KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Mummy (2017)

The Mummy (2017)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Stuckmann can be a bit of a snob, for sure, so I take what he says with a grain of salt. It could still be a fun movie.

But the RT score is currently at 24%, so he's clearly not alone.. heh

well will you tell that to people overseas... Deadline is reporting this might take it $130 million overseas this weekend..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 06:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

For me the film itself is about a 6/10

hope there's much more better films in the pipeline for this new universe.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 08:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

She doesn't exactly give it an overwhelming recommendation...

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 04:17 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this isn't a bad film.. felt that Russell Crowe is the best thing about it..

She doesn't exactly give it an overwhelming recommendation...

do you not know how to form your own opinion?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 10:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this isn't a bad film.. felt that Russell Crowe is the best thing about it..

do you not know how to form your own opinion?

Dude, I haven't seen it. I'm just looking around at reviews and posting them. Obviously I will form my own opinion when I see the film.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2017 10:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Dude, I haven't seen it. I'm just looking around at reviews and posting them. Obviously I will form my own opinion when I see the film.

well lets hope so big grin big grin big grin big grin

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 04:40 AM
riv6672

^^^Yeah, it seemed a pertinent question.
Reviews are interesting, but in the end, no one can watch a movie FOR you.

Anyhow, i liked it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 10:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I look forward to watching the RedLetterMedia review...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 02:11 PM
riv6672

I look forward to your review of their review. yes

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 04:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Saw this today. It was ok , wasn't the worst or best blockbuster I've seen. 7/10 for me. It seems ppl just hate big movies now for the sake of hating or maybe ppl are spoiled as a couple of big movies tend to come out each month now.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 08:35 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Every year there is just that movie for whatever reason winds up on the Must Hate list.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 09:12 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Saw this today. It was ok , wasn't the worst or best blockbuster I've seen. 7/10 for me. It seems ppl just hate big movies now for the sake of hating or maybe ppl are spoiled as a couple of big movies tend to come out each month now.

what did you think of Russell Crowe?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:32 AM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what did you think of Russell Crowe?
I thought he was great, played his part very well. Was believeable as both Jekyll and Hide.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 05:34 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Pretty good, my only real complaint is that this was clearly a set up movie for the Dark Universe, and wasn't really meant to stand on its own as a film. I'm still excited to see what they do with the Universal monsters moving forward, particularly Dracula and the Wolfman.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 01:05 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Lol....with the RT ratings

critics hated it but you look at the AUDIENCE SCORE it has a rating of 3/5.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 01:46 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Kazenji
Lol....with the RT ratings

critics hated it but you look at the AUDIENCE SCORE it has a rating of 3/5.

Audience ratings are often much higher than critical consensus. But 45% or an average of 3/5 is not particularly good either for audiences.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 03:03 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Insane Titan
I thought he was great, played his part very well. Was believeable as both Jekyll and Hide.

i agree.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 10:04 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Audience ratings are often much higher than critical consensus. But 45% or an average of 3/5 is not particularly good either for audiences.

3/5 is still a okay score

doesn't automatically make it a shit film.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:13 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so what does that say for the overseas market???

Old Post Jun 13th, 2017 02:30 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Just got back from it and while its nowhere near as bad as a 17%, it is very bland.
Ahmanet doesn't have the same presence as Imhotep, it isn't as fun or adventurous as the Brendan Frasier movies, and there isn't anywhere near that sense of adventure or the Indiana Jones-esque moments of the Frasier films. The entire film is basically just Ahmanet trying to get the dagger coz reasons, and it just seemed to drag on

5/10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 17th, 2017 12:56 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote