KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Post Nathema Revan vs. Valkorion

Post Nathema Revan vs. Valkorion
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I was referring to the second.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I was referring to the second.

I'm aware of that now.

You can ignore the part that addresses that subject on the last page and respond to the rest. Or don't. Like I said, it's up to you.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:16 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I would like you to respond to the last post on the last page ( page 3 ) however. I highlighted the relevant text. Galen is standing in front of Sidious contemplating whether or not to execute him when Rahm comes up behind him and puts his hand on his shoulder.

The cut between the scene is this.

"The sound of engines from above distracted them both. They looked up to see the Rogue Shadow descending over the shattered dome, lights flashing on and off to attract their attention. Its repulsors dispelled the last of the smoke and sent the apprentice's tattered cape whipping around his legs.

Juno, he thought. At last, everything is going to be all right.

And then it refers to Sidious sending lightning into his back.

Note it would have been impossible for Sidious to have electrocuted Rahm from behind unless he'd arced his lightning or the lightning itself was sent hurtling at his entire body both of which are attacks Rahm would see coming and be able to raise defenses against.

The only argument you could make to say he wasn't defending against it would be that Sidious's lightning was simply to fast for Rahm to react to it.

But then we're back to the illogic of Sidious not outright killing him for some reason despite the text noting that's what his intent was.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:23 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I'll be off for the rest of the day. Going to be shopping for a riddler costume.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:27 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Or he turned around, lol.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:29 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Nephthys
Oh shit, is Galen getting nerfed? Niiiiice.

No, he isn't. He's always been shit.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Or he turned around, lol.

Given both the game and comic have him faced towards Palpatine and the novel makes no note of him turning around found this doubtful. The game does however show Rahm's body being fully engulfed in lightning which would adequately explain the wording of the text.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:39 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, it doesn't.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:42 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:57 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

(Besides the text making clear they are pretty much equal)

Besides the statements from the narrator and Revan himself that he knew he couldn't go toe to toe with The Emperor for long, along with all the other wank Vitiate gets in the Novel? You can't say the text makes it clear as day that they're equal when we have shit like that in conjunction with, as Nova pointed out, Revan ultimately being the one on the ground. Even with the circumstances, it's like...smile

Yoda vs Sidious is much more clear indication of a relatively equal tutaminis-Lightning battle.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:27 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You really need a supremely biased reading to think that Revan was on par with Vitiate in that fight.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I mean, even everything leading up to the fight, including Revan's own assessment indicates the Emperor's superiority.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 10:58 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Ye.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 12:11 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, to be fair, Vitiate performed pretty damn terribly in that fight. Revan did pretty damn good for himself, if you consider the power discrepancy. The fact of the matter is, though, that there's a power discrepancy. Which is why Revan lost.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 01:19 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by darthbane77
Very well, I will do so.
1: The DS Nexus on Dromun Kaas was amping Vitiate, and considering how steeped in the Dark Side Dromund Kaas is, it's safe to the amp was considerable. So, Vitiate would have been amped by this nexus while Revan (who was of light side alignment at the time) would have been weakened. (Don't even say a anything about his dark side powers would have been amped too, he used the dark side once in the fight; so that is not even remotely a good point.)

Yes, I'm aware of that.

quote:
2: Revan had just been drugged and tortured for 3 years straight by Scourge. While the drugs were likely not a factor (Revan probably purged them from his system) the torture and other physical problems (he likely suffered from a t least minor malnutrition and atrophy from a lack of being able to do anything.) So Revan was not at all in peak physical shape when he fought Vitiate either.

Sorry, but in just a couple of seconds, Revan Healed himself from his burns that he had suffered from Vitiate's Lightning and was able to stand again. Given that Revan couldn't even stand from being hurt by Vitiate's Lightning, it was obviously far more debilitating than the torture he endured in the prison. And if he could largely heal himself from that in mere seconds, I'm thinking that over the course of a day, he can heal himself from whatever torture he suffered in the cells.

quote:
3:Now, to the fight itself. Revan knocks Vitiate on his ass twice, once with his "Force in Balance" attack and the other by deflecting lightning back at Vitiate.

Once through the mechanics of a lightsaber rather than through Force power, and once whilst Vitiate's powers were completely diverted.

quote:
So, Vitiate gets angry and does his hiss, releasing a full powered blast of lightning at Revan. Revan absorbs the large majority of it, causing the lightning to go from "infinitely more powerful" than lightning capable of incinerating people, to being capable of giving Revan 2nd degree burns. That requires A LOT of power,

That's because you choose to view it that way. An alternative way of looking at it is that most characters don't inflict such a level of damage on others with Lightning (Dooku with AotC Anakin, etc), even when we know that there's a huge disparity between them in terms of Force power, meaning that the degree of damage inflicted by Vitiate's Lightning constitutes quite a considerable disparity indeed.

quote:
and the math provided by Ant shows just how much of that lightning was absorbed.

The maths provided are pretty baseless and rely on a number of unproven assumptions. The only thing the maths show is that there are a number of desperate Revan fanboys who are willing to resort to anything to elevate their god and savior.

quote:
The fact that Revan did this while on a dark side nexus is astounding, suggesting just how powerful Revan is even off a nexus. Powerful enough that he was able to negate most of it and take the rest of it without dying.

I don't deny that Revan compares, but I'm not convinced that putting him as an equal because he was left for dead on a nexus is justifiable.

quote:
So, it stands to reason that off a nexus Revan would have been able to defeat Vitiate in this fight. And based on all the factors arrayed against Revan, it's easy to see that Revan and Vitiate were pretty closely matched.

Nowhere is it remotely implied that Revan is equal to Vitiate, as you said earlier. Likewise, the deduction that Revan would be able to beat Vitiate off-nexus is entirely conjectural on your part.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

There's no reason to even debate Nova on this topic given he must have changed his stance on this four times in the past two months.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:32 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I still put Revan on the level immediately below novel Vitiate, lol.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:33 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

You do recognize the difference between Marek/Palpatine and most other lightning stunts? Marek was literally holding onto Palpatine,

...what? He clearly wasn't; he was catching it with tutanimus and advancing towards him. If he held onto Palpatine, it was at the very end.

quote:

meaning that the lightning was hurting Palpatine as much as it was Marek. Ramping up the lightning to ashing levels would have likewise left Palpatine ashed. You can't initiate a Force barrier after the power already began.

All of these rules are a product of your imagination. There's no reason to think that Palpatine can't throw up a barrier once he's initiated lightning; by that logic, Vader should've just snapped his neck with a thought in RotJ (or TFU for that matter).

quote:

Palpatine tanked the suicide blast because Marek dropped his defenses (i.e. his grip on Palpatine). Thus, when Marek unleashed his power outward, Palpatine could form a Force barrier to defend himself.

How do you explain his lightning duel with Yoda in RotS?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:47 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by The Ellimist
...what? He clearly wasn't; he was catching it with tutanimus and advancing towards him. If he held onto Palpatine, it was at the very end.

What?

"With shaking fingers, he took the old man's bony shoulders in his hands and gripped them tight. The Sith lightning spread to engulf the two of them, fueled by both their desperations. The Emperor tipped back his head and howled in lascivious pain. Darkness threatened to envelop the apprentice's mind, but he clutched to consciousness with feverish will. He had to see this through. He had to."

Lmfao.

quote:
All of these rules are a product of your imagination. There's no reason to think that Palpatine can't throw up a barrier once he's initiated lightning; by that logic, Vader should've just snapped his neck with a thought in RotJ (or TFU for that matter)

How do you explain his lightning duel with Yoda in RotS?

Lmfao. No.

The rule is that you can't use a defensive Force attack against the offensive Force attack if it is already being applied to you.

And that's not a rule I made up. Refer to the sourcebooks and the ROTSJN. thumb up

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:50 AM