KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Strength Ratings

Strength Ratings
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Strength Ratings

If Pre Flashpoint Aquaman is 100 in strength, rate these characters in strength.

1. Thing
2. Colossus
3. Superboy
4. Power Girl (Kryptonian)
5. Wonder Woman

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 05:44 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

I assumed we would be debating stuff about Detroit, or Vs fights they had.

Only character I'd put above him Pre-Flashpoint here is Wonder Woman and that's due to higher shown strength feats, and consistently fighting at a higher lvl.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 05:50 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

1. Thing-150
2. Colossus-130
3. Superboy-125
4. Power Girl (Kryptonian)-200
5. Wonder Woman-200

Adjust those numbers to Pre FP Aquaman being a 75.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 05:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
I assumed we would be debating stuff about Detroit, or Vs fights they had.

Only character I'd put above him Pre-Flashpoint here is Wonder Woman and that's due to higher shown strength feats, and consistently fighting at a higher lvl.

You think Superboy and Power Girl are weaker than Aquaman? Proof?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 06:04 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by riv6672
1. Thing-150
2. Colossus-130
3. Superboy-125
4. Power Girl (Kryptonian)-200
5. Wonder Woman-200

Adjust those numbers to Pre FP Aquaman being a 75.

Colossus and Thing stronger than Superboy? Thing twice as strong as Arthur?

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 06:05 AM
apex_pretador

I am not very well aware on aquaman's strength. So, I am using another scale.
Assuming Colossus = 100.

Thing - 130
Colossus - 100
SuperBoy - 220
Power girl - 240
Wonder Woman (pre FP) - 260

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 07:11 AM
apex_pretador is currently offline Click here to Send apex_pretador a Private Message Find more posts by apex_pretador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Really don't like these "if x is 100" threads, but gonna average it out as best I can.

Thing - 50
Colossus - 50
Superboy - 110
PG - 120
WW - 120

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 07:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by abhilegend
Colossus and Thing stronger than Superboy? Thing twice as strong as Arthur?

laughing out loud

Sure why not?

Dont bother answering, thats a rhetorical question (i wont be back in here), i wont drag out my opinion on the matter for 7 pages.
I don't spend nearly as much time in your threads as you do in mine. smile

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 09:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
Really don't like these "if x is 100" threads, but gonna average it out as best I can.

Thing - 50
Colossus - 50
Superboy - 110
PG - 120
WW - 120

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 12:04 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Thing - 10
Colossus - 10
Superboy - 110
PG - 120
WW - 120

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 01:54 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

PG, WW, and SB have objective strength feats orderS of magnitude greater than Arthur.

Which is not to say that Arthur couldn't hurt them physically, because in comics objective strength feats don't usually correspond super well to fisticuffs, but yeah.

Pre-Flashpoint is in the ballpark of Thing and Colossus. He got a bit of a boost in the New 52 strength-wise.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 02:45 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Oh pre flashpoint, lmao.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 03:06 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

You think Superboy and Power Girl are weaker than Aquaman? Proof?

The fact Superboy said Aquaman was holding back in their fight and that Aquaman agreed.

The fight comparisons between King Shark.

The fact that each of their higher showings favor Aquaman.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 03:44 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The fact Superboy said Aquaman was holding back in their fight and that Aquaman agreed.

The fight comparisons between King Shark.

The fact that each of their higher showings favor Aquaman.

Aquaman didn't hold back his strength.

King Shark had never been a problem for Kon. Heck, even Krypto has casually beaten him and his entire rogues gallery.

What strength feats does Arthur has that are even close to Connor? At his higher showings Kon is fighting SBP and making him bloody with punches.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 05:04 PM
EcstaticGrace

Aquaman didn't hold back his strength.

King Shark had never been a problem for Kon. Heck, even Krypto has casually beaten him and his entire rogues gallery.

What strength feats does Arthur has that are even close to Connor? At his higher showings Kon is fighting SBP and making him bloody with punches.

Aquaman held back. When he came back he tossed Kon into a wall and had him down for awhile. Kon didn't put Aquaman down for page time like visa versa.

MMH did that to SBP.

Kon gave Prime a fight based on plot.

Prime is above regular Supes, suggesting Kon can contend with Prime is like suggesting Kon > Superman.

Prime was only superior thanks to his harness which absorbed additional solar rays at a faster rate. Kon didn't really challenge him until the harness came off.

On top of that Kon's one time fighting Prime doesn't add up to Aquaman fighting and harming characters like Titus, Amazo, Despero, Power Ring.

Your going to have to show me Krypto beating his entire Rogue Gallery or Kon casually dismissing King Shark like Aquaman has.

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Sep 27th, 2016 at 06:18 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 06:14 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Aquaman held back. When he came back he tossed Kon into a wall and had him down for awhile. Kon didn't put Aquaman down for page time like visa versa.

That's not what happened. Aquaman used a tsunami and Garth and Dolphin to ko an already drowning Kon.

Kon flat out no sold Aquaman's kick. He wasn't holding back his strength there.

quote:

MMH did that to SBP.

No, he didn't.
quote:

Kon gave Prime a fight based on plot.

Three times? Right.
quote:

Prime is above regular Supes, suggesting Kon can contend with Prime is like suggesting Kon > Superman.

Superman can contend with Time Trapper SBP who was a lot more powerful than regular SBP. So no, it doesn't imply anything.
quote:

Prime was only superior thanks to his harness which absorbed additional solar rays at a faster rate. Kon didn't really challenge him until the harness came off.

Lolwut?

Are you out of your mind?
quote:

On top of that Kon's one time fighting Prime doesn't add up to Aquaman fighting and harming characters like Titus, Amazo, Despero, Power Ring.

Of course it does. Kon has fought and harmed beings like Doomsday, Kal-L and Despero himself.

And Kon fought Prime three times. And when did Arthur do anything to Titus or Amazo or Despero?

quote:

Your going to have to show me Krypto beating his entire Rogue Gallery or Kon casually dismissing King Shark like Aquaman has.

http://imgur.com/a/eBTv1

First you have to show me Aquaman dismissing King Shark. As of now your words means shit all.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 03:24 AM
EcstaticGrace

That's not what happened. Aquaman used a tsunami and Garth and Dolphin to ko an already drowning Kon.

Kon flat out no sold Aquaman's kick. He wasn't holding back his strength there.

No, he didn't.

Three times? Right.

Superman can contend with Time Trapper SBP who was a lot more powerful than regular SBP. So no, it doesn't imply anything.

Lolwut?

Are you out of your mind?

Of course it does. Kon has fought and harmed beings like Doomsday, Kal-L and Despero himself.

And Kon fought Prime three times. And when did Arthur do anything to Titus or Amazo or Despero?

http://imgur.com/a/eBTv1

First you have to show me Aquaman dismissing King Shark. As of now your words means shit all.

Wasn't holding back based on what? Your inability to accept what's suggested on panel. Even in the end of the fight Aquaman suggested he would of been dead if Aquaman decided it. Kon was gone for about 2 panels after Aquaman tossed him away.

There's no context to the Krypto fight you brought up. Ironically I just read that issue of Adventure today.. For All we know Krypto was spamming heat vision on Nanue which he should be susceptible to because of his biology. You have nothing to suggest Krypto beat Nanue by physical means, because the comic is vague as hell.

In "No other Gods before me" Aquaman was harming Titus with his punches. During Detroit Amazo suggested Aquaman was harming him physically. In Crisis of Conscience Despero had to resort to Telepathy because he couldn't take down Aquaman physically, which like Martian Manhunter said "If he can't take you down physically he'll resort to telepathy". First issues of JLA Classified he took down Olympian who had the Fleece of Hercules and also oneshotted Martian Manhunter with his disc. During JLA he also took down Power Ring in Earth 2 specifically who suggested earlier he felt on juiced up and fully powered on Volthoom.

I don't know about the Doomsday instance but if your referencing KC Superman as Kal-L, Superboy was amped during that time. Regardless hurting Kal-L isn't that much of a stretch. King Shark has harmed Superman by physical means in a Superman title.

Prime killed Kon the only time Kon did anything noteworthy was when the harness amping Prime came off. Prime was scared of Kon for some reason and it showed in their fights so yeah I'd call it plot.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...k-beat-1768526/

Last edited by EcstaticGrace on Sep 28th, 2016 at 04:17 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 04:14 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Wasn't holding back based on what? Your inability to accept what's suggested on panel.

That he was not using his hook hand? That doesn't mean he was holding back his punches and kicks. Never even suggested.

quote:
Even in the end of the fight Aquaman suggested he would of been dead if Aquaman decided it. Kon was gone for about 2 panels after Aquaman tossed him away.

Yes, by drowning. Not exactly by Aquaman's strength.

quote:
There's no context to the Krypto fight you brought up. Ironically I just read that issue of Adventure today.. For All we know Krypto was spamming heat vision on Nanue which he should be susceptible to because of his biology. You have nothing to suggest Krypto beat Nanue by physical means, because the comic is vague as hell.

And? You acted like King Shark is something of a threat to Superboy now when he never was.

quote:
In "No other Gods before me" Aquaman was harming Titus with his punches.

Never did.

quote:
During Detroit Amazo suggested Aquaman was harming him physically.

Non canon. And that Amazo was not that impressive physically.
quote:
In Crisis of Conscience Despero had to resort to Telepathy because he couldn't take down Aquaman physically, which like Martian Manhunter said "If he can't take you down physically he'll resort to telepathy".

That's simple idiocy. Despero was never shown fighting Aquaman h2h. Arthur punched him a few times and that's it.

quote:
First issues of JLA Classified he took down Olympian who had the Fleece of Hercules and also oneshotted Martian Manhunter with his disc.

That Olympian is featless in strength. Oneshotting J'onn with a weapon isn't a strength feat.

quote:
During JLA he also took down Power Ring in Earth 2 specifically who suggested earlier he felt on juiced up and fully powered on Volthoom.

CSA were unable to win at all on JLA Earth due to the cosmic laws as per the comic.

quote:
I don't know about the Doomsday instance but if your referencing KC Superman as Kal-L, Superboy was amped during that time.

No, I'm talking about Superboy 6 where Kon fought a Doomsday clone stated to be stronger than original for a whole issue.

And Superboy was amped against KC Superman? When?

quote:
Regardless hurting Kal-L isn't that much of a stretch. King Shark has harmed Superman by physical means in a Superman title.

Did he now?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

quote:
Prime killed Kon the only time Kon did anything noteworthy was when the harness amping Prime came off.

Prime didn't kill Kon, it was the tower which exploded killing him. And the harness wasn't removed. And Prime wasn't amped there at all.

quote:
Prime was scared of Kon for some reason and it showed in their fights so yeah I'd call it plot.

laughing out loud

"I can't bullshit around it so I will deny it as plot."

quote:

And what does that even shows? Aqauman using a spear on Shark? Because in one on one fight King Shark had upper hand on him. Even bitchslapped him once.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The only reason Arthur beat him was because he was distracted and hurt by the song mentioned. Where did Aquaman dismiss King Shark again?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 04:47 AM
EcstaticGrace

That he was not using his hook hand? That doesn't mean he was holding back his punches and kicks. Never even suggested.

Yes, by drowning. Not exactly by Aquaman's strength.

And? You acted like King Shark is something of a threat to Superboy now when he never was.

Never did.

Non canon. And that Amazo was not that impressive physically.

That's simple idiocy. Despero was never shown fighting Aquaman h2h. Arthur punched him a few times and that's it.

That Olympian is featless in strength. Oneshotting J'onn with a weapon isn't a strength feat.

CSA were unable to win at all on JLA Earth due to the cosmic laws as per the comic.

No, I'm talking about Superboy 6 where Kon fought a Doomsday clone stated to be stronger than original for a whole issue.

And Superboy was amped against KC Superman? When?

Did he now?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Prime didn't kill Kon, it was the tower which exploded killing him. And the harness wasn't removed. And Prime wasn't amped there at all.

laughing out loud

"I can't bullshit around it so I will deny it as plot."

And what does that even shows? Aqauman using a spear on Shark? Because in one on one fight King Shark had upper hand on him. Even bitchslapped him once.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The only reason Arthur beat him was because he was distracted and hurt by the song mentioned. Where did Aquaman dismiss King Shark again?

Reason I said earlier years.. Aquaman had trouble with KS. In Infinite Crisis he casually dismisses him.

King Shark taking that much punches from Supes honestly looks great. A later showing in Superman Confidential #6 has Supes struggle for a bit.
http://m.imgur.com/xIwSwC7
http://m.imgur.com/QLdw66n

Which isn't that surprising given Superman has also struggled against Ocean Master a superior Aquaman rogue.

If someone suggest there holding back then their holding back. Aquaman stated he was holding back. He didn't state that he was holding back because of his harpoon. That's nothing other then something you decided to throw in. Even if it was his harpoon that means he watching every blow he throws to make sure Instinct doesn't come in and he decides to throw in the wrong punch...

Show me an instance where King Shark wasn't a physical threat to Superboy..? I'll wait.

You've yet to even prove the Amazo showing is non canon.. Despero missed blows on Aquaman logically with how banged up Aquaman was there was probably some back in further their similar to the prior fight Despero had with MMH. Olympian thanks to the Fleece should have the strength of Hercules. Generating enough force to knock down Martian Manhunter is a strength feat...

During Convergence when Superboy fought KC Superman the comic prior suggested that experiments were done to Kon to have him absorb yellow rays faster and store more.

You'd have to show me the Doomsday clone feat. Most Doomsday clones don't hold up because their not spawned with the adaptability of the original.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:02 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Reason I said earlier years.. Aquaman had trouble with KS. In Infinite Crisis he casually dismisses him.

No, he didn't. He stabbed King Shark and that's it.

quote:
King Shark taking that much punches from Supes honestly looks great. A later showing in Superman Confidential #6 has Supes struggle for a bit.
http://m.imgur.com/xIwSwC7
http://m.imgur.com/QLdw66n

Superman twoshotting King Shark isn't that impressive for King Shark. And Superman classified is Byrne Superman who was a lot weaker than usual and even then oneshotted King Shark.

quote:
Which isn't that surprising given Superman has also struggled against Ocean Master a superior Aquaman rogue.

He didn't struggle. He defeated Orm casually after getting out of his chokehold.

quote:
If someone suggest there holding back then their holding back.

Not with strength, he wasn't. You don't hold back your strength to the point you look weaker than someone else.

quote:
Aquaman stated he was holding back.

Never did.

quote:
He didn't state that he was holding back because of his harpoon. That's nothing other then something you decided to throw in. Even if it was his harpoon that means he watching every blow he throws to make sure Instinct doesn't come in and he decides to throw in the wrong punch...

I'd like to see where he stated he was holding his strength.

quote:
Show me an instance where King Shark wasn't a physical threat to Superboy..? I'll wait.

He wasn't a threat to Superboy ever since he was upgraded in Teen Titans by Geoff.

quote:
You've yet to even prove the Amazo showing is non canon..[quote]

Already did. Amazo was awakened in JLA 27 after their initial fight. That fight with JLA Detroit was never mentioned post crisis.

And Aquaman did nothing that characters like Black Canary haven't done. Heck Dinah blew up Amazo's head.

[quote] Despero missed blows on Aquaman logically with how banged up Aquaman was there was probably some back in further their similar to the prior fight Despero had with MMH.

Aquaman wasn't shown taking any attack from Despero. Superboy has already fought Despero and did far better than Aquaman.

And that was a weaker Superboy who was already stronger than Aquaman.

quote:
Olympian thanks to the Fleece should have the strength of Hercules. Generating enough force to knock down Martian Manhunter is a strength feat...

No, it is not.

quote:
During Convergence when Superboy fought KC Superman the comic prior suggested that experiments were done to Kon to have him absorb yellow rays faster and store more.

That was a plot point in early Superboy comics. And it is not him being amped.

quote:
You'd have to show me the Doomsday clone feat. Most Doomsday clones don't hold up because their not spawned with the adaptability of the original.

Read Superboy 6 and come back. Its a whole issue of fight so can't post it here.

Bottom line, even early Superboy was stronger than Aquaman and since then he has been upgraded and far stronger than Aquaman.

Deal with it.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:59 AM