KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Defenders (Netflix)

The Defenders (Netflix)
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Gonna spoil the **** out of it, lololol
Not if I spoil you first my friend

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 02:40 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

2 minutes left!!

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 06:57 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Was that Elektra Danny just fought in the sewer

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 07:07 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Elektra is like a whole different character now, Like holy shit [SPOILER - highlight to read]: She had Danny in the defensive their fight/cut him/tanked his Chi punch, deflected a bullet, Colleen said she moved faster than anyone she ever saw, and tooled JJ. Luke also [SPOILER - highlight to read]: tooked Irkn Fost

Last edited by carthage on Aug 18th, 2017 at 08:36 AM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 08:31 AM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by carthage
Elektra is like a whole different character now, Like holy shit [SPOILER - highlight to read]: She had Danny in the defensive their fight/cut him/tanked his Chi punch, deflected a bullet, Colleen said she moved faster than anyone she ever saw, and tooled JJ. Luke also [SPOILER - highlight to read]: tooked Irkn Fost

OMG only thing is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I am not too surprising is that she tooled JJ

Now for some rumors I heard. Putting in spoilers just in case if they are true
[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
* Foggy is the one who gets Luke released. And Luke makes fun of his nickname
* Jessica gets arrested in ep 2
* Daredevil only wears his suit in the last episode
* Matt reaches the villain building Midland Circle by following JJ so that she does not get into trouble. That's in ep 3. And that's where the Hallway fight is.
* Obviously for those who watched the first ep, Jess gets arrested only in ep 2
* Funny dialogue between Trish and Karen, and in another ep, b/w misty and colleen

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:20 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

lmfao [SPOILER - highlight to read]: she had Matt at her mercy in their fight, and tanked Danny's chi punch for a second time. Iron Fist had to save Matts life

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:31 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Loving Cage he's a great character, Jessica is an angsty **** though. Would love to see her replaced with Moon Knight or **** even White Tiger. Or if any of ty other guys have a hero that could make a good fit for Netflix, yeah I can't stand her

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:46 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Elektra [SPOILER - highlight to read]: soloed Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Stick at the beginning of episode 5, and also tossed Luke Cage around/oneshot Nobu's Master Murasame

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:39 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Barring Madame Gao/Alexandra is it just me or was Nobu in spite of being lower ranked more skilled in terms of feats than [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Bakuto, Murasame, or Sowande

Matt steamrolled [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Murasame in spite of not having been DD for months

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 11:02 AM
HulkIsHulk

So a big boost. Practically comic level now

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 07:41 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah, without going into spoilers she was easily the strongest/most skilled person in the show. Definitely closer to her comic level imo, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: probably on par with the MCU soldiers at this point.

Matt also had some great feats, he [SPOILER - highlight to read]: beat Danny in H2H/and was soloing Bakuto/Masamune (Nobu's master), and kicked Bakuto hard enough to shatter a cinder block

I also loved the ending with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Daredevil and Elektraand would consider it one of the best moments in the MCU, I loved the show.

Last edited by carthage on Aug 18th, 2017 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 08:40 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Watched all 8 episodes last night and came away feeling... underwhelmed. I liked the slow build-up; the fact that each character got some time to him and herself was actually a nice touch. And the story for the first six episodes was fine - a bit predictable, but fine.

But something felt off with the last two. Perhaps it was just too much of a build-up, perhaps I expected too much, but I felt let-down and when I finished watching I sat there thinking: Meh.

I won't go into details yet or discuss specifics, not until after the weekend, so as not to spoil it for people who are still going to watch it. I'll just say the way I feel now I score it 6/10, even though I really liked the first six episodes.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 08:02 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

6 episodes in and i enjoy this a lot... love seeing Elektra beat them up. always enjoy madame gao. can't wait to finsih this later this evening

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 06:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm 2.5 episodes in, trying to enjoy it, not bingwatch.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 09:36 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol wait...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the entire board of directors of the evil hand corporation are ninjas? They just flat out attack Danny. No minions? None?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 11:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol wait...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the entire board of directors of the evil hand corporation are ninjas? They just flat out attack Danny. No minions? None?

They stated that their resources were running thin, which is why i assume we don't see the traditional Hand ninjas Nobu was using. In Iron Fist Bakuto was making a massive recruitment drive, which was stopped when Davos and Danny broke into their compound- so yeah they were desperate which is why they poured all of their resources straight into Black Sky under Alexandra. The writers also remarked that they're more or less finished

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 11:55 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Loving this. Btw put spoilers up carthage.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 05:23 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just finished this. I thought it was pretty solid. Still not on par with DD S1 though.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I thought the story was interesting overall, though it did seem to stall a few times in a few places. I liked most of the cast, but Danny got a bit annoying at various points. I thought Daredevil was great. Good story arc, and great fight scenes. I do wonder how he survived at the end though, and what happened to Elektra. Visual effects were hit and miss. In some scenes, the action and everything looks great. In others, like when Murakami falls down the hole during the final, looked terrible.

Elektra was an absolute monster in this. She was kicking the crap out of pretty much everyone who got in her way. Even Luke had serious problems with her, which is pretty impressive, considering he was completely ignoring IF's normal hits, and even took his chi punches without serious issues.

It does make me wonder about the various Fingers of the Hand though. Some, like Bakuto and Murakami, seem to just be highly skilled human level, but Gao can Force Push things, and Sowande was somehow managing to cause Luke pain with his strikes, when even Danny's IF punch barely kept Luke down for a few seconds.

Also, nice Spiderman light feat for Jessica during the finale.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 06:09 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jessica was way more annoying than Danny

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 06:19 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

On a random note, after watching this, I have way more respect for Nobu, based on how Daredevil performed against Danny, Elektra, the different Hand leaders etc.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 07:17 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote