KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Chancellor Palpatine vs Khan

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Chancellor Palpatine wins... 36 87.80%
Khan wins... 5 12.20%
Total: 41 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chancellor Palpatine vs Khan
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

CBR was not fair out all. Pendaran needs to come to KMC. We will see how quickly he gets his ass handed to him without his protection.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 06:16 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
CBR was not fair out all. Pendaran needs to come to KMC. We will see how quickly he gets his ass handed to him without his protection.

CBR wasn't fair, but then do you think KMC is 100% fair? That isn't a knock on this forum because when it comes to this kind of stuff no rule system will ever be perfect. We're debating fictional characters, we're debating things that weren't written in such a way as to really be debated.

CBR designed it's rules to be based more around logical discussion. An out and out debate as opposed to the telling of a story. Yep, it was arguing powersets as opposed to characters. Though you could easily make a scenario fight that would take the personality's into question as well. It wasn't perfect, but like I said no system is.

As for Pendaran, he could be rude at times..but I've never seen anyone on any forum with as much knowledge about comics as he had. I don't think he'd have any trouble here. Well, other than the trouble I run into..which is daring to suggest a character will fight intelligently.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 06:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

No forum is perfect anywhere on the the Internet. The biggest problem on KMC is the trolling.

Pendaran did finally admit Superman can beat Gladiator. So he is not as inflexible as Quan appears to be.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 06:45 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not just trolling. One problem is people can't separate character induced stupidity from plot induced stupidity. Most characters who fail to use their powers effectively do so because of PIS, not CIS. But meh.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 06:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

No forum is perfect anywhere on the the Internet. The biggest problem on KMC is the trolling.

Pendaran did finally admit Superman can beat Gladiator. So he is not as inflexible as Quan appears to be.

Wait, what?

Can you find the thread? I'd like to see that for myself. I couldn't even get that ******* to admit to some of Lobo's feats, he was insistant on lowballing everything about him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 07:04 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

I don't think CBR for debates actually. I thought they tried to streamline things too much to prevent debates about topics, but some topics needed debating. Plus they over emphasized speed there. I know speed is a big factor, but they gave it too much credence imo

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 07:44 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Sids stomps in this thread. This isn't close.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 07:45 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by cdtm
Wait, what?

Can you find the thread? I'd like to see that for myself. I couldn't even get that ******* to admit to some of Lobo's feats, he was insistant on lowballing everything about him.

He actually admitted Superman was stronger and should be the favorite in a fight. It was shocking. Now I just to remember what thread it was.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 08:07 PM
cdtm

He actually admitted Superman was stronger and should be the favorite in a fight. It was shocking. Now I just to remember what thread it was.

So it was just a battle of strength? Not everything goes?

I can kind of see him admitting to Superman being stronger, but I bet in an all out fight, he'd still argue Gladiator is much, much faster and blitzes.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 08:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

They do drastically wank speed.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 08:54 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

The speed wanking there was retarded.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 09:04 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

True. That said Sheev wins this match with ease.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 09:10 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
Sidious vs Maul and Savage is all the Force ragdoll evidence you need, they also have the Force, they should be able to fight back on his level but Sidious was way too strong, Khan has no answer to the Force and he's nowhere near strong enough to fight it physically, especially when Sidious was seen throwing tonnes of weight in Senate Pods at Yoda like they were baseballs. The Force augments his speed to such a degree that he killed 3 top tier Jedi Masters with his lightsaber before they could even mount any kind of offence and Sidious blitzed them from a good 10 feet away too.

In the Force, Sidious is stronger, has TK which Khan doesn't have and is faster than Kahn can react so he's outclassed in every physical way here.
And guess what he didn't defeat either with force ragdoll. That's my point at no point did he defeat either with the force it was just an attack at a vulnerable moment like anything else.

Jango had no answer for the force according to you either but Kenobi failed to best him. He even tried using the force in a fight and it didn't get him the win. Cad Bane got the better of Kenobi if you want to pull clone wars episodes into this and he doesn't have the force either.

We see that go down in real time and it was multi second time frame so their defense and skill level wasn't up to snuff. He wasn't superhumanly fast at all because the time it takes him to execute the kills isn't impressive.

Khan is stronger, more ruthless, and he's far more durable than Palpatine. These exaggerations about how Palpatine behaves isn't supported by the showings.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 10:28 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Pendaran is still there? He was a great mod.

And there was good reason for that. Certain showings are obvious CIS and PIS. I remember the biggest examples they had of the was Spiderman fighting Firelord (a Herald of Galactus), and one scan where Black Panther defeated Silver Surfer by getting him an arm lock thats "impossible" to break out of. CBR wasn't biased about how they labeled that stuff. If it was too far beyond a characters usual abilities, it was cut down.

CBR was the most fair sight I've scene when it came to debates. The rulings made sense, and no thread went on for hundreds of pages because a mod always came down to make a legit ruling when requested. It sounds like you just tried out the site and had a bad experience that turned you off from it. If it's anything like I remember, it's the golden site for debates like these

EDIT: I wonder if you went there back when I did. What was your name?
I only knew of him as a poster. He was a biased tool. If you go down that way of thinking it becomes too subjective since only the posters can decide what counts. They shouldn't ever be able to completely disregard evidence.

No, they didn't encourage or even tolerate debating. Certain debates were decided and if you pressed things the thread was shut down and warnings handed out. If you like having opinions censored and deleted then that place was for you. There's a reason it didn't last. Severely flawed.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 10:32 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
Oh yes I agreed CBR did get shitty. I'm just saying you talk about it as if there is a system in place here that works much better. Do you truly believe that Quanchi-chi?
Debating within character and accepting all evidence is the most objective way to look at any fictional debate.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 10:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Another Moronic post from the biggest Moron on the site. Listing 3 people Sids didn't do that to, doesn't change the fact that he HAS done that to people. Does your idiocy run so deep that him not doing things sometimes, means the times he has don't count? Likely, which is why everybody laughs at you as the worst debater on this site. How does that make you feel? He's done to Maul, Savage Dooku and Marek to name a few. It's totally in character for him to do so, and he would effortlessly stop Khan with the utmost of ease.
Another fart from your vagina was submitted as a post. It is to be expected.

Marek isn't canon. Maul and Opress has already been explained. Anything else ? This myth that Sidious just force rag dolls people from the onset of a battle with quicker reactions needs to just end. You need to actually think and post relevant evidence to align with your claims. You never quite do it and just embarrass yourself.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 10:39 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Did he not do that to Maul and Khan... Marek is canon bud. In case you didn't know which "games" he was in with verified its canonicity with Disney. I'll accept your concession that Sids does indeed use TK to ragdoll people

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 11:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Did he not do that to Maul and Khan... Marek is canon bud. In case you didn't know which "games" he was in with verified its canonicity with Disney. I'll accept your concession that Sids does indeed use TK to ragdoll people
Only the films and the clone wars series was dubbed canon after the merger. Your ignorance is again to be expected. He can use it to attack but he didn't beat Maul or Opress. Again my opinion is consistent with the on screen depictions. Yours isn't. Cry more.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 11:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I really wish a certain person would watch The Clone Wars before they comment on the series, once again I have to explain that Palpatine can not only force-hold, force-choke, force-lightning and force-slam, but he can do all AT THE SAME TIME.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ctN5s8z3E8E

Go to time-stamp 01:55 to 02:03 for undeniable video proof.

His opponent here has no real chance, anyone that argues against the video proof above is either ignorant of SW or a moron. Possibly/likely both.

Edit: Was also going to post Palp vs Maul/Savage, where my boy Palp utterly man-handles those two with his mastery of The Force, but the clip above is all that is needed here thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:28 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 11:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yoda isn't in this thread.

laughing out loud

You also ignore the context of said scene. Why am I not surprised ? Robtard ignoring context and trying to swap character fights while ignoring Palpatine's screen fights.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 11:37 PM