KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Women Born into Islam Nation vs Judao Christian Nation

Where would women have more chances for success in the modern age?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Being Born in a Muslim Islamic State/Nation Regime 10 47.62%
Being Born into a Judao Christian SocietyNation/State 11 52.38%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Women Born into Islam Nation vs Judao Christian Nation
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

That doesn't mean they will add anything meaningful to the conversation and based on what I've seen most people haven't.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 06:48 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can tell you are very committed here. I wonder why.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 06:49 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

What are you talking about now TI?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 06:57 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see you came and latched on to me again. I guess Ill have to ignore you for a while.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 06:59 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
I see you came and latched on to me again. I guess Ill have to ignore you for a while.
I would like to point out you're the one who engaged me in conversation.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
I feel like this should be the open and closing statement of this thread.

Not much more needs to be said. Yes there are barbaric Islamic cultures but there are similar Christian ones. People seem so willing to dismiss Africa. Honestly I think the correct answer is not which religion is better for women. It's more which countries has evolved enough not to let their theological leanings allow them to dominate a gender.

Make no mistake their have been plenty of brutal Christain nations throughout history that have treated women like garbage, objectified being, and second class citizens.

No, this isn't really all that needs to be said. What needs to be said are things like: In countries considered "moderate" Muslim countries like Indonesia they have the two finger test for women who want to join the army.

You can surely talk about the various countries in Africa, but Indonesia is no longer considered a 3rd world country, so that excuse goes away too.

Nobody said Christianity was perfect, especially in the past. But if I was a female in the present day I would choose to live in a first world country dominated by Christians over one dominated by Muslims.

It is easy to say religion doesn't play a significant role, but we need to stop tippy toeing around this stuff. Since religion plays a bigger part than most want to admit. Why? Because we're so damn worried about offending somebody. Except with Islam you have to worry about them shooting you in the face if you offend them or their horrid religion. The sickest part? Via their religion, that type of behavior is REWARDED.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 18th, 2016 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Surtur
No, this isn't really all that needs to be said. What needs to be said are things like: In countries considered "moderate" Muslim countries like Indonesia they have the two finger test for women who want to join the army.

You can surely talk about the various countries in Africa, but Indonesia is no longer considered a 3rd world country, so that excuse goes away too.

Nobody said Christianity was perfect, especially in the past. But if I was a female in the present day I would choose to live in a first world country dominated by Christians over one dominated by Muslims.

It is easy to say religion doesn't play a significant role, but we need to stop tippy toeing around this stuff. Since religion plays a bigger part than most want to admit. Why? Because we're so damn worried about offending somebody. Except with Islam you have to worry about them shooting you in the face if you offend them or their horrid religion. The sickest part? Via their religion, that type of behavior is REWARDED.
I really wouldn't consider Indonesia a first world country. They are getting closer but still has some growing to do.

And I'm not saying religion doesn't play a significant role it clearly can. I think people tend to forget that religion including Christianity generally play negative roles. It's not about offending someone. It's about calling a spade a spade and the truth is Islam and Christianity have both traditionally been pretty bad for women. It's only in countries that have started to separate the religion from the government where good strides have been made. This includes modrrn Christianity in Africa.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:38 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indoesia isn't 3rd world though, and before the reason used was "it's just due to them being 3rd world countries". Plus remember: Indonesia is a place that people have held up as an example of a moderate muslims.

Since the truth is both have been bad, but if we're calling spades spades that should come with the acknowledgement that modern day Islam is worse.

It is fine to acknowledge both religions have caused plenty of suffering in the past, but I also feel we do a disservice to those who have suffered at the hands of the Islamic faith if we try to pretend like both are equally bad at the present time.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 19th, 2016 at 03:22 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
So people are actually voting and saying women have a higher chance of success in Islamic nations.laughing out loud

These people are also known as libtards.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:18 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Newjak
I think people tend to forget that religion including Christianity generally play negative roles.

Oh boy, that is some tough argument to defend. You may now extrapolate. Please be clear and concise. Thanks thumb up

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:35 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is there anyone here who, if they were told they had to live the rest of their life as female, would choose to live in a Muslim dominant country over a Christian one?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 09:12 PM