KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pirates of the Carribean 5 (2017)

Pirates of the Carribean 5 (2017)
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I found the 4th movie better then pts 2 & 3 TBH....

Originally posted by Firefly218
This is the worst thing you've said

The best thing 2 and 3 had going for them was Bill Nighy and his cool tentacle face. The 3rd one was pretty much awful. It's been a while since I've seen any of them. The 4th one was probably a little better than 2 and 3, but I remember the final sequence feeling like an obvious indoor soundstage.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 02:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The best thing 2 and 3 had going for them was Bill Nighy and his cool tentacle face. The 3rd one was pretty much awful. It's been a while since I've seen any of them. The 4th one was probably a little better than 2 and 3, but I remember the final sequence feeling like an obvious indoor soundstage.
I really enjoyed 2 and 3. 2 has a charming story and in 3 the maelstrom is some of the coolest shit I remember.

4 has no soul and feels like something commercial and glib. Hopefully 5 will reverse course

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 02:30 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Fair enough. I do respect Gore Verbinski as a filmmaker. They were surprisingly experimental big budget Disney blockbusters.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2017 03:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I really enjoyed 2 and 3. 2 has a charming story and in 3 the maelstrom is some of the coolest shit I remember.

4 has no soul and feels like something commercial and glib. Hopefully 5 will reverse course

thumb up

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 07:03 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie is being held for ransom by internet pirates

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/05/...ternet-pirates/

Old Post May 16th, 2017 08:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Irony.

Old Post May 16th, 2017 09:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

thumb up

On Stranger Tides was terrible; everything about it was boring and stale. 2 and 3 at least was fun and entertaining, and we had Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner in it instead of irrelevant, blank-slate characters with no development.

Old Post May 16th, 2017 01:06 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by |King Joker|
2 and 3 at least was fun and entertaining,

Agree about 2 & 3. I actually Love 2 almost as much as I love the first one.

Old Post May 16th, 2017 02:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

The trailer said its the final movie of this series. No doubt as in sequels I wouldn't be surprised if they make prequels.

If that isn't true as not the last sequel then it's utterly nonsensical and moronic to advertise it in the trailer.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 03:11 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

From the Young Pretty Boy Jack in the trailers I can see them going for the Fan Girl Wank Effect and Tween Booking up a Prequel.

Cause Twilight and Shaded of Gray has taught us is that Girls and Gays will watch the SHITTIEST OF STUPID SHIT!

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 05:45 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'm not worried about that at all. -shrug-

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 09:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote:
"After this fifth episode, you'll wish Disney would just declare the franchise dead and tell no more tales."

May 22, 2017
Mark Kennedy
Associated Press
Top Critic

laughing out loud

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 07:24 PM
Darth Thor

It's got a different title here: "Salazar's Revenge"

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 09:12 PM
Flyattractor

It is movies like this that make me wish there was still a $1 theater in the area. You still get the fun of Going out to the Movies, but only cost a buck.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 09:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Flyattractor
It is movies like this that make me wish there was still a $1 theater in the area. You still get the fun of Going out to the Movies, but only cost a buck.

thumb up

Yeah, we have a $2.50 theater here. I love it. It used to be $1.00, but it's steadily gone up a little to help stay in business, which is fine by me because we had another $1.00 theater in town but I think it just closed down instead.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 10:04 PM
Flyattractor

Yeah. I think there is still a "Dollar Theater" in the Big Shitty near by, it is kind of run down and ratty but depending on the type of movie that just adds to the charm of it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 10:06 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

The film wrapped shooting almost two years ago. You only hold a movie back that long for three reasons: 1. It's owned by one person (George Lucas & Star Wars, George Miller & Mad Max: Fury Road, Francis Ford Coppola & Apocalypse Now) and they will release it when they think it's finished (or they are a serious auteur and won't be rushed - Stanley Kubrick, David Lean etc.); 2. The films requires a LONG time in CGI rendering (Avatar, John Carter); or 3. It's crap and they know it (George Lucas & Red Tails, Seventh Son and many other films.)

I'm going with...Option 3. stick out tongue

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 11:31 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
thumb up

Yeah, we have a $2.50 theater here. I love it. It used to be $1.00, but it's steadily gone up a little to help stay in business, which is fine by me because we had another $1.00 theater in town but I think it just closed down instead.

We have Cheap Arse Tuesdays here.
$13 tickets instead of $22.

The irony is...buying a large frozen slushee brings the total back up to $22. mad

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:44 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 24th, 2017 07:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^if thats anything to by, its roughly what i've been expecting. thumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2017 09:28 AM