KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Demensions: Yugi vs Kaiba (new movie)

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Demensions: Yugi vs Kaiba (new movie)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

Yeah, maybe. I just know that in the actual card game, there were no stips. You draw all pieces of Exodia, you win the duel. The show may have altered Exodia's insta-win ability vs. the God cards, though -- I honestly don't remember.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 10th, 2016 at 03:49 AM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 03:46 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

We never see an Exodia deck go up against a God card deck(afaik) but it is repeatedly stated that the God cards>Exodia in the show and in terms of lore that does seem to be the case since they did better against Zorc(though Exodia was being powered by a very old man). They're also at least arguably more practical since getting an Exodia hand is more complicated than getting 3 tributes for a god.

But in practice, in the card game, Exodia should win. None of the God cards mess with the opponents hand and in the final duel Yugi defeated them with a combination of a few traps/spells and the Magnet Warriors. But a series where a bunch of dudes use cards to **** around with their deck to get 5 specific cards wouldn't be as fun to watch as them summoning super monsters like they're Moses splitting the Red Sea.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 11:21 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Remember that scene in the final arc were Exodia was used against Zorc? The only reason Exodia lost was because Yami's grandfather had no more life force.

That scene, i always interpreted that Exodia was, and still the most powerful of cards. As long as you have the life force to give him, he'll continue to fight.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 02:44 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

This is the scene am talking about

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 02:47 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Omnipotent

All that matters is...Numeron Dragon > all. smile

"I was lying! See? There's an Omniverse in the box. And that Omniverse died. But alot of the lives in it carried onto the new one. New broom--same handle."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 03:02 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

This thread made me get all nostalgic, so I went back and downloaded all of the original seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh(a complete pack was pretty hard to find, btw.)

I'm actually surprised how much I still enjoy the series overall. Now I'm even more pumped for this new film. thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2016 11:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Nice! I'm glad you feel that way. I would rewatch the seasons of the original again at some point, but wish they were still more easy to come by like when I first watched the rest.

While I'm nostalgic for this too, it also makes me miss the days of Saturday morning cartoons. The original Yu-Gi-Oh's run was one of the times they were at their peak (well technically it's a shonen jump anime, but you know what I mean).

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 03:42 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
This thread made me get all nostalgic, so I went back and downloaded all of the original seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh(a complete pack was pretty hard to find, btw.)

I'm actually surprised how much I still enjoy the series overall. Now I'm even more pumped for this new film. thumb up

You should read Yu-GI-Oh Zero, that shit was so damn dark. Yami went around and killed people in Shadow Games. That shit was so damn good.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 01:26 PM
Galan007
Pulling ALL The Strings

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Nice! I'm glad you feel that way. I would rewatch the seasons of the original again at some point, but wish they were still more easy to come by like when I first watched the rest.

While I'm nostalgic for this too, it also makes me miss the days of Saturday morning cartoons. The original Yu-Gi-Oh's run was one of the times they were at their peak (well technically it's a shonen jump anime, but you know what I mean).
thumb up

I didn't realize it had already been nearly 20 years since Yu-Gi-Oh first aired in the states. F*cking crazy... Makes me feel old.

Originally posted by SquallX
You should read Yu-GI-Oh Zero, that shit was so damn dark. Yami went around and killed people in Shadow Games. That shit was so damn good.
Damn. I'll have to track that down as well. thumb up

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2016 10:38 PM
SquallX

thumb up

I didn't realize it had already been nearly 20 years since Yu-Gi-Oh first aired in the states. F*cking crazy... Makes me feel old.

Damn. I'll have to track that down as well. thumb up

If you're fan, you need to watch it, and youll end up loving it. But I personally felt the manga to be the superior of the 2.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2016 03:37 AM
Demonic Phoenix

PM me the link? I've just been watching the episodes online.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2016 04:48 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Looking back, am I the only one who noticed how often everyone in the original series just said "hold on!" practically every episode? I forgot when specifically I first took note of it, but it was when they said it several times in the same episode. Usually it's said in reaction to or when a trap card's about to be activated, but for it to be said every damn time... laughing Either some of the laziest writing I've ever seen or it was a clever inside joke.

May have to do a count of how many times they say it when I watch the series again (there's even video compilations of it), but one thing's for sure, Kaiba says it with the most dramatic integrity. "HOLD ONNN!"

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Sep 29th, 2016 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2016 05:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Hadn't looked at this in awhile, but new trailers and stuff.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 06:37 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Omnipotent

That's gotta be some of the best animation I have ever seen.

"I was lying! See? There's an Omniverse in the box. And that Omniverse died. But alot of the lives in it carried onto the new one. New broom--same handle."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2017 06:13 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Hadn't looked at this in awhile, but new trailers and stuff.

Fap supreme! laughing

Old Post Jan 6th, 2017 02:01 PM