KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Defenders (Netflix)

The Defenders (Netflix)
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

She also fights him at one stage. But if you look at the vid at 1:59 it's Matt without his helmet fighting Danny (you can see the clothes are the same, even though it's a stunt double), and then right after that you see Jessica step in, with Iron Fist on one knee in the background, in that same location, and still wearing the same clothes.

Also, looks like Luke Cage is a bit less restrained than he was in his own show. He's smashing people through walls, plowing them through concrete pillars etc.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 06:11 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:05 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The first 4 episodes are getting the first reviews and they're rather luke-warm. erm

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...y-mixed-a152806

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 03:16 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Can't say I'm surprised. I haven't been impressed since Jessica Jones.

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 04:17 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I am not bothered by mixed reviews. While I didn't think Iron Fist was a great show, it was better than what critics were saying beforehand.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 06:29 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Exactly, IF is imo a lot better than the critics lead you to believe.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 01:59 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

Wasn't a lot of the Iron Fist backlash because an Asian actor wasn't cast as Danny?

Anyhow got to hurry up and watch IF before the Defenders comes out.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 04:14 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Inhuman
Wasn't a lot of the Iron Fist backlash because an Asian actor wasn't cast as Danny?

Anyhow got to hurry up and watch IF before the Defenders comes out.

They were crying about that after casting, but shit-talked a lot of other elements of the show when it was released. And while the show definitely has its flaws, a lot of the critics also went way overboard to try and make it sound much worse than it was.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 04:45 PM
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

So just to be sure/clear, are shows like this gonna be affected by the recent fallout Disney had with Netflix, or will The Defenders and stuff still be on Netflix, and only that Disney will be taking off their movies and other stuff?

Still sucks regardless, but if I can at least still watch the Marvel shows without having to subscribe to yet another service...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 02:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

If they do, in fact, end up in Disney's ST I'd rather just DL them.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 02:18 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good thing I made this thread. 5 days!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 04:54 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Need to wrap up Ironfist before this. Hope Punisher gets a decent amount of screen time. Or any screentime, I guess.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 11:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage

Elektra is fighting Luke Cage in the newest trailer, shit is going to nuts this Friday!

Last edited by carthage on Aug 13th, 2017 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 07:35 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Patriotic Judge

Well since I've see a countdown on Netflix for the Defenders' release, I guess it's safe to assume that and these shows will still be on there, and Disney will only be taking their movies and other shit off of Netflix to cut costs or something.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 08:13 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well since I've see a countdown on Netflix for the Defenders' release, I guess it's safe to assume that and these shows will still be on there, and Disney will only be taking their movies and other shit off of Netflix to cut costs or something.

It's not really clear what Disney will be removing from Netflix. For all we know they may leave marvel movies on there and only remove their more traditional animated types of movies.

As far as these shows though, they're produced by Netflix so they aren't going anywhere.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 11:38 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by carthage
Elektra is fighting Luke Cage in the newest trailer, shit is going to nuts this Friday!

Yeah, hope it's a good fight. Getting tired of people continuously claiming that Luke literally can't even lay a finger on more skilled opponents. And it looks like he is keeping up with Elektra just fine. Looks like Danny completely destroys one of her swords using the IF as well:

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 02:18 AM
Darth Thor

Binging Luke Cage so I can watch this. Still 6 episodes left so doubt I'll be able to start Defenders this weekend.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 10:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Looking forward to watching this tonight. Hopefully it's an improvement over Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 12:28 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by BackFire
Looking forward to watching this tonight. Hopefully it's an improvement over Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
You phucking west coasters are ruining this for me.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 12:50 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Gonna spoil the **** out of it, lololol

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 01:12 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

there better be full on nudity in this

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 02:27 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote