KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Help me undrstand the next characters power level

Help me undrstand the next characters power level
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Oh ok. Where cable was running around with hope.

iirc that was what happened at the end of the story, around the time Xavier gets shot in the face.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 10:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by krisblaze
I would also generally put Sinister around low herald, but, as I mentioned, someone around low herald would generally be able to give Apocalypse a fight for his money.

I generally chalk this up to Apocalypse getting so much hype but little in the way of the feats.
It might be because Apocalypse iirc hasn't lost to anyone cleanly. There is always some plot device loss or Apocalypse is weaker than normal, and even when weak he's beaten the x-men badly in like 30 seconds which is something Sinister has never done straight up, even with the Marauders.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 11:07 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by -Pr-
iirc that was what happened at the end of the story, around the time Xavier gets shot in the face.

Poor charles. I hate how all my idols from the 90s turned into douchebags. Scott, Charles, Namor, freaking sucks

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 11:49 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Poor charles. I hate how all my idols from the 90s turned into douchebags. Scott, Charles, Namor, freaking sucks

Ikr?

With Charles there were rumblings early on, but nothing that would have suggested Deadly Genesis with Vulcan and the like.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 11:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

'yea...the illuminati, Nick Fury...sucks ass

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:14 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

lmao... are you serious? charles has always been a dick. laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:17 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Really? I've always seen him as the father figure. Not sure why everything has to be retconned into being dark and edgy (I.e. A dick).

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:22 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ghostman
lmao... are you serious? charles has always been a dick. laughing laughing laughing

There's a difference between wanting to bang teenage Jean and going full mindwipe using, Illuminati joining dickhead.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:23 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Read early xmen. Charles wasnt a dick. Neither was scott. Fury was an ass but not a MURDERING ass. Reed, Namor, Tchalla....the only one i half expected to turn heel was Tony. Due solely to ego. But the others, nay?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:27 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Not every character need to be Jason phuckin Todd

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:28 AM
ghostman

There's a difference between wanting to bang teenage Jean and going full mindwipe using, Illuminati joining dickhead.

or you you know, like pretending to lose his powers during a very crucial time, which would of resulted in a shit ton of people dying if his plan failed. or faking his death a shit ton of times, and one of those times was...........so he can have some time alone laughing laughing laughing

(please log in to view the image)

and thats just the tip of the iceberg, theres the danger room shit, him covering up an entire team of x men being killed, and you know him killing his sister in the womb...

**** xavier

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:36 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not really disproving my point. He was retconned in to being much worse than he had been previously. Danger, Vulcan, all that, only came about through retcons. For a long time, sure, his judgment wasn't always the best, but he wasn't nearly as bad as he ended up becoming once they started changing shit around.

edit: And Kitty Pryde really isn't one to talk.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:41 AM
ghostman

Not really disproving my point. He was retconned in to being much worse than he had been previously. Danger, Vulcan, all that, only came about through retcons. For a long time, sure, his judgment wasn't always the best, but he wasn't nearly as bad as he ended up becoming once they started changing shit around.

those first few times i mentioned were retcons.....? small dick big dick medium dick orange dick, it doesnt matter, a dick is still a dick. i will admit, they upped his dickery to silver age superman comicbook cover levels a lot over the years.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 01:05 AM
ghostman

jesus, i know!! im tired of the try hard batman grittyness thats been going on since god knows when.... batman and his mythos changed the industry for worse....

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 01:07 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

This

Yea he made mistakes but xavier was intended to be a MLK type character. All that stuff came later. The only reason Kitty called him a jerk is because she wasnt ready to be an xman. She was still a novice with her powers and she had childish impulses.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 01:08 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

those first few times i mentioned were retcons.....? small dick big dick medium dick orange dick, it doesnt matter, a dick is still a dick. i will admit, they upped his dickery to silver age superman comicbook cover levels a lot over the years.

the disappearing for a bit wasn't rectonned, no, but it wasn't exactly high on the scale of dickery. It makes him no worse than most superheroes, who take stupid risks all the time.

This

Yea he made mistakes but xavier was intended to be a MLK type character. All that stuff came later. The only reason Kitty called him a jerk is because she wasnt ready to be an xman. She was still a novice with her powers and she had childish impulses.

Yep. and she tried to get Colossus arrested.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 01:13 AM
ghostman

the disappearing for a bit wasn't rectonned, no, but it wasn't exactly high on the scale of dickery. It makes him no worse than most superheroes, who take stupid risks all the time.

Yep. and she tried to get Colossus arrested.

what about the faking his death, leaving a taped will along with having his students watch him painfully die leading to them getting captured immediately, then almost killed... then comes back two years later after hiding in the ****ing basement and making jean lie to everyone about it... if that isnt high OR atleast medium....i dont know man... laughing laughing laughing

his dickery stretches back into the early x men days

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 01:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Heroes have faked their deaths before. It isn't remotely as bad as mindwiping Cyclops or joining the Illuminati, and besides, back then he did a hell of a lot of good to balance out the occasional bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 01:30 AM
krisblaze

This comment is sig-worthy.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 05:14 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Dareangel
as i remember in the 1 million arc, when he is losing his powers the flight is among the first things he is losing. but here he still has his flight which means he wasnt that depowered.

No, he lost his flight at 1/1000th level of full power.

And punched through time at even less power level.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 05:23 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote