KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Post Nathema Revan vs. Valkorion

Post Nathema Revan vs. Valkorion
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Oh, lmfao. I never even saw Skillz posted on this page.

When I said "Has nothing to do with my point," I was referring to:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I'm aware. I'm simply noting that the amount of time it took for Galen to move forward against the lightning is left unspecified.

Not Skillz's post, which got wedged in there when I wasn't looking.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I never even responded to Skillz, lmfao. I said the amount of time Marek needed to handle Vitiate isn't my point to you.

erm

That's the entire point. You argument is based on Sidious not having enough time in the interim where Galen grabs him to ramp up his lightning.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:04 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Oh, lmfao. I never even saw Skillz posted on this page.

When I said "Has nothing to do with my point," I was referring to:

Not Skillz's post, which got wedged in there when I wasn't looking.

Fair enough.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:04 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

That's the entire point. You argument is based on Sidious not having enough time in the interim where Galen grabs him to ramp up his lightning.

No, the point is:

a.) There's no indication Palpatine ramped up his lightning in the interim, whereas the ROTJ and ROTS novels specify when Palpatine does such.

b.) Ramping up the lightning when Marek is only two steps away is practical suicide for Palpatine, even despite the time it ultimately took to reach him.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:06 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

A. ) The indication is that he doesn't want Galen to ****ing grab him so that his own lightning is coursing into him which would cause him to be in a desperate situation as both the novel and you yourself noted on the last page.

B. ) So dumb.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:11 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

a.) Speculation. thumb up And no, Palpatine was enjoying it.

b.) Marek wasn't using tutaminis, he was physically taking it, so that's different.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:25 PM
UCanShootMyNova

A. ) It's just plain common sense.

B. ) He was diminishing/shielding himself against it in some way because it's physically impossibly to tank Sidious's lightning without any sort of defense when he wants to kill you. And the point is that Sidious is fully capable of ramping up his lightning when his target is close by.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:27 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

a.) Which really further stresses my point if you're saying that. laughing out loud

b.) Well for one, Palpatine didn't want Marek dead - he wanted him as a replacement to Vader. And for two, no, because Kota likewise tanked Sidious' lightning without any defense. And three, the text states it hit Marek's body and cells, not his barrier and tutaminis, so wrong there. What a shame.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:29 PM
UCanShootMyNova

a.) Which really further stresses my point if you're saying that. laughing out loud

b.) Well for one, Palpatine didn't want Marek dead - he wanted him as a replacement to Vader. And for two, no, because Kota likewise tanked Sidious' lightning without any defense. And three, the text states it hit Marek's body and cells, not his barrier and tutaminis, so wrong there.

A. ) I really don't know what to say here. Suggesting Sidious seeing a guy slowly moving against his lightning and reaching out for him wouldn't cause him to ramp up his lightning is just plain stupidity.

B. ) There's no evidence that Rahm didn't put up defenses as I already pointed out in my post on the last page and in fact given Sidious was trying to kill him as is noted in the novel it would make it impossible for him not to. You have yet to respond to that post either btw.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:35 PM
UCanShootMyNova

I'm off for the rest of the day.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

b.) You can't argue a negative. thumb up

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:36 PM
UCanShootMyNova

That's literally the only possibllity given Rahm doesn't have superhuman durability without the Force and the novel already confirmed Sidious had lethal intent against Rahm.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:08 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Where does it say that? And Palpatine had lethal intent against Luke, but that doesn't mean he wanted to instantly kill him. He tortured him first.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:21 PM
UCanShootMyNova

The text says the lightning itself was lethal.

It's in the post you failed to respond to on page 4.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:32 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Where?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:34 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Yes. And Sidious has no reason to not kill the one guy who's threatening to ruin his plans of turning Galen to the Darkside. In fact he would want to end Rahm asap so exactly what happened ( Galen snapping out of the trance ) doesn't occur.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:36 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Where?

Yes.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:39 PM
UCanShootMyNova

You just edited your post.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:40 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Then it would say "DarthAnt66 has edited his post at etc. etc." erm

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:41 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Huh.

How did you do that?

Edit: Testing.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 08:44 PM