KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Post Nathema Revan vs. Valkorion

Post Nathema Revan vs. Valkorion
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That being said, since the game is the primary source, we should take that as reference.

In which, Marek is handling lightning weak enough to be tanked by Kota. It's not comparable with Vitiate's.

And for the novel, which is on equal grounds with the comic, Marek doesn't even use the Force against the lightning.

So under the basis 2 out of 3 sources say no, in which 1 is the primary, no. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What version of the fight are you referring to for Marek/Sidious?

Hard to make a rebuttal when there are three completely different versions.

Novel always comes first in my mind. Though the comic and game honestly portray the same thing.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:43 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

That being said, since the game is the primary source, we should take that as reference.

In which, Marek is handling lightning weak enough to be tanked by Kota. It's not comparable with Vitiate's.

And for the novel, which is on equal grounds with the comic, Marek doesn't even use the Force against the lightning.

So under the basis 2 out of 3 sources say no, in which 1 is the primary, no. thumb up

I take the novel above all else given the game is contradicted by multiple versions of itself. Regardless of which version you take though they all portray the same events.

That speaks to Kota's abilities by the end of TFU friend. Please don't fall into the same trap as Ziggy and judge a characters capabilities off of your preconceived notions of what they are capable of.

Yes he does, otherwise he would have been ashed as we've seen Sidious's lightning do to other sentient beings in the past before he grew substantially in power.

Given what you're saying here is a blatantly false misinterpretation I'm inclined to say "No." As well. Unlike you though I'm not blatantly denying reality to suit my agenda and conform to my bias.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 04:52 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:46 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by darthbane77
Yes, continue to totally ignore the circumstances surrounding the fight; as everybody else does with that fight.

Show me how the neutralization of the circumstances would've made them equal.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:31 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, because the text states specifically that his body is taking the full brunt of Palpatine's power, not his Force shield or whatever you're suggesting.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:26 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Holy shit...

Are you actually suggesting Galen tanked Palpatine's lightning without shielding himself with the Force in some way?

You're retarded.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:01 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"taking the full brunt of the Sith lightning into his own body. The pain was incredible, searing every nerve back to its individual cells, skewering each of them on white-hot needles."

I'm not "suggesting" it. I'm stating it, lmfao.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:04 PM
UCanShootMyNova

You're an idiot. Just because the novel doesn't state something outright doesn't mean you can't use common f*cking sense to understand what happened. Both the novel and games show Galen using the Force to weaken or block Sidious's lightning in some way and since a human being tanking lightning capable of incinerating being is impossible it's pretty obvious he's shielding himself in some way.

Please don't be stupid Ant.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:11 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, the novel makes clear Marek isn't using the Force - hence the direct quote. The point is Palpatine isn't using his lightning to full power, hence why he isn't incinerating Marek. You're assuming too much.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:12 PM
UCanShootMyNova

The novel states that Sidious is desperate. Why would he not be using his full power if he's desperate? Why would he have held back against Kota when he interfered with his plans? Why would the other sources show Galen blocking or weakening Sidious's attack if Galen's simply tanking it? Why are you so dumb?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:14 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Palpatine was probably desperate because Marek was grabbing onto him, meaning if Palpatine were to ramp up the lightning, he (i.e. Palpatine) would also be ****ed. Thus why Palpatine just rode the power and got a hard one on from it. Palpatine was never actually threatened by Marek, just his own power. thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:16 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Palpatine was probably desperate because Marek was grabbing onto him, meaning if he were to ramp up the lightning, he would also be ****ed. Thus why Palpatine just rode the power and got a hard one on from it. He was never threatened by Marek - just his own power.

Why would he have allowed Marek to walk forward against his lightning and grab onto him in the first place then?

Also please don't ignore my other questions simply because you don't have an answer.

"Why would he have held back against Kota when he interfered with his plans? Why would the other sources show Galen blocking or weakening Sidious's attack if Galen's simply tanking it? Why are you so dumb?"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:18 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Lmfao, we have Palpatine sending a wave of Force lightning into Kota's back, meaning again there was no barrier, and yet Kota wasn't incinerated. This is probably because Palpatine wouldn't instantly kill someone like Kota, he would torture him first (refer to Palpatine's torture of the Death Star designer). It's no surprise then that when Marek steps between the lightning, he's likewise not incinerated. Note that Palpatine probably never expected Marek to move in front of the lightning, hence why Marek could make a messily step forward. It would be foolish to try to ramp out the lightning from 0 to a 100 when Marek is only a foot away from him anyway, by the way.

We know he had back against Kota since Kota wasn't incinerated (noting that Kota didn't use a barrier either. The text states it hit his back and that he was completely caught off-guard). And note all three sources have numerous differences on numerous fronts. This being one of them isn't a surprise. However, your questions aren't relevant, since the text states it hit Marek's body, not his barrier or power.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:23 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm savoring the lascivious pain in this thread smile smile smile

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh shit, is Galen getting nerfed? Niiiiice.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Lmfao, we have Palpatine sending a wave of Force lightning into Kota's back, meaning again there was no barrier, and yet Kota wasn't incinerated. This is probably because Palpatine wouldn't instantly kill someone like Kota, he would torture him first (refer to Palpatine's torture of the Death Star designer). It's no surprise then that when Marek steps between the lightning, he's likewise not incinerated. Note that Palpatine probably never expected Marek to move in front of the lightning, hence why Marek could make a messily step forward. It would be foolish to try to ramp out the lightning from 0 to a 100 when Marek is only a foot away from him anyway, by the way.

We know he had back against Kota since Kota wasn't incinerated (noting that Kota didn't use a barrier either. The text states it hit his back and that he was completely caught off-guard). And note all three sources have numerous differences on numerous fronts. This being one of them isn't a surprise. However, your questions aren't relevant, since the text states it hit Marek's body, not his barrier or power.

Lol, so Palpatine can't amp his lightning in close quarters? Isn't that exactly what he did against Yoda? And he tanked Galen's suicide blast - why wouldn't he be able to tank lightning close quarters? Starkiller did that against Vader at the beginning of TFU II, Dooku did it against Anakin in TCW, I see no precedence for this weird obfuscating.

As for taking it into his body, yeah, he's absorbing it. That doesn't preclude using the Force to aid him; at this point you're playing silly semantics games. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: But I'm sure you already knew that.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:36 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You do recognize the difference between Marek/Palpatine and most other lightning stunts? Marek was literally holding onto Palpatine, meaning that the lightning was hurting Palpatine as much as it was Marek. Ramping up the lightning to ashing levels would have likewise left Palpatine ashed. You can't initiate a Force barrier after the power already began.

Palpatine tanked the suicide blast because Marek dropped his defenses (i.e. his grip on Palpatine). Thus, when Marek unleashed his power outward, Palpatine could form a Force barrier to defend himself.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:43 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'll respond tomorrow.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:53 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I'll rape tomorrow.

Dew it

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

(please log in to view the image)

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote