KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Defenders (Netflix)

The Defenders (Netflix)
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
So the date has been set: it comes to Netflix on August 18th.

Release date was actually revealed in the elevator clip. Footage gets cut off at 08:18:20:17.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 08:10 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks f%cking awesome

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 09:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Looks great

By Stoic

Old Post May 4th, 2017 12:46 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I really want to see the full scene where Danny meets Luke now. Judging from their dialogue afterwards, and Danny asking why Luke can't be hurt, the Iron Fist to the mouth probably didn't do any real damage, but it definitely gave Luke a serious surprise (and probably sent him flying). I love the way they shot that as well, because it perfectly contrasts when that other guy broke his arm while punching Luke.

I've read that Finn Jones and Mike Colter had good chemistry on set, so I am hoping there is truth to those claims.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 04:36 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Power Man and Iron Fist is a possibility for the next season of Luke Cage

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 4th, 2017 04:40 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, that is why I am really hoping the people were right and that those two have a good dynamic onscreen. That pairing is iconic, so if the MCU/Netflix guys can pull it off, it would be great. Because then they could potentially think of combining the 2nd seasons of the two shows. Would eliminate a lot of the need for filler, and boost the budget per episode.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 04:44 AM
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

I'd like to see misty knight have a thing going

Old Post May 4th, 2017 01:49 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

(please log in to view the image)

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:34 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

A resurrected Black Sky would make sense to have some enhanced attributes.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 11:50 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PaleMysts

This is gonna be an awesome show

Old Post May 7th, 2017 10:15 AM
PaleMysts is currently offline Click here to Send PaleMysts a Private Message Find more posts by PaleMysts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looking forward to this, but Danny has me worried, still have 2-3 eps of IF to watch that I'm struggling to do since the show was so very meh

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 8th, 2017 11:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Robtard
Looking forward to this, but Danny has me worried, still have 2-3 eps of IF to watch that I'm struggling to do since the show was so very meh

Iron Fist had some good things, but plenty of bad. It was "meh" for sure.

On another note, Sigourney Weaver and Black Sky Elektra are the only villains so far?

Old Post May 9th, 2017 12:12 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Can't ****ing wait

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 9th, 2017 01:09 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Robtard

Well, from all the behind the scenes stuff I read, Iron Fist was a very rushed production. Given that The Defenders is shorter (8 episodes), has a better budget, seemingly better production schedule (though I am not 100% sure about this), and the guys who did Daredevil working on it, I have much higher hopes.

Old Post May 9th, 2017 06:34 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Happy birthday to Rosario Dawson!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post May 10th, 2017 12:08 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Iron Fist had some good things, but plenty of bad. It was "meh" for sure.

On another note, Sigourney Weaver and Black Sky Elektra are the only villains so far?

Not sure, haven't read up on the show. But I imagine they'll be more, even if minor in comparison.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, from all the behind the scenes stuff I read, Iron Fist was a very rushed production. Given that The Defenders is shorter (8 episodes), has a better budget, seemingly better production schedule (though I am not 100% sure about this), and the guys who did Daredevil working on it, I have much higher hopes.

Hoping so, cos even a small turd in your punch bowl can ruin the whole punch.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Happy birthday to Rosario Dawson!

She's so lovely

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2017 07:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 07:54 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Proper trailer 2:

Lot going on in this. But one of the most notable things to me is a very brief shot at 2:08-2:09. Looks like Madame Gao blocking the Iron Fist with a palm strike.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 05:40 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Also, based on what we see around the 2 minute mark, Matt fights Danny (though you can see it's a stunt double if you pause it at the right moment), because Jessica steps between them (you see Iron Fist kneeling behind her).

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 05:56 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I thought it looks like Elektra fought Danny

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:03 AM