KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Which X-Men (past or present) has the most tortured soul?

Which X-Men (past or present) has the most tortured soul?
Started by: staxamillion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Worried Which X-Men (past or present) has the most tortured soul?

everyone here loves the X-men. I believe they have the best characters because they for the most part personal anguish. For example Nightcrawler being hunted and demonized as a child, wolvie's battle for his memories, Cable having to live in a dystopian future to survive; you know serious character foundation stuff.

my question is Who is the Most Tortured out of them all?
(there should be a villains one of these too if ppl like)

Old Post Sep 29th, 2016 12:58 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

I think that most of the X-men are tortured because they are all seen as outcasts in their society. One mutant who stands out in my mind is Rogue. She is the most tortured because of her inability to touch someone without absorbing their energy. So she has to isolate herself from everyone. Also, in absorbing another person's energy, she also absorbs their personalities. This must cause a lot of internal conflict with who she is amongst her victims.

I tried to think of a villian, but most of the villains that immediately popped up in my mind were all powerful beings. They did not seem to be able to relate to the human feeling of torture.

Sig by: amity75

Old Post Oct 11th, 2016 05:40 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Rogue is a perfect example. they used to play into her storyline more I miss that. it seems to me with all these over arcing events taking place that the characters themselves kinda lack in depth now.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:16 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

I totally agree! There is no reason to pack and introduce 20+ characters in one movie. The lack of character development was especially noticeable in the Ratner (boo) films. I've always been a fan of X-men, despite how horrible some of the movies were. Don't judge me, but I haven't even watched Apocalypse.

Rogue was always my favorite 90's X-men because her storyline was so complex and she came from a troubled past while still proving to be one of the most valuable members of the team. They should make a Rogue/Gambit movie!

Who do you think?

Sig by: amity75

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 07:14 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I actually haven't seen apocalypse yet either.

I always believed the most tortured to be wolverine. he was mentally maimed for a better part of a century and actually tortured for many of those years too.

Bishop basically has sacrificed his own life/identity/morals in order to fix his timeline.

Professor X and Magneto too.
I would love a gambit/rogue anime like they did with wolverine. they could have to do a mission with/for mystique.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 12:42 PM
Pig:Destroyer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by staxamillion
I actually haven't seen apocalypse yet either.

I always believed the most tortured to be wolverine. he was mentally maimed for a better part of a century and actually tortured for many of those years too.

Bishop basically has sacrificed his own life/identity/morals in order to fix his timeline.

Professor X and Magneto too.
I would love a gambit/rogue anime like they did with wolverine. they could have to do a mission with/for mystique.

god you're a nerd

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 08:22 PM
Pig:Destroyer is currently offline Click here to Send Pig:Destroyer a Private Message Find more posts by Pig:Destroyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolverineX25
Weapon X

Wolverine, Magneto, or Marrow -

Wolverine has a long history of loss, suffering, death, and complete misery. He's lost too many people and has very few actual friendships, if any at all. He's truly a lone wolf.

Magneto survived the Holocaust and his hatred and pain lead him to an anti-human crusade.

Marrow has a mutation which not only causes her immense physical pain, but destroys her appearance and has caused her social isolation and low self worth her entire life.

That's my vote.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:51 AM
WolverineX25 is currently offline Click here to Send WolverineX25 a Private Message Find more posts by WolverineX25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Professor X (Cerebro) Nightcrawler, Magneto, Wolverine

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 02:06 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LincolnDark
I think that most of the X-men are tortured because they are all seen as outcasts in their society. One mutant who stands out in my mind is Rogue. She is the most tortured because of her inability to touch someone without absorbing their energy. So she has to isolate herself from everyone. Also, in absorbing another person's energy, she also absorbs their personalities. This must cause a lot of internal conflict with who she is amongst her victims.

I have to admit that i never really got the problem with Rogue... it always seemed a bit forced and (within the laws of the 616 Universe!) unbelievable: Cyclops uses a device to control his powers, so do Havoc and Surge. And in every other storyline there is a villain or prison (Genosha anyone?!) using a technology that's able to neutralize mutant powers!!!
Why not installing such a device in Rogues personal quarters, so she could enjoy normal human contact there?
Why not designing a bracelet for her with which she can neutralize and reactivate her powers at will?

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 10:51 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Mystique. Having lost Destiny she has no one.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 8th, 2018 04:37 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote