KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs Anakin Skywalker (No TP)

Revan vs Anakin Skywalker (No TP)
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

History would suggest that it is. In contests where the respective advantages are slight, I don't even recall a single example of the more powerful one winning.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:43 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is why Maul would beat Vader smile

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:46 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
History would suggest that it is.

Active Force moves have been tipping points before without a huge disparity in power: Sidious vs. Yoda, Satele vs. Malgus, Maul vs. TPM Obi Wan, sort of Galen vs. Vader, Sidious vs. Talzin, etc.

But yeah, it does seem to happen less often than just winning or losing a straight up duel, but that might be more due to the choices of the combatants.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:47 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vader's Force advantage is colossal, and I'm unconvinced that Maul has the sabers advantage, seeing as he was only roughly even with Ahsoka, whereas Vader was beating her.

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 28th, 2016 at 05:50 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:48 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did you come to the conclusion that Maul and Ahsoka are equals?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:49 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Active Force moves have been tipping points before without a huge disparity in power: Sidious vs. Yoda, Satele vs. Malgus, Maul vs. TPM Obi Wan, sort of Galen vs. Vader, Sidious vs. Talzin, etc.

But yeah, it does seem to happen less often than just winning or losing a straight up duel, but that might be more due to the choices of the combatants.

Satele lost to Malgus, Galen beat Vader through Dun Moch, and Sidious vs Talzin is not a conventional fight (it was pretty much Force only).

Sidious vs Yoda is a good one, but the Force advantage was bigger than the saber advantage (if there was one). Maul vs TPM Obi-Wan? Maul was better in everything.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:49 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by chingchangwalla

Well, they fought evenly for a decent amount of time, so I'm assuming that means that Ahsoka curbstomps?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:50 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

He is basing it on the fight we see them have, and how it was even.

Meanwhile, Ahsoka is constantly backpedaling against Vader and only just fending off his strikes.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:50 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Trocity
He is basing it on the fight we see them have, and how it was even.

Meanwhile, Ahsoka is constantly backpedaling against Vader and only just fending off his strikes.
...While Vader was amped by Malachor, yes.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:51 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vader is a very different combatant to Ahsoka. I'm pretty sure Maul would do better against a less mobile opponent who he can match in pain tolerance and strength.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:51 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It's not explicitly stated, and regardless, Vader's performance against Ahsoka was demonstrably better than Maul's, despite the fact that both would've been amped all the same.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:52 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vader is a very different combatant to Ahsoka. I'm pretty sure Maul would do better against a less mobile opponent who he can match in pain tolerance and strength.

Maul isn't Vader's equal in physical fortitude by any stretch of the imagination. Maul might have to worry about his own mobility, since he couldn't even stop himself from being thrown off the edge by Kanan smile

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:52 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Satele lost to Malgus,

Yeah, I guess.

quote:

Galen beat Vader through Dun Moch,

They both used the Force pretty liberally; they didn't seem to think it was pointless.

quote:

and Sidious vs Talzin is not a conventional fight (it was pretty much Force only).

Yeah, but why?

quote:

Sidious vs Yoda is a good one, but the Force advantage was bigger than the saber advantage (if there was one).

I don't think that changes the point. Yoda having a larger saber advantage wouldn't have changed what happened on that last senate pod (unless if this advantage also translated into Yoda putting his guard up).

quote:

Maul vs TPM Obi-Wan? Maul was better in everything.

He won with a push; the two were dueling pretty evenly.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:53 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

But still, when you think of the hard on Filoni has for Ahsoka and the hate he has for Maul, for them to be roughly 'equal' during that short bout says a little something.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:54 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Jmanghan
...While Vader was amped by Malachor, yes.

Even if that were the case, why does that change anything that's been discussed?

Or are you only addressing the point of Ahsoka constantly being on the backfoot?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:54 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

But still, when you think of the hard on Filoni has for Ahsoka and the hate he has for Maul, for them to be roughly 'equal' during that short bout says a little something.

And yet, despite his hard-on for Ahsoka, he was willing to concede her inferiority to Vader, evidently. That says something as well.

You have nowhere to run, lol.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:55 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oi this is a chill debate. I'm not tryna be all Maul fanboy up in here, I just wanna here your points. On paper Vader is superior

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 05:57 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@Ell - Galen didn't win until he used Dun Moch, which was the primary factor.

Why was Sidious vs Talzin unconventional? Because it was Force only, lol.

TPM Obi-Wan was enraged against Maul, and Maul decided to exploit an advantage when Obi-Wan "left himself open to counterattack", per Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force.

If one goes by the assumption that Yoda held the advantage in a lightsaber contest, then that would explain why he was winning in the Grand Senate podium, and forced Sidious to relocate to a higher location where it became an exclusively Force-only battle. That was when Sidious gained the upper hand.

Last edited by SunRazer on Sep 28th, 2016 at 06:08 AM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 06:00 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

@Ell - Galen didn't win until he used Dun Moch, which was the primary factor.

The point is that both thought that Force attacks were worth using, despite the parity.

He didn't win with a Force move, but his saber skill wasn't the tipping point either...

quote:

Why was Sidious vs Talzin unconventional? Because it was Force only, lol.

But your logic would predict that Sidious would just go in and dice her.

quote:

TPM Obi-Wan was enraged against Maul, and Maul decided to exploit an advantage when Obi-Wan "left himself open to counterattack", per Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force.

Yeah, so that's a potential application. It doesn't have to be an emotional instability.

quote:

If one goes by the assumption that Yoda held the advantage in a lightsaber contest, then that would explain why he was winning in the Grand Senate podium, and forced Sidious to relocate to a higher location where it became an exclusively Force-only battle. That was when Sidious gained the upper hand.

Yeah, so that's an example where the Force advantage won because of the environment.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 06:34 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by The Ellimist
The point is that both thought that Force attacks were worth using, despite the parity.

I didn't say anything about what was worth using. I'm talking about who tends to win.

quote:
He didn't win with a Force move, but his saber skill wasn't the tipping point either...

Well, for one, how do you establish which is more skilled and which is more powerful? My conditions were very clear - X is slightly better at dueling, and Y is slightly better at the Force. All of your examples don't fit that criteria.

quote:
But your logic would predict that Sidious would just go in and dice her.

He kind of did at the beginning, but I know that's circumstantial. Although they never engaged in a traditional duel like most combatants after Talzin left Dooku's body, so this example isn't usable erm

quote:
Yeah, so that's a potential application. It doesn't have to be an emotional instability.

Maul was better at everything, though, not just the Force. It doesn't fit my criteria of one combatant being the better duelist and the other being the better Force user.

quote:
Yeah, so that's an example where the Force advantage won because of the environment.

Indeed.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2016 06:40 AM