KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What are the greatest scientific feats that we will see in the near future?

What are the greatest scientific feats that we will see in the near future?
Started by: Ascendancy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ascendancy

What are the greatest scientific feats that we will see in the near future?

I enjoyed some of the tech that another user posted of that will be available to us via 3d printing in days to come including 3d printed functional organs. I'd love it if others will share things that they've come across.

Complete mapping of connectivity within our brains in the works:
http://www.humanconnectomeproject.org/
http://www.humanconnectome.org/

More info on mapping as well as uploading the mind digitally:
http://www.pbs.org/the-brain-with-d...who-will-we-be/
The full episode also gives information on the timelines for each of the mentioned projects, which I believe is an expected initial completion date of 2030 for being able to create the first fully functional cyberbrain simulation.

Tempt me with your wares, good people. I'd love to see more of the awesomeness that is coming our way. I haven't really been keeping up with functional prostheses other than what I've come across by chance, so any detailed info on that would be quite a good read/watch. There actually was a clip discussing that in The Brain series that I posted above.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 04:06 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Nanotech, quantum computing, fusion power.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 05:35 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Given that the lgbt community is the darling of the democrats and homelessness and debt doesn't matter to them..i'd say bionic anus' and sex change machines will be at the top of the list

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 10:21 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
Given that the lgbt community is the darling of the democrats and homelessness and debt doesn't matter to them..i'd say bionic anus' and sex change machines will be at the top of the list
#triggered

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Nanotech, quantum computing, fusion power.
thumb up

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 11:55 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Confirmation of the protophobic x boson and by extension the 5th fundamental force of nature.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 12:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's just hope we're still a long way off from a technological singularity.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 04:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Nanotech is a solid possibility. Cloning, or in general, vastly improved biotechnology is another imho.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2016 02:07 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

the destruction of the white race

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 03:51 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch

The topic says greatest..not most saddening. You silly goose.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 03:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Blax, you libtarded HIPPY!! Stop promoting the retarded sheeple Obama America-hating BLM movement.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 07:38 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Blax, you libtarded HIPPY!! Stop promoting the retarded sheeple Obama America-hating BLM movement.

The White Guilt is indeed strong. It gives you focus, makes you stronger.

FEEL the guilt flow through you! FEEL the actions of people from centuries before you were born and BURN for them.

Feel the power of victimhood, it gives you access to many abilities that some consider to be..unnatural.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 10:42 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Ascendancy
I enjoyed some of the tech that another user posted of that will be available to us via 3d printing in days to come including 3d printed functional organs. I'd love it if others will share things that they've come across.

Complete mapping of connectivity within our brains in the works:
http://www.humanconnectomeproject.org/
http://www.humanconnectome.org/

More info on mapping as well as uploading the mind digitally:
http://www.pbs.org/the-brain-with-d...who-will-we-be/
The full episode also gives information on the timelines for each of the mentioned projects, which I believe is an expected initial completion date of 2030 for being able to create the first fully functional cyberbrain simulation.

Tempt me with your wares, good people. I'd love to see more of the awesomeness that is coming our way. I haven't really been keeping up with functional prostheses other than what I've come across by chance, so any detailed info on that would be quite a good read/watch. There actually was a clip discussing that in The Brain series that I posted above.

I was reading an article about driverless autonomous cars. It stated that ford planes on having its whole fleet autonomous in a decade. Uber also said it was looking into autonomous driving. Same goes for a few trucking companies. I think its cool but im also worried about the impact it'll have on that industry. Truck driving is one of a few good paying jobs that dont require a degree

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 10:55 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just hope we don't become a country that hinders progress just due to a financial reason.

*Remembers how shit went down with Nikola Tesla* Well damn, seems I'm many many decades too late.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 10:57 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I just hope we don't become a country that hinders progress just due to a financial reason.

*Remembers how shit went down with Nikola Tesla* Well damn, seems I'm many many decades too late.

Rabid anti-intellectualism is far more of a concern in western countries than funding. The fact that "scientist" and "expert" seems to be more and more a term of derision is becoming a problem.

It's the reason why half of all science graduates in the US are foreign born and return to their home countries after graduating.

For the first time ever the 25-34 year old bracket have a lower educational attainment that the 35-44 bracket.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 11:44 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

I think quite a few industries are working very hard to make sure that doesn't come to pass. They are working with universities to make sure that students are where they need to be and the universities are constantly recruiting well and putting programs in place to get students all the way through to graduation. I definitely see more positive tech stories than negative ones.

I won't try and hit the dates for it as I'm slightly fuzzy on it since it's been two years or so since I saw him speak, but Michio Kaku's timeline for us implementing climate harnessing systems and eventually having what equates to planetary control at that level wasn't that far off, as in something that we'd likely live to see major steps toward. There are things like wave engines and all that, but beyond even that technology. It is interesting that he was also pointing out that unifying technology is often suppressed right alongside unifying music, which I won't go into except to say that in the end both win out.

I don't foresee the technophobes taking the day.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 03:37 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Ascendancy
I think quite a few industries are working very hard to make sure that doesn't come to pass. They are working with universities to make sure that students are where they need to be and the universities are constantly recruiting well and putting programs in place to get students all the way through to graduation. I definitely see more positive tech stories than negative ones.

I won't try and hit the dates for it as I'm slightly fuzzy on it since it's been two years or so since I saw him speak, but Michio Kaku's timeline for us implementing climate harnessing systems and eventually having what equates to planetary control at that level wasn't that far off, as in something that we'd likely live to see major steps toward. There are things like wave engines and all that, but beyond even that technology. It is interesting that he was also pointing out that unifying technology is often suppressed right alongside unifying music, which I won't go into except to say that in the end both win out.

I don't foresee the technophobes taking the day.

TBH I find Kaku to be a tad too optimistic, but I agree that technophobia (for the lack of a better word) is not going to shape the future in a decisive way.

Just take a look at kids these days. For them technology is not even something "external" in a sense. They are digital natives and a laptop or an iPhone are basically an extension of their bodies.

As far as technological progresss goes, it would be great to live in an age with advanced bio-technology (though many dangers will surface, obviously).

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 07:33 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Stigma
Just take a look at kids these days.
I love this phrase. Nothing ages a person more when they say this so casually.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 07:40 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I love this phrase. Nothing ages a person more when they say this so casually.

Well, I am way past my college years so ... smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 07:46 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Peer reviewed paper on the EMDrive very soon and a space test within 6 months. A technology that, on paper, breaks newton's third law and no one can explain how it works. One theory suggests it makes plasma from unobservable virtual particles and vents that giving thrust in the process.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 01:59 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But we DO need to look at kids these days. They kind of will be running the country soon. People think Trump is bad? Imagine 3 decades from now..where our sitting president throws a hissy fit on tv over halloween costumes. Or when our sitting president retreats from some kind of political debate to run off to a safe space because their poor delicate wittle feelings heard something that makes them uncomfortable.

Or when play-doh and bubbles become staples of the oval office.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2016 11:11 AM