KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Shaak Ti (TFU) vs Asajj Ventress (DD)

Shaak Ti (TFU) vs Asajj Ventress (DD)
Started by: Balta Skywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Yeah, she drives him from higher ground when he already ascended it, which means she was at the advantage when the two were on neutral ground.
From there he jumped up again, angling away from her to avoid giving the Jedi the advantage of height, but she was there ahead of him, driving him back down with a series of blows so rapid he barely caught them all.

If they were on even ground Ti wouldn't have the advantage of height, which the text makes clear Marek attempted, but failed, to prevent her from gaining.
quote:
An offense Ti dodged elegantly, apparently, and then reduce the fight in, at best, an impasse.
I wasn't suggesting it was a show of superiority for Marek, merely pointing out that Marek regained equal footing with Ti. After which point they appear to be at indeed an impasse.
quote:
They obviously weren't doing that in a loop, but it seems to note how that's the primary reason they achieved driving each other closer down.
Not in the slightest:

The fight progressed around the sarlacc's center rings, blow and counterblow accompanied by the roaring of the beast. The apprentice cut off teeth and threw the fragments at his adversary's head. In return she took tighter control of the beast's distributed intelligence and sent its food-seeking tentacles flailing for him. He repulsed them and fought on.

Down they drove each other...

It's just an extract from the fight, in which they were raining "blow and counterblow" upon each other, and after a brief Force exchange fought on.

The fact that neither of them were driven anywhere by this exchange pretty much debunking the idea regardless.
quote:
Additionally, Ti only resorted to using the Sarlaac when Marek started throwing objects at her with TK. Nothing here notes the two were even. Marek used TK, Shaak used Beast Control, Galen then used lightning and that's about it.
And I never suggested it did, you are the one honing in on their particular extract. What I did note however is how Ti was using her control over the terrain to her advantage.
quote:
Actually, he used lightning in response to having no more teeth to throw at Ti. And I don't think Ti wouldn't be affected by the sudden change of terrain, since it became more treacherous in ways even Shaak couldn't predict.
Fair I misread that, but switching up the manner in which he used the environment to off-balance Ti in response to the shifting terrain does not necessarily suggest he was at a disadvantage, merely employing all the tools he had at his disposal.

And I never said she wouldn't be also disadvantaged, just not to the same extent.
quote:
I counted one blow he barely blocked and two more he couldn't block. Seems to set the mood in Ti's favour, especially when every time Galen tries to tag her she either blocks or dodges(well, besides the last blow, but we've been over that already).
He appears to struggle with her initial assault yes, but I've already gone over that, a combination of stylistic factors and terrain advantage were responsible. But within the overall contexts of both Marek and Ti 'driving each other down' I don't think it demonstrates conclusive superiority at all.

And the fact that Ti was able to block (or evade) Marek's attacks means nothing, as so did he, but nothing suggests she did so easily or easier than he did.
quote:
And I've also addressed it. There was nothing desperate about it. If he hadn't pushed the blade aside, Marek would've been decapitated before Shaak could get pierced. The only thing you could argue is "desperate" about it is Ti overextended herself, but that happens often to superior combatants(I can cite Tano pushing Vader, Sora Bulq getting sliced by Quinlan Vos, Stryfe and Sazen killing each other in one blow).

The point is the risk would've payed off if Marek didn't use a lucky Force Push. This means Galen was challenging Ti, but I never doubted that.
You didn't dear. And as for those citations, please go on, because overextending as you put it, to the point where your opponent simply having their weapon upheld equates to certain death, still strikes me as desperate, despite these supposed pay offs. Or in other words, Marek's first hand assessment remains accurate.
quote:
Also, besides knowledge of terrain, Ti really didn't have much of an outside advantage.
Aside from a powerful Force nexus yeah. But then she the act of 'holding back da darkness' was draining her amirite?

Last edited by Beniboybling on Oct 12th, 2016 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Galen stabbed her by reflex, how would've he done that if he's dead?
By stabbing her at the same time she stabbed him? Like Marek says, mutually assured destruction.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Oct 12th, 2016 at 02:56 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So the argument that Shaak wouldn't have been impaled because she would've speared Galen's head before he could've raised his lightsaber is bullshit.

"He had raised his lightsaber by reflex. She had, in the desperation of her final assault, practically thrown herself on the blade. Perhaps she had meant for the two of them to defeat each other at the same time."

You can argue this is from Galen's point of view, but as flawed as limited perspectives are, Galen isn't a complete retard. He's cognizant enough to know whether or not he raised his blade after blocking Shaak's lightsaber strike with the Force, and from this perspective (ie., he clearly ****ing didn't raise it after blocking her barrier) it's clear Galen's blade was in that position before her blade would've pierced him, and possibly before Shaak leapt at him to begin with.

And as far as how the comic fight ended, Shaak was in a fight and she realized some sketchy shit with Galen was going on so clearly she would've raised a barrier, which is apparent by the fact that she wasn't flung several meters back, and yet she still got severely wounded by an omnidirectional telekinetic strike (so it wasn't even focused on her) that had to tear through a meat shield of sarlacc tentacles before hitting her. And as far as the argument that Galen was "rage amped" Shaak felt his power fading beforehand because he was being slowly crushed by a bunch of tentacles, so if anything, Galen was actually hindered at the time.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Oct 13th, 2016 at 07:15 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:12 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ thumb up

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:17 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by |King Joker|
(please log in to view the image)

thumb up

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:18 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 07:23 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Lmao

Old Post Oct 13th, 2016 10:58 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The debate ended here, why is it still continuing? sad

Last edited by Beniboybling on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 08:48 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Ventress, kewl fight though.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Balta Skywalker
Jedi Temple Guard

Originally posted by Beniboybling
The debate ended here, why is it still continuing? sad

Wondering the same. What's more impressive to me is that I left for two months, and now that I go back I see that this debate kept on and on.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Balta Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Balta Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ventress.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 07:15 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

ventress, ti has been getting some ridiculous underserved hype of late

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kjam
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ventress 10/10

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Kjam a Private Message Find more posts by Kjam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote