KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If Superman Died Who Would Be The Top Tiers in DC

If Superman Died Who Would Be The Top Tiers in DC
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Better

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:03 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
WW(or Kara) can do a good job of matching up with any ONE Supes book, but Supes pushes a lot more titles than just his own. Their total just doesn't stack up to his total.

Oh, I agree. Other than Batman, no one at DC moves books like Supes. But we're talking about a world without him. If you remove Kal, who could best fit the bill? Of that next level of hero, Supergirl seems like a solid bet. She is easy to justify in-story, has the same powers, and she's got a high profile right now. Give her a push, and I think she'd do better than most.

There's other people to consider too, like Hal, but Kara is definitely in the discussion.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 19th, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:24 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by StyleTime
Oh, I agree. Other than Batman, no one at DC moves books like Supes. But we're talking about a world without him. If you remove Kal, who could best fit the bill? Of that next level of hero, Supergirl seems like a solid bet. She is easy to justify in-story, has the same powers, and she's got a high profile right now. Give her a push, and I think she'd do better than most.

There's other people to consider too, like Hal, but Kara is definitely in the discussion.
No one moves books like Bats period. Guy is in 6 of the top 10 books, and the top 3 are his solo titles and another one is largely a collection of his villains. lol.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:37 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

WW(or Kara) can do a good job of matching up with any ONE Supes book, but Supes pushes a lot more titles than just his own. Their total just doesn't stack up to his total.
Supergirl IS a Superman spinoff, so.. lol.
She is outselling right now because of TV show though.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:39 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

That's what happens according to PAST stories, but as you admit that's not the story they're going to write if they kill him off. If he's gone, the world will be killed EXCEPT that Captain Marvel(or someone else) is there to stop it when no one else can. He was the "go to guy" because he was available and their flagship character, but this thread is based on the premise that he's NOT available anymore. The question for this thread is simply "Who's now #1 to handle the big threats once Supes is gone?".

Think of it like this, quanchi inherits several billion dollars and buys DC comics. He decides to leave all the editors and writers in place and let everyone do their current jobs as is except for one thing... he calls a meeting and tells the people "You're permanently killing of Superman next month. You can keep the rest of the Supes family if you want and pick whatever new flagship character you choose, but Clark Kent/Superman is never going to appear in another DC comic once we kill him off."....

...now who becomes DC's top guy to save the universe when everyone else fails?
I was just saying. That is what it is.

So we're just picking?

John ****ing Constantine.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:39 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by riv6672
Didnt realize Supes was that high up there! laughing

Well i just assumed this meant Spectre, Phantom stranger, Dr Fate etc had already left the universe.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 12:52 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Juntai
Of course they probably don't write that story, but that is generally what would happen according to the story.

Without Superman Doomsday rampages and kills everyone.

Without Superman a handful of probes take down Earth in OWAW.

Without Superman, the rest of them could barely slow down Black Adam.

Superman took a year off in 52 and it led to both WW3, and Final Crisis.
lol.

Without Superman due to falling to Doomsday and his body being stolen to be used as a battery for Eradicator, Mongol and Cyborg Superman destroy Coast City[who weren't beaten until his return], which causes Zero Hour.

Without Superman, it is very consistent that the universe is ****ed.

Alot of this is from Superman centric arcs.

Batman could honestly fill his shoes. Batman was also gone during WW3

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 02:15 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Alot of this is from Superman centric arcs.

Batman could honestly fill his shoes. Batman was also gone during WW3

52 was a superman centric story?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 02:35 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Did Captain Marvel face the Probes? Did he fight Doomsday? Honest questions because maybe I missed something.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 03:02 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by beatboks
Well i just assumed this meant Spectre, Phantom stranger, Dr Fate etc had already left the universe.

Again, didnt realize he was that high up there! eek!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 03:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Hal Jordan

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 03:47 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Two strands being argued here.

If, on an abstract level, Superman was removed from DC, then they would fill his boots with another character. Its DC, if they wanted to write that Superman has solar flare powers, or is WW's ***** in the kitchen, they can and they will. So a moot point. Probably Kara.

In universe, though? Imperiex Probes are coming, Final Crisis, Flashpoint? DC is doomed. Hell, we've seen what happened with the JLA when Doomsday attacked and Supes was elsewhere.....

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 08:22 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
In universe, though? Imperiex Probes are coming, Final Crisis, Flashpoint? DC is doomed. Hell, we've seen what happened with the JLA when Doomsday attacked and Supes was elsewhere.....

Thats a silly argument because
quote:
...Its DC, if they wanted to write that Superman has solar flare powers, or is WW's ***** in the kitchen, they can and they will...

This isnt an abstract question.
Again, its not a matter of "Oh, no one can replace Abe Lincoln; he did so much and was so inspiring".
Its "Abe Lincon's dead, swear in Andrew Johnson".
Pretty simple.
Its not "who can replace" its "who moves into the top spot".

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 10:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

yeah i'm not sure what the crux of this debate is. If writers and artists wants to make somebody achieve something, its done. There have been cases where superman achieved things from plot device. What's stopping writers from instilling that type of thing to other characters? I mean are we talking plot of story or legacy?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 10:23 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Yeah but I still just don't see it. The reason Diana has endured in popularity all these years is because she's THE woman. Supergirl on the other hand... we've had like 4 or 5 of them now. Putting Kara in the top spot means splitting the relatively small female fangirl comic base between 2 characters. Honestly, you couldn't push Kara into the top spot without hurting WWs position. They could maintain both for a year or two, but ultimately I think it'd hurt sales(Kara wouldn't pull in as much as Supes does and WW would lose some of what she's got now) so I just don't think it's something DC would go for on anything close to a permanent/indefinite basis.

Not to mention the fact that between Kara and WW, which one is physically superior is kinda up in the air among fans. Clark has clear physical superiority which WW can offset to a degree with her gear, but Kara and Diana are so close that WW's gear should give her a definite advantage. To me, it would make more sense to bump WW to #1 and bring in someone else to fill the empty spot in the trinity than it would to try to push Kara into the top spot. The whole idea of the trinity is kinda dependent on the ideals, Clark is the TOP man in the universe, WW is the TOP woman, and Bruce is the TOP human. Too much overlap and the trinity is too unstable to support it's basic premise.

For once cant u just agree with someone and not make whole paragraphs which forces them to write whole paragraphs themselves?

Oh and Thor > Surfer

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 12:21 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
For once cant u just agree with someone and not make whole paragraphs which forces them to write whole paragraphs themselves?

Oh and Thor > Surfer

Nope... to both lol

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 12:29 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kryptoniano
Zoom

Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Oh and Thor > Surfer [/B]

LOL! With mjolnir, at his best, his barely at Surfer's level. Without it he's nowhere close to him.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 01:03 AM
Kryptoniano is currently offline Click here to Send Kryptoniano a Private Message Find more posts by Kryptoniano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 01:17 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^lol

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 04:00 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Spectre is pretty cool. smokin'

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 05:38 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote