KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Defenders (Netflix)

The Defenders (Netflix)
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I didn't like how the threat in this show was kind of vague. They kept referring to the destruction of New York but they didn't go into how that was going to happen, which made the situation not as tense to me. Overall though, I liked the show. Iron Fist became kind of tolerable, and Matt, Jessica and Luke were cool as always. 7.5/10, IMO.

Well somehow at one point they caused an earthquake in New York. I figure something like that would do it, but on a larger scale.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 09:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Robtard
Shame on you, it was a huge let down.

And while I appreciated that Loras finally took some lesson so it appears like he knows a little bit of marital arts, there's a problem when DD is out-styling his ass all over the show/every fight scene in epic levels thereof
If it was a huge letdown why do you have an erection?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 09:58 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Up to the last one.

Enjoying it for the most part. A little too much forced drama for my tastes though.. The cities literally in danger of being burned to the ground, and they're all on about petty differences. Matt sniping at Stick every which way, Jones being over the top bitchy for no real reason, Colleen whining about them for no real reason.. Only one who acts sensibly and is remotely relatable is Cage.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:50 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Mindset
If it was a huge letdown why do you have an erection?

This assumes I don't always have an erection; when you know better. Weird.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 07:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

http://mashable.com/2017/08/22/how-...on-2-defenders/

Holy crap, does this guy have an axe to grind:.

quote:
Danny Rand has always been an awkward fit for the Netflix MCU anyway. His Defenders teammates are all defined, in some way, by their underdog status. Daredevil's a blind man who takes advantage of other people's tendency to underestimate him. Jessica's a woman moving past prolonged sexual assault and abuse. Luke's a black man trying to forge a way forward after getting screwed over by the criminal justice system.

And Iron Fist? He's a straight white guy with a billion-dollar fortune and actual magic powers. He's advantaged in every single way he can be advantaged. While the other Defenders are down in the streets cleaning up their neighborhoods and protecting the forgotten and disadvantaged from the rich and powerful, Danny Rand is looking down at those same neighborhoods from the top of a skyscraper with his name on it.

That's not to say that rich, straight white men can't be heroes, of course. (Just ask Iron Man, Doctor Strange, or Batman.)

Soooo.... Why exactly DOES rich white womanizing drunk Tony Stark get a pass from SJW's, while well meaning orphan Danny Rand who was raised by monks and is simply ignorant about social norms has a target painted on his back?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 12:53 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Who is underestimating DD because he's blind?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 01:03 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

no1curr.

get that shit out of here. If you care that much about what some dummy thinks, address him, not us.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 01:34 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I can do both.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 01:45 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Nobody knows *Daredevil* is blind in universe

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 02:29 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by marwash22
no1curr.

get that shit out of here. If you care that much about what some dummy thinks, address him, not us.
Underrated post

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 02:29 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
F#ck, I don't have much interest in this. I'd rather see new Daredevil and Jessica Jones seasons. Also psyched about Netflix Punisher.

Have to be honest, now that I'm done with it, it feels like Daredevil 2.5. More or less Matt and Elektra re-enacting the drama from series 2, with friends joining the frey..

The SJW bullcrap between Cage and Danny kind of blew Heroes for Hire for me, too. Fact is, Cage didn't even know Danny enough to be lecturing him, or getting angry at his "privilege".. Total SJW pandering.

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 24th, 2017 at 05:40 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 05:37 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

In watching this right now. I absolutely hate the..well hate...that Iron First gets as as result of politics. How dare you accuse of someone of being a "privileged billionaire white boy" after he's told you his backstory of his parents dying in a plane crash. Especially since Luke's own backstory showed his father's privilege getting him sent to the marines instead of jail

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:57 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'll probably sit Jessica Jones out for a bit unless they tease Hellcat or something, I legit cringed st some of the shot she did.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 12:33 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Cage lost points for me lecturing Danny. Considering he was just looking out for the kid because he was black and from his hood. It didn't matter that Danny caught him melting bodies with acid. Because he was black he automatically assumed Danny was being a profiling racist.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 12:36 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

A shame too, Cage was the best character there imo.

I liked how they did it better in the old comics, with Danny trying his Kung Fu shite to solve a street problem, attracting way too much attention from locals, and Cage coming in and solving it his way. Cue a pat on the back for effort, and Danny realizing he really needs to work on his ignorance..

But maybe nowadays that would be frowned upon as coddling a privileged white boy? As if the ONLY way to respond to ignorance is with personal assaults, no matter if the other guys listening and making a real effort?

Last edited by cdtm on Aug 25th, 2017 at 12:50 AM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 12:46 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
In watching this right now. I absolutely hate the..well hate...that Iron First gets as as result of politics. How dare you accuse of someone of being a "privileged billionaire white boy" after he's told you his backstory of his parents dying in a plane crash. Especially since Luke's own backstory showed his father's privilege getting him sent to the marines instead of jail

Luke was in full on "Harlem mode" then.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 06:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What confuses me is the ninjas wanted to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: get to Kun Lun and it's all they talk about but then no wait they want dragon bones under the city?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 06:48 PM
Dr Will Hatch

Who else would be down for a Luke Cage and Daredevil series? I'm still in the middle of watching The Defenders, and I think that Luke Cage and Matt Murdock have a good rapport with one another. They're the two members of the team that I like the best, probably because they both have an every man superhero vibe to them. They just want to do the right thing for their communities. They aren't entitled airheads like Danny Rand, and, much as Jessica Jones is a great metaphor for trauma survivors, I just don't find her that compelling of a character. I believe that Daredevil's and Luke Cage's respective skills and powers would work just as well together, if not better than a Luke Cage and Iron Fist series.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:28 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This was trash.

PWNT

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 06:06 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Who else would be down for a Luke Cage and Daredevil series? I'm still in the middle of watching The Defenders, and I think that Luke Cage and Matt Murdock have a good rapport with one another. They're the two members of the team that I like the best, probably because they both have an every man superhero vibe to them. They just want to do the right thing for their communities. They aren't entitled airheads like Danny Rand, and, much as Jessica Jones is a great metaphor for trauma survivors, I just don't find her that compelling of a character. I believe that Daredevil's and Luke Cage's respective skills and powers would work just as well together, if not better than a Luke Cage and Iron Fist series.

I'd actually like DD and Jessica Jones. They have a nice back and forth, plus it was funny when he first puts on her scarf and she says he looks like an a-hole.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2017 04:39 PM