KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Bigotry Against Christians

Bigotry Against Christians
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bigotry Against Christians

Why is Bigotry Against Christians the last accepted form of Religious Bigotry?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 11:05 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Christianity is the majority group in America, and when you're the majority group you get a lot less sympathy than if you're a minority, and the people who hold said majority group in contempt also hold the belief that it's justified because of an imbalance in power.

That's my interpretation anyways.

It does piss me off though when some Christian baker doesn't bake a gay couple a cake and SJW's complain about Christianity being evil, yet a lot of those same people pounce on anyone who shits on Muslims.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 11:34 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I honestly don't see how Christianity in the US is being shat upon?

80+% of Americans identify as Christian and Christianity has the largest influence over politics than any other religious group. Or likely group for that matter. Politicians are free to openly declare they're Christian and propose laws and legislature based on their faith.

So what am I missing? Explain.

edit: 80+% might be off, but at least 75% seems to be accepted

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 17th, 2016 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 11:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
You need to have an 'Other.' Who else makes for the best Other for Christians except for Christian-bashers? No matter how proportionately small their population is.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 01:38 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was raised Catholic and eventually became an atheist and I have a general dislike of all religions, and especially of course Christianity. I do feel some slight sympathy for them because what I see happening a lot is people trying to compare them with Muslims. Or people just using Christians as an excuse to pivot the discussion away from Radical Islam. If you go check the thread about the Orlando shooting you will see people trying to bring Christianity into it.

Since overall, if any religion in the present day were to be Public Enemy #1 it would be Islam.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually in America, According to the Clintons, Catholism is public enemy #1, which is why they were hoping to start a "Catholic Spring" in the church.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 07:45 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Actually in America, According to the Clintons, Catholism is public enemy #1, which is why they were hoping to start a "Catholic Spring" in the church.

I'm guessing maybe it's because when it comes to Islamic inspired terrorism we don't suffer that as much here as other countries do. We have certainly suffered terrorist attacks at the hands of Muslims, but luckily we do not live in a country where the dominant religion is Islam.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm really not comparing or talking about Islam in this thread.

I'm talking about the accepted bigotry against christians and Catholics.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 03:42 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

I'm talking about the accepted bigotry against christians and Catholics.

Well, it happens.

Surprisingly from people who think of themselves to be open-minded and liberal, yet are extremely vile when it comes to Christianity.

I am speaking from my own experience in the US too. I was very surprised how limited is the knowledge on Christianity among many liberal, highly educated people who consider themselves atheists.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 04:13 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard

80+% of Americans identify as Christian and Christianity has the largest influence over politics than any other religious group. Or likely group for that matter. Politicians are free to openly declare they're Christian and propose laws and legislature based on their faith.

So what am I missing? Explain.

edit: 80+% might be off, but at least 75% seems to be accepted

I'm with Rob on this one. I don't get it.

I find it annoying that crazy beliefs are acceptable as long as it's Christianity. The only difference between a 'cult' and a 'religion' is numbers.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

thumb up

I'd also add "time" to that too. eg give Scientology several hundred years and we'll see where it stands. Though it's on an uphill struggle to shed the cult status and move into the religion bracket, considering when it started. I imagine people where more open to fantasy stories two thousand+ years ago than they are in modern times.

Look at it this way, what if Christianity didn't exist and a group of people tried to push it now. 'Son of god you say?"

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 8th, 2017 at 07:20 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Probably also the fact that Jesus is a much more lit central figure for a religion than a guy who admitted he only started scientology to make money.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:20 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Probably also the fact that Jesus is a much more lit central figure for a religion than a guy who admitted he only started scientology to make money.

But with time, things can and do change. What if in 500 years the idea that Hubbard is an actual profit who is floating off in whateverland as an energy-ghost isn't as ridiculous to say a billion people?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm with Rob on this one. I don't get it.

I find it annoying that crazy beliefs are acceptable as long as it's Christianity. The only difference between a 'cult' and a 'religion' is numbers.

I would prefer to call them all cults, because that is more or less what they are.

The level of brainwashing can vary. Sometimes it can be really really crazy type stuff, other times it's just bemusing stuff like "you can't eat this certain dish on a Friday because reasons". Somewhere out there a cosmic being is worried about what you eat and on which day you eat it.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb

For me the most sinister thing about Scientology is the money. Like okay yeah at church they will ask you for donations, but for Scientology you legit need money to be a part of it and fully experience it lol. You need to spend money to "move up" to different levels. They also more or less practice segregation(they have special "celebrity" centers).

I have to admit it's kind of a bummer though when you find out certain celebrities are scientologists.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 07:25 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
I have to admit it's kind of a bummer though when you find out certain celebrities are scientologists.

Yeah, I used to not mind Tom Cruise, but I'm almost to the point where I will boycott anything he's in (I'll probably completely skip Cruise's Mummy remake, for example). Especially after what's-her-name has revealed some crazy shit about Scientology... uh, Leah Remini, that's her name.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2017 10:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

For some reason Christianity and other big "religions of the book" (Islam, Judaism) are sort of unnaturally 'protected' from criticism, which is wrong. They should be open to debate and scrutiny via empirical evidence like anything else. So if followers of these religions feel offended it's not necessarily that they have personally been attacked, but the potentially dangerous ideas they peddle are under scrutiny. And sorry, they should be openly scrutinized more frequently because they don't hold up.

Ideas matter. That's why the world is in the shape its in with Islamic extremists. Their ideas are dangerous and not based in reality.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 05:52 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, I used to not mind Tom Cruise, but I'm almost to the point where I will boycott anything he's in (I'll probably completely skip Cruise's Mummy remake, for example). Especially after what's-her-name has revealed some crazy shit about Scientology... uh, Leah Remini, that's her name.
You mean crazier than usual shit?? I'm curious now. Lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2017 07:14 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Haha... touché. Yeah, crazier than usual. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2017 01:31 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

For some reason Christianity and other big "religions of the book" (Islam, Judaism) are sort of unnaturally 'protected' from criticism, which is wrong.

Not at all.

I grant you Islam, but that has to do with Leftists and their peculair take on "religion of peace".

Just by observation you'll see that criticism of Christianity is fairly common and books/videos/lectures/blogs etc. on that mattar are easily accesible. In short, you are clearly wrong on that one.

When it comes to Judaism, it's a bit different because it has much, much less adherents, but, again, there is no-one stopping you from criticising it.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2017 07:09 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote