KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sidious DS Nexus

Sidious DS Nexus
Started by: darthbane77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthbane77

Sidious DS Nexus

I remember reading somewhere that Sidious himself is a nexus of Dark Side energy, is there a quote substantiating that?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:20 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Eager to meet his captor, Luke learned that the dark side nexus he had sensed was none other than the cloned reincarnation of Emperor Palpatine himself.
—The New Essential Chronology

The key to Luke's turning is the moment when he and Leia realize the Emperor is no longer defined by his physical form, but has become a chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space, tearing apart everything in the vicinity, human and machine.
—Dark Empire Endnotes

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:22 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Thanks

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:27 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

DS Nexus? Is that the Deus Ex DLC?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
DS Nexus? Is that the Deus Ex DLC?
Uhm...no.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:44 PM
The_Tempest

The actual text in DE calls him a dark nexus too.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:44 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by The_Tempest

Yeah, and Vader feels amplified by his presence, or something.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:45 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan's presence was also a nexus.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan's presence was also a nexus.
Really? I knew non-Force users could feel the Force faintly around him but I didn't know he was a nexus.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2016 07:20 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

A lot of powerful Force users are nexi. Sidious is just more potent than most.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by The_Tempest
thumb up

After Luke arrived on Byss, it was also stated that the energy of the Dark Side 'intensified' as he began approaching Palpatine:
http://i.imgur.com/bYfRXOF.jpg

Proof the above statement was in reference to Palpatine:
http://i.imgur.com/lTgDn4S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tkDGqPt.jpg

And as we know, Byss itself is already one of the most powerful Dark Side nexus-points in the universe:
http://i.imgur.com/gWH51Mz.jpg

So it can be argued that Palpatine himself represented a greater Dark Side nexus/focal point than the entire planet. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 1st, 2016 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Sidious, Valkorion, Revan, Exar Kun and Darth Plagueis are all stated to be, can't remember who else.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 02:32 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

After Luke arrived on Byss, it was also stated that the energy of the Dark Side 'intensified' as he began approaching Palpatine:
http://i.imgur.com/bYfRXOF.jpg

Proof the above statement was in reference to Palpatine:
http://i.imgur.com/lTgDn4S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tkDGqPt.jpg

And as we know, Byss itself is already one of the most powerful Dark Side nexus-points in the universe:
http://i.imgur.com/gWH51Mz.jpg

So it can be argued that Palpatine himself represented a greater Dark Side nexus/focal point than the entire planet. smile

And the entire planet in DE is more intense than Sidious as RotJ, who was already a galaxy-wide dark side beacon and nexus:
http://static1.comicvine.com/upload...de+devotees.png

And even as of RotS Sidious is affecting the Jedi's ability to call on the Force on a galactic scale. Note how this is attributed to his personal power, and not the ritual he had concocted with Plagueis years yearlier:

For a decade, there was no physical signs of the remaining Dark Lord, but evidence of his power began to appear.

The Jedi ability to use the Force inexplicably began to diminish.
–Databank (old): The Jedi Order

So this might give you an idea how powerful DE Sidious is before he entered the clone body. It was even stated he could tear apart the very fabric of reality simply by existing:

The key to Luke's turning is the moment when he and Leia realize the Emperor is no longer defined by his physical form, but has become a chaotic nexus of dark energies that swell and burst open the fabric of space, tearing apart everything in the vicinity, human and machine.
–Dark Empire endnotes

And he became even more powerful after he yransferred himself to his clone:

Luke knew that without clones to inhabit, Palpatine's spirit would be consigned forever to the void. But Palpatine was able to transfer himself at the last moment. Within a new clone body, the Emperor was more powerful than ever.
–Handbook 3: Dark Empire

And even more powerful in DE II:
[URL]http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/5283422-sidous+is+more+powerful+than+ever.png[/I]

All incarnations of Darth Sidious are some of the most powerful nexi the mythos has ever known, and I hope this pits into perspective just how powerful he truly is.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:52 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by AncientPower
Sidious, Valkorion, Revan, Exar Kun and Darth Plagueis are all stated to be, can't remember who else.

Vader as well. What are the quotes for Valkorion and Plagueis?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:57 AM
darthbane77

I would also assume Luke Skywalker would have been one most likely.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 01:55 PM
Freedon Nadd

Just because you are a living dark side nexus that doesn't make you a god. It just means you are so evil and selfish that your own soul is perverted(lost forever in the embrace of darkness)

When Veitch says Palpatine's so powerful in Dark Empire, he means that he is so 'destructive' and morally twisted.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Lel, the Barsen'thor is a nexus.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 09:55 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If a nexus is just a strong saturation of the Force any Jedi or Sith could qualify tbh.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

TPM Anakin was a nexus as well.

Qui-Gon: "I have encountered a vergence in the Force..."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

A retarded vergence, nonetheless. However, given how Windu said it. That may mean there is more than just one (living) vergence.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote