KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kal Kent VERSUS Rune King Thor

Kal Kent VERSUS Rune King Thor
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Superman 1M. thumb up

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 04:09 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

this is a tricky 1 because kal kent is completely imune to magic. on the other hand like galan said, kal can be hurt by kryptonite and RKT will know it and simply create kryptonite or turn the whole battlefield into such. you know what would be interesting? we know that kal kent is hurt by kryptonite when he is not under the super sun, but what happens if he got kryptonite but he is under the super sun? maybe thats the reason his bio all over the internet says he is imune to kryptonite and has no weaknesses and basically invincible. because thats the situation under the super sun.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:09 AM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLurkingFear
Colossal Creeping Death

RKT was pretty ambiguous, but IMO the few feats he had put him very clearly above Odin.

Firstly, what he did to Mangog. Mangog is a proven peer to Odin, and Thor basically grabbed him by the scruff of the neck like an insolent puppy, vaporized his body, and ate his soul like a cookie.

Then there's Surtur, another proven peer (some might argue superior) to Odin, and he was just absolutely terrified of RKT, he basically shit his pants at the very sight of him and wouldn't even attempt to fight.

Then there's the stuff with Loki, the Fates, and Those Who Sit Above in Shadow and stuff.

"The nightmare creeping death."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 08:58 AM
TheLurkingFear is currently offline Click here to Send TheLurkingFear a Private Message Find more posts by TheLurkingFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dareangel

damn i love this thread. i love both RKT and kal kent. its like no matter who people are voting for i love it. by the way, in hourman 1 million if i am not mistaken, kal kent is beasten by that enetgy ball called else man. the else man can copy their foe powers and become a better version of their opponents. 2 questions. first one were they fighting at the 853 centery and kal kent was empowered by the super sun? because he got wrecked and hurt and wasnt really healing. secondly, the else man seem to turn into the golden superman 1 million when he fought kal kent. kal kent even stated he became his hero or something. was it a copy of golden superman 1 million? it doesnt make much sense that the else man can turn into such powerful beings i mean hourman 1 million took them all down eventually.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 12:07 PM
Dareangel is currently offline Click here to Send Dareangel a Private Message Find more posts by Dareangel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLurkingFear
Firstly, what he did to Mangog. Mangog is a proven peer to Odin, and Thor basically grabbed him by the scruff of the neck like an insolent puppy, vaporized his body, and ate his soul like a cookie.

Then there's Surtur, another proven peer (some might argue superior) to Odin, and he was just absolutely terrified of RKT, he basically shit his pants at the very sight of him and wouldn't even attempt to fight.
a.) Mangog was powerless -- Loki had been siphoning away his magics:
http://i.imgur.com/PzPb47o.jpg

b.) Surtur was NOT afraid of RKT at all. He actually looked forward to a battle with him:
http://i.imgur.com/tm2jPNv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WJFHD9f.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LJos4mU.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 18th, 2016 at 03:23 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 03:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor was well above Odin.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 03:31 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Originally posted by zopzop
So why the phuck were people saying he TIERS above Odin?
he should be 1 solid tier above odin, he had full access ti the odinpower plus he had more knowledge of rune magic then Odin ever did as stated by the odinpower itself at 1 point.

now rkt easily defeated Loki who had absorb the magic of Asgard and had absorb mangog powers that itself is impressive.

Last edited by DarkOdin on Oct 18th, 2016 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 03:33 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I am of the opinion that RKT>Odin. However, I do not believe the difference between them was as vast as some believe. In fact, there were a few in-universe references to RKT being as powerful/knowledgeable as Odin himself, which certainly does need to be taken into consideration.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 03:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Galan007
I am of the opinion that RKT>Odin. However, I do not believe the difference between them was as vast as some believe. In fact, there were a few in-universe references to RKT being as powerful/knowledgeable as Odin himself, which certainly does need to be taken into consideration.

Interesting......

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 06:05 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by zopzop
Incredible. So wait, was Loki at least skyfather level? How did he get that level of power? Any skyfather level Loki feats worth mentioning?
Sorry, zop. Just saw this question.

In that story, Loki was able to overtake Asgard in Odin's absence. He absorbed the power of Asgard + the magics of Mangog. He also wielded a Mjolnir-esque weapon. Aside from that, he had no real feats to speak of -- just implied power. As I'm sure you know, RKT did 'beat' him quite casually:
http://i.imgur.com/3VjD97A.jpg

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 18th, 2016 at 06:20 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 06:16 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Sorry, zop. Just saw this question.

In that story, Loki was able to overtake Asgard in Odin's absence. He absorbed the power of Asgard + the magics of Mangog. He also wielded a Mjolnir-esque weapon. Aside from that, he had no real feats to speak of -- just implied power. As I'm sure you know, RKT did 'beat' him quite casually:
http://i.imgur.com/3VjD97A.jpg

Thank you for explaining that. IMHO, that COULD be a feat for the Odinforce (the defeat of Loki that is). I seem to recall that Odin has complete control over Asgard and the lifeforce of ALL Asgardians. Didn't he loan Thor the Odinpower to fight Surtur then absorb all of Asgard's power to take the fight to Seth?

Since RKThor had the full Odinforce in that arc............(please log in to view the image)

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:33 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ That, and smashing the Loom of Fate, are really RKT's only noteworthy feats

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 09:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

a.) Mangog was powerless -- Loki had been siphoning away his magics:
http://i.imgur.com/PzPb47o.jpg

b.) Surtur was NOT afraid of RKT at all. He actually looked forward to a battle with him:
http://i.imgur.com/tm2jPNv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WJFHD9f.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LJos4mU.jpg

seriously. thumb up

wtf is it with this character that makes everyone think he's lt level of something? blink

i'm still not sure exactly how loki absorbed the power the asgard power (if that was really what he possessed). his own hammer was considerably weaker than mjolnir. magog would have given him a boost, but thor took him out by himself in that map of all-ending arc, so... meh. loki was amped for sure. i wouldn't put him past trans. at least not definitively. /shrug

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 11:17 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
seriously. thumb up

wtf is it with this character that makes everyone think he's lt level of something? blink

i'm still not sure exactly how loki absorbed the power the asgard power (if that was really what he possessed). his own hammer was considerably weaker than mjolnir. magog would have given him a boost, but thor took him out by himself in that map of all-ending arc, so... meh. loki was amped for sure. i wouldn't put him past trans. at least not definitively. /shrug
Agreed.

Had Loki siphoned the power/magic of Silver Age Mangog, it would be a different story. As it stands, I really don't think RKT beheading that version of Loki skyrockets him into this Supreme Being-esque tier of power, as some do. It is a great feat, sure, but it isn't something a decently-written version of Odin couldn't do, imo. /shrug

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 12:26 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Galan busted the RKT myth like Branlor did SoK. Bookmark this thread!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 12:49 AM
Kryptoniano
Zoom

Poor RKT. He doesn't stand a chance.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 02:49 AM
Kryptoniano is currently offline Click here to Send Kryptoniano a Private Message Find more posts by Kryptoniano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

... RKT went far beyond Odin-power. He's not being represented properly in this thread.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited by Mr Master on Oct 19th, 2016 at 03:45 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:42 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Loki must have stolen some of Mangog's powers, but he's far from powerless. There's also no indication that Thor depowered Loki before he took his head off. That's just speculating in the other direction.

seriously. thumb up

Why would you say that Loki's hammer was weaker than the original?

The replicas were forged by Surtur and they even broke the original when they all struck together.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:26 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by krisblaze
Loki must have stolen some of Mangog's powers, but he's far from powerless. There's also no indication that Thor depowered Loki before he took his head off. That's just speculating in the other direction.

Why would you say that Loki's hammer was weaker than the original?

The replicas were forged by Surtur and they even broke the original when they all struck together.

i don't think he depowered loki--i think he just killed him easily, because loki wasn't all that powerful. i don't see the feat as being beyond what a po'd odin would be capable of.

as for the weaker hammers:

http://imgur.com/a/3Kago

it took 4 of loki's hammers to break mjolnir--hyrim's, ulik (who had 2, one on each hand) and fenris'.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 12:03 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Yes, that's not a proof of either of them being counterfeit.

They were made by Surtur, and we know that two hammers connecting don't make them break.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 12:12 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote