KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Luke Skywalker (The Ellimist) vs. Reborn Palpatine (DarthAnt66)

Luke Skywalker (The Ellimist) vs. Reborn Palpatine (DarthAnt66)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Luke Skywalker (The Ellimist) vs. Reborn Palpatine (DarthAnt66)

Here is the skeleton of my case:

1. DE Luke is already greater than nexus-amped Sidious as a duelist with just some help from Leia, who was "unlocking hidden reserves" or something. The several decades to his prime would presumably unlock more of that potential than what a rather sparsely trained Leia could do.

2. We know that Luke's potential is greater than Palpatine's, and it's very difficult to imagine that by, say, LotF, where he's in the same decade of age as RotS Sidious, he hasn't far surpassed him.

3. The above two points are especially true given that Luke has a learning curve essentially unseen in the mythos; by ESB he's described by Vader as the most powerful Jedi he's ever faced even though he's been training for like a month, and then after a few months he's able to match his father in sabers. By DE he's able to beat Palpatine with just a bit of a bump. And it seems like Luke's really massive leap forward hadn't happened until the New Jedi Order.

4. Lucas pretty much confirms that Luke eventually fulfills his father's potential. Even if you don't take Lucas's judgment on such things literally, the holistic intent of Luke having that potential is clear, and there's no reason why after decades of growth he never reaches it.

5. In terms of feats, Luke's outstrip Palpatine's when you compare them side by side, .i.e. his telekinesis feats are superior (black holes), as are his illusion feats, etc.

Potential counter-points:

"Palpatine's Force storms" - not a fair comparison given that Luke obviously wouldn't use them.

"Luke's struggles against mundane foes" - it's been confirmed on many occasions that Luke rarely ever goes all-out. In Specter of the Past or something he notes that he shouldn't go all-out on some pirates, in LotF Jaina acknowledges that she doesn't know more than a fraction of Luke's power despite having been with him in TUF and in many other contests, etc. But he'd go all-out on Palpatine.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 07:15 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I can't wait for Canon Luke next year.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 07:20 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

WHY U BACKTRACKING ANT GLORIOUS VICTORY FOR THE LUKERITES

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 04:59 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

laughing out loud I never said I wouldn't respond. It's not the same, anyway.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

It's pretty much exactly the same?

Going to claim you were trying to be ironically funny again?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 07:47 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, because Nova and I have been debating Nihilus vs Revan for years now, so I made a thread to end it all.

I've never even discussed Palps vs Luke with Ellimist besides some side chats on Hangouts.

Also, again with the hostilities. Tone it down. thumb up

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 07:52 PM
UCanShootMyNova

A private matter? Because I've never seen you do so on either CV or KMC before yesterday.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 07:53 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

lmfao what

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 07:55 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Don't really how to make the question more clear so I'm going to just leave it as is and see if you can process what I'm saying given enough time.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 07:55 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm bewildered over how you haven't seen us discuss it.

Again, though:

quote:
Tone it down. thumb up

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 08:01 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Maybe it was just coincidental timing. I'll ask around, maybe others have seen these highly publicized spectacles of clashing intell- Lmao.

Sorry. Couldn't even pretend to get that one out.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 08:03 PM
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I can't wait for Canon Luke next year.
It is about Snoke not Luke you dimwit.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2016 03:02 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

up

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:45 PM
The_Tempest

DE Luke is greater than a nexus amped Sidious?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:55 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
DE Luke is greater than a nexus amped Sidious?

"with just some help from Leia", yeah.

Though now that I think about it, I don't think Sidious was amped by a nexus in that duel.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:56 PM
The_Tempest

That's what I was asking about. He wasn't.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:58 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Sidious was the nexus.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

If Sidious was a nexus but the Brotherhood on Ruusan wasn't, does that mean Sidious > Kaan's collective Brotherhood?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:10 PM
UCanShootMyNova

smile

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:11 PM