KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Defenders (Netflix)

The Defenders (Netflix)
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm on Ep6 and this isn't good. It's not good at all. Shame really, as JJ, DD and LC were fun.
I liked it. smile

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 08:55 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i liked it.

the only problems i had was how skeptical Luke and others are, despite knowing aliens exists and having superpowers themselves.

also, i didn't like how Luke and Jessica were only strong when it was convenient for them to be strong.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 09:00 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I still don't like how Danny isn't Living Tribunal level, but I understand it's a tv show.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 09:04 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
I still don't like how Danny isn't Living Tribunal level, but I understand it's a tv show.

laughing out loud Epic

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 09:06 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

He is though. It's just that Matt is Beyonder level.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 09:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by marwash22
wrong.

it was terrible because 'Iron Fist' above anything else should have been a great martial arts show... it wasn't.

Well, if you look at The Immortal Iron Fist series (Which it seems is more source material then the classic 80's comic), that had very little martial arts fighting, too. In fact, Danny lost round one to Fat Cobra..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 09:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He is though. It's just that Matt is Beyonder level.
Matt is a drydick *****.

No play ass nigga.

Never speak of him in my presence again.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 09:26 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by cdtm
Well, if you look at The Immortal Iron Fist series (Which it seems is more source material then the classic 80's comic), that had very little martial arts fighting, too. In fact, Danny lost round one to Fat Cobra..
Immortal IF started off with Danny putting all kinda hands on Hydra agents iirc.

He used MA all the time, Fat Cobra is just Fat Cobra.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 09:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I truly enjoyed this, don't know why others didn't. First Marvel series I finished within a day or so of its release.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 11:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Thought it was ok. Some fun moments, Luke Cage and JJ were the best parts. Shitty, boring villains.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 12:12 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BackFire
Thought it was ok. Some fun moments, Luke Cage and JJ were the best parts. Shitty, boring villains.
Luke Cage/Danny chemistry was the best part to me.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 02:56 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by BackFire

Where would you rate it on a scale of Daredevil to Dragon Ball Super?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 03:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I didn't like how the threat in this show was kind of vague. They kept referring to the destruction of New York but they didn't go into how that was going to happen, which made the situation not as tense to me. Overall though, I liked the show. Iron Fist became kind of tolerable, and Matt, Jessica and Luke were cool as always. 7.5/10, IMO.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 03:20 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

thumb up

glad they didn't rush it. They shared a few moments of levity, but didn't force them into an instant bromance.

I Hope we get a "Heroes For Hire" with Luke, Danny, Misty & Colleen after Misty gets her arm and Danny and Luke get their costumes.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 03:24 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Good point. They had some nice moments, too.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 04:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I liked it. smile

Shame on you, it was a huge let down.

And while I appreciated that Loras finally took some lesson so it appears like he knows a little bit of marital arts, there's a problem when DD is out-styling his ass all over the show/every fight scene in epic levels thereof

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 06:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

F#ck, I don't have much interest in this. I'd rather see new Daredevil and Jessica Jones seasons. Also psyched about Netflix Punisher.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 06:37 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

If you're a fan of JJ, DD and LC, I'd still watch it, it's part of the story. Though admittedly I didn't finish IF, stopped with 3 eps left, just couldn't with that shit acting and lack of martial arts.

Do have to note that Rand's whack "I am the immortal Ironfist!" and the like lines and single minded idiocy are somewhat funny this time around in Defenders, the cheese is worked into the story, almost lampooning itself.

Agreed, hype for The Punisher is high, can't wait

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 06:48 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Two eps in, Iron Fist vs Cage was hillarious.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 09:00 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
Shame on you, it was a huge let down.

And while I appreciated that Loras finally took some lesson so it appears like he knows a little bit of marital arts, there's a problem when DD is out-styling his ass all over the show/every fight scene in epic levels thereof

Iron Fist? I liked it, too. smile

Thought they really captured Danny's character.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 09:02 PM