KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vitiate - Shedding Limitations

Vitiate - Shedding Limitations
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hot.

Love your sig and avi <3
rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Dayumn.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:25 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

What is so appealing about Darth Vader ?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:29 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Nephthys
Ruffling is a word.

I am aware. You understand the phrase is "rustling" though correct?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:39 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
To fix both of our issues, a rule can be established that feats cannot overrule older feats (unless a retcon is established), but feats can overrule older accolades. That way, consistency can be met, but we're also as up-to-date with the current viewpoints and lore as possible.

Ant, it's one thing arguing for a position, and if you want to argue for this one so be it. But acting like you can establish some objective rule everyone else must follow seems weirdly pretentious to be honest.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's the second time now that someone referred to that post, which I erased in favor of a new, better argument.

Absolutely no one has mentioned that one though, making me inclined to believe their is no rebuttal.

Not that I can't establish objective rules anyone must follow anyway though.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

After new evidence showing that Valkorion may have actually lost to the Outlander, and Beni's gif of Arcann getting kicked and beaten up by a random person with a blaster, should we recontexualize the two emperors closer to Sirak than to a superior like, say, Caedus?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:44 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Still think that's the dumbest thing ever.

But anyway...I get that, but at the same time with all these power increases and what not...I feel like that claim just doesn't make sense. Why should he fear anyone, if he has all this power? Going by all these quotes, no one should have come close to killing any of his bodies.

Abeloth, in spite of incredible power at her disposal, lost many avatars in battles. Those losses eventually weakened her to the extent that she could not longer maintain her presence.

No matter how strong a character is, he is likely to experience setbacks in wars and/or confrontations.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:45 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Trocity
What blurbs does Bane have? The only one I've seen doesn't say anything of the sort.

And yeah, Vitiate/Valkorion is obviously superior to Plagueis. However, Sidious remains the one True Emperor.

Here:

Originally posted by Beniboybling
(please log in to view the image)

---

Originally posted by Petrus
I'm actually curious as to what effin blurb LeG is talking about tbh.

See above

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Oct 20th, 2016 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:47 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Thanks for conceding that Bane > Valkorion. thumb up

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:48 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Thanks for conceding that Bane > Valkorion. thumb up

Sorry, no concession there.

Marketing blurbs should be taken with a grain of salt.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:53 AM
The Merchant

I heard that's not Legends canon though. But if it is well we have 5 Sith with quotes saying they surpassed those before them:

Palpatine
Plaguies
Bane
Valkorion
Exar Kun

Though I know no one will actually agree with this proposal, one can make somewhat of a chain using this. Only problem might be Kun/Valkorion, since Kun is said to be stronger than all Sith before him and technically post Nathema Vitiate is before Kun.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:53 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I could buy that Exar Kun > Vitiate right after Nathema.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sorry, no concession there.

Marketing blurbs should be taken with a grain of salt.

Because you say so?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 05:58 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

How does this holocron put him over Plagueis? Heck, I'd say Severing Sith Lords at such an age is more impressive than creating uber-Holocrons.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 10:33 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

I thought it was common sense that Vitiate/Valkorion was above Plagueis; guess not. Revan is arguable I guess (but I maintain my Revan>Plagueis stance.)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 11:16 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by The Merchant
I heard that's not Legends canon though. But if it is well we have 5 Sith with quotes saying they surpassed those before them:

Palpatine
Plaguies
Bane
Valkorion
Exar Kun

Though I know no one will actually agree with this proposal, one can make somewhat of a chain using this. Only problem might be Kun/Valkorion, since Kun is said to be stronger than all Sith before him and technically post Nathema Vitiate is before Kun.

Exar Kun could take novel Vitiate, yeah.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by darthbane77
I thought it was common sense that Vitiate/Valkorion was above Plagueis; guess not. Revan is arguable I guess (but I maintain my Revan>Plagueis stance.)

It's not "common sense". It's just an opinion.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 11:17 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Here:

---

See above
Oh you thought that was a blurb? Sorry no, that's from the Star Wars Fact File. laughing out loud

Last edited by Beniboybling on Oct 20th, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 11:32 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

So this is the thread responsible for the recent memetic Holocron shenanigans. Good stuff.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 12:56 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by SunRazer
How does this holocron put him over Plagueis? Heck, I'd say Severing Sith Lords at such an age is more impressive than creating uber-Holocrons.

Well, I mean, he was 10. That being said, source for Vitiate personally constructing the holocron/prison thing?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 01:10 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote