KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kal Kent VERSUS Rune King Thor

Kal Kent VERSUS Rune King Thor
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

counterfeit? confused

not sure what that means. they were made in the forge, but they were weaker. it's....in black and white.

"it could be used to spawn other great weapons, WEAKER than mjolnir but greater in number...." not sure what there is to disagree about. /shrug

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 12:18 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
counterfeit? confused

not sure what that means. they were made in the forge, but they were weaker. it's....in black and white.

"it could be used to spawn other great weapons, WEAKER than mjolnir but greater in number...." not sure what there is to disagree about. /shrug

Completely missed that thumb up

Loki's Mjolnir seemed quite potent though, since he could still do energyblasts and shit.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 02:34 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by krisblaze
Loki must have stolen some of Mangog's powers, but he's far from powerless.
Thor outright says: "Your magic FAILS YOU, Mangog":
http://i.imgur.com/PzPb47o.jpg

Loki then states he had "siphoned the magics of Mangog":
http://i.imgur.com/g4eKlIS.jpg

So IF Mangog still had some power left, it was very minuscule(relative to his peak, of course.) IOW, RKT beating him really isn't that impressive...Certainly not beyond the ability of Odin himself.

Originally posted by Mr Master
... RKT went far beyond Odin-power. He's not being represented properly in this thread.

Just my humble opinion.
So represent him 'properly', then.

RKT appeared in exactly 2 issues, so I'm not sure what you saw that we didn't..? Though I would be more than happy to post the references that compare RKT's power/knowledge to that of Odin himself. I would also be happy to post the references to Thor's humanity(not raw power) being the key to 'one-upping' The Fates and TWSAIS. I would also be happy to post the reference to Odin himself engineering/masterminding all of the events that led to Thor overcoming the cycle of Ragnarok. smile

Again, I don't mind the notion that RKT>Odin. I simply cannot agree that Thor was "far" beyond Odin-level. No-limits fallacies aside, there is more evidence that disagrees with that assertion than there is to the contrary... Frankly, I'm being quite giving here. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

How do you know that?

His magic failing him means that his magic isn't sufficient to beat on RKT.

We don't know how strong or weak he was.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:28 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ You're just applying your own preconceived notion to the statements/scenes, me thinks. The context is quite clear -- Mangog's magics had been siphoned away by Loki, leaving him vastly depowered/nigh-powerless(whichever terminology you prefer.)

Point is: RKT certainly didn't beat a peak Mangog there. IOW, that feat certainly doesn't skyrocket him to Odin-level+++.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 19th, 2016 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

Originally posted by Galan007

So represent him 'properly', then.

RKT appeared in exactly 2 issues, so I'm not sure what you saw that we didn't..? Though I would be more than happy to post the references that compare RKT's power/knowledge to that of Odin himself. I would also be happy to post the references to Thor's humanity(not raw power) being the key to 'one-upping' The Fates and TWSAIS. I would also be happy to post the reference to Odin himself engineering/masterminding all of the events that led to Thor overcoming the cycle of Ragnarok. smile

Again, I don't mind the notion that RKT>Odin. I simply cannot agree that Thor was "far" beyond Odin-level. No-limits fallacies aside, there is more evidence that disagrees with that assertion than there is to the contrary... Frankly, I'm being quite giving here. /shrug

Yup. thumb up

Cheers.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 05:26 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

If RKT wasn't more powerful than those that sit above, then why didn't they just blast him?

Point is: RKT certainly didn't beat a peak Mangog there. IOW, that feat certainly doesn't skyrocket him to Odin-level+++.

I agree with this at least.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 05:42 PM
Cogito

This is a tough matchup for Thor with Kal's magic immunity.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 05:47 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zopzop
So why the phuck were people saying he TIERS above Odin?

He beat the ****ing Fates and effortlessly disintegrated Mangog.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 05:53 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*sighs*

I give up...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 05:55 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

a.) Mangog was powerless -- Loki had been siphoning away his magics:
http://i.imgur.com/PzPb47o.jpg

b.) Surtur was NOT afraid of RKT at all. He actually looked forward to a battle with him:
http://i.imgur.com/tm2jPNv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WJFHD9f.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LJos4mU.jpg

RKT still sonned him.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 05:58 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

*sighs*

I give up...

Do you agree that The Fates were > Odin?

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Oct 19th, 2016 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:01 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

*sighs*

I give up...

Your point about Mangog is well taken- but he ****ing disintegrated him. How often does that happen on comics, to anyone? Then there's the fact than he treated the Ferris Wolf and Durok like mice. And Sky father Loki, and the Fates. He was WAY above Odin.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:05 PM
quanchi112
Disney

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by zopzop
Galan busted the RKT myth like Branlor did SoK. Bookmark this thread!

Galan did not such thing. You were looking for an excuse to exercise your bias since your first post in the thread. Just because SOME of Mangog's power had been siphoned off doesn't change or negate all the other incredible feats shown by Thor in the arc. By the way, if Loki took some of Mangogs power, then Thor beheaded an amped skyfather Loki further amped by Mangog.

By the way, while you are hanging all sprawled out on Galans nuts, Galans simply gave his opinion as to Thor's power level, which he still put above Odin. So what exactly did he debunk again?

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Oct 19th, 2016 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:13 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Galan did not such thing. You were looking for an excuse to exercise your bias since your first post in the thread. Just because SOME of Mangog's power had been siphoned off doesn't change or negate all the other incredible feats shown by Thor in the arc. By the way, if Loki took some of Mangogs power, then Thor beheaded an amped Loki further amped by Mangog.
thumb up

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:16 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who said Kal would be immune to the highest level Asgardian magic, magic Odin didn't even know, from another universe?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:20 PM
Cogito

He's immune because of his 5D heritage.

5D Imps >>>>>(continue forever) RKT

I hate when people apply no-limits fallacies, but it's just as bad to assume limits when none are warranted.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:23 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Then there's the fact than he treated the Ferris Wolf and Durok like mice.
'The fact'? RKT didn't even confront/fight either of them directly, lol.

This is a common trend I'm seeing with RKT: people just making up feats. I don't understand it at all. confused

And Sky father Loki
Even IF you believe Loki was Skyfather-level, he was certainly at the lower-end of that tier... Below Odin-level, imo. If you have feats to the contrary, feel free to post them. smile

and the Fates. He was WAY above Odin.
RKT outright stated that he could not defeat the Fates outright -- he lacked the power to "change what has been written"(which is the Fates' conceptual purpose.) He beat them, along with TWSAIS, by exploiting/smashing/cutting a cosmic flaw in one of the strands on the Loom of Fate. That's it.

It was also explicitly stated that Thor's humanity/mortality is what gave him the advantage over the aforementioned beings -- not his raw power.

RKT is only "WAY" more powerful than Odin if you ignore.... Pretty much every fact we were given in the issues. If you can prove me wrong with on-panel evidence, go right ahead. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 19th, 2016 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Who said Kal would be immune to the highest level Asgardian magic, magic Odin didn't even know, from another universe?
Watch how posters tell you how weak Loki is despite him siphoning Mangog's power as well as his own. Thor had the awareness to defeat the Fates as well which is demonstrated by the wisdom/increased power he demonstrated throughout the arc. I guess exploiting a weakness he was aware of doesn't count either. It's just another DC fanboy upset that Thor wins.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 06:29 PM