arachnid1

I noticed.
Spin off movie, maybe.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 01:39 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion this is related in any way to the Brendan Fraser franchise?

That's the internet for ya

Ignore the info & judge everything from the title.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 01:53 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Firefly218
I feel like tom cruise doesn't have the kind of adventurous charisma that fits something like Mummy. Say what you want about Brenden Frasier but he in his prime had it. I may be biased but I'd probably throw in Nathan Fillion or Bradley Cooper or someone with that kinda spirit. Tom Cruise got cast because he's a reliable mega star brand name...

And because he is one of the greatest action stars of all time. thumb up

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Because people are dumb asses.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 01:59 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Firefly218

Yeah, if they are going for the same fun/comedic adventure style that the Brenden Frasier version had then Tom Cruise is a terrible choice, but not necessarily if they are going for a darker, more horror feel, like Ascendancy said.

I think Tom Cruise is talented in a way, but I've come to not enjoy his acting much because really all you see is Tom Cruise. I don't see much of his character. I just see Tom Cruise. Maybe it's a range thing. He's good at emoting and being intense, but maybe it's just his ego that is too big. He just always kind of feels the same.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 03:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

This is the casting for the future universal horror universe (obviously Dracula we've already had a movie for), some interesting choices

Luke Evans as Vlad "The Impaler" III Țepeș / Dracula
Sofia Boutella as The Mummy
Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll / Mr. Edward Hyde
Johnny Depp as Dr. Jack Griffin / The Invisible Man
Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's monster
Angelina Jolie as the Bride of Frankenstein

No ones been cast for the role of the wolf man yet it seems unless someone has heard different, I have heard Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson might be a choice which is...weird.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Last edited by steverules_2 on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2016 03:44 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote