KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Pirates of the Carribean 5 (2017)

Pirates of the Carribean 5 (2017)
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good to hear if he feels its better then the previous one

also he points out how the director's also made the movie Bandidas, They also did a movie called Kon-Tiki a historical drama film

Old Post May 25th, 2017 12:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I liked the movie better than the fourth one. But maybe that's because this one played the nostalgia card

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:06 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yeah, that would help a lot, get that full circle feeling.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie does have a post credits scene

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In a post-credits scene, Will and Elizabeth are asleep together when suddenly there are footsteps outside their bedroom. The door creaks opened, revealing the silhouette of Davy Jones, Will seemingly awakens to see Jones ready to attack him. Suddenly Will actually awakens and assumes this is a nightmare, however as Will goes back to sleep, the camera pans down to show barnacles on the floor.

Not sure how Davy could be back with the movie dealing with that trident

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Maybe he was secretly killed in the Bermuda triangle?

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:56 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

And this movie also has the honor of being part of one of the (if not THE) WORST MEMORIAL DAY MOVIE WEEKENDS!!!!!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:56 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Maybe he was secretly killed in the Bermuda triangle?

But Davy Jones is dead i'm presuming he went back to being human with Will taking over, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: So why is he back to being in his original form if that Trident was destroyed

Last edited by Kazenji on May 30th, 2017 at 06:03 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2017 05:59 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

The first half of the movie was pretty great. confused

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:00 AM
Flyattractor

Heard that this movie pretty much gave past movie continuity a big F-U!!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:00 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You heard wrong...as usual.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:02 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Kazenji
But Davy Jones went back to being human, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: So why is he back to being in his original form if that Trident was destroyed

Did he? I thought he stayed all fishy. The rest of the crew didn't loose their nautical bits into after the war

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:02 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Heard that this movie pretty much gave past movie continuity a big F-U!!!!

Pretty much just one line about the compass. Other than that it seemed consistent

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:03 AM
Flyattractor

Can't really say else, I have heard others bring up more in reviews but I aint gonna be seing this till it hits red box.

Old Post May 30th, 2017 06:14 AM
SquallX

I was hoping for a fight between the dead and Will's Dutchman crew when they were chasing his son with the sharks, but that never happened. That potential was wasted for no reason.

Old Post May 31st, 2017 01:49 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I was thinking the same thing

Old Post May 31st, 2017 06:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm sort of curious to see this, but won't have a chance to get to the theater, probably. So I'm re-watching the old ones again. I forgot how good Curse of the Black Pearl is. It's just a really fun Action/Adventure/Fantasy film. Just finished Dead Man's Chest and it's a lot of fun, too, even if they story isn't as good. I find these films to be a lot of fun. The sea squid Kraken is awesome and Bill Nighy is the best...

I guess Davy Jones and his tentacley face isn't in the new one, though, huh? sad

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm sort of curious to see this,

I'm only curious because of Kaya Scodelario.

I know reviews have said her acting is very wooden in this movie but she's so goddam beautiful.

I literally fell in love with her in the tv series, Skins.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:41 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, that's the girl from The Maze Runner. Yeah, she's cool. Quite gorgeous.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:57 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, that's the girl from The Maze Runner. Yeah, she's cool. Quite gorgeous.

I honestly don't remember her from The Maze Runner.

She played a goth schoolgirl with a troubled past in Skins.

The thing was, she was the only character in the series that would occasionally "break the fourth wall." She would look directly at the camera & smile or give you a wink.

Then as she got older & her life straightened out, she lost that ability.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 03:08 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, this movie was kinda crap...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 06:49 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote