KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Deadpool 2

Might as well. Supposedly Tim Miller has dropped out due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds.

Deadpool 2’ Drama: Here’s What Ryan Reynolds and Director Tim Miller Clashed Over

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 11:32 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

They lose their director and you think NOW is a good time to make the sequel thread I was hopeful Liam Neeson would be Cable. I think there has been some discussion about the sequel in the first film thread and I'm sure Neeson's name was mentioned as being a candidate for the role.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 12:16 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Who would you guys choose to replace Tim?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 12:41 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I wonder how much of this is being brought on by Studio Stupidity now that those leeches can smell money in the air.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 01:04 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Tim seemed highly knowledgable about the character in a Collider interview. I recall seeing, on top of having kept the film grounded in the love story it was. Without him it would've been Reynold's stale jokes will drag the film down unless there is some sort of anchor for the plot. IIRC they were planning on giving him another love interest in this film, which makes the whole ordeal he went through to get Vanessa back ****ing pointless in the first film.

Either Ryan's head has gotten so big that he thinks his potty humor can carry the entire film, or There were some legit creative differences that necessitated him leaving. **** Reynolds if he got him fired for being a primadona

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 01:13 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I think Tim himself is good at all things Superhero related, He did have a hand in the DC Universe Online Intro & the start of Thor: The Dark World with Bor & co

whoever Fox hire's better be ****en good.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 02:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yup, sounds like Reynolds is getting a bit of an ego trip.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Tim seemed highly knowledgable about the character in a Collider interview. I recall seeing, on top of having kept the film grounded in the love story it was. Without him it would've been Reynold's stale jokes will drag the film down unless there is some sort of anchor for the plot.

The love story plot was weak and so were most of the jokes.

Deadpool did really well because it had a brilliant and winning marketing strategy. It sucked me in, but unfortunately I was pretty underwhelmed with the film as a whole because the plot was retarded. So the next film will do fine as long as they keep up the brilliant marketing. They know this for sure, so I doubt they care about losing the director.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:20 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's the funny thing with comedy its not going to work for everyone everytime.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 03:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^So true.

DP the movie was a better DP than has been in the comics in ages, which is why i, personally, enjoyed it.
Everybody and their mom has written the character at this point, and most of those writers arent funny. Neither are their moms.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 10:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Sad for Miller given he didn't get much for Deadpool 1. Reynolds did though.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 05:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i'm with Ryan on this one.

foh with Kyle Chandler. terrible.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 05:43 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Macho Mantis

I can't see Kyle Chandler as Cable. The guy's a good actor but way too young for Cable. And aging up actors always sucks. I wonder what the Collider crew'll have to say about this on Movie Talk tomorrow.

Yes Mistress

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 09:42 PM
Macho Mantis is currently offline Click here to Send Macho Mantis a Private Message Find more posts by Macho Mantis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Macho Mantis
I can't see Kyle Chandler as Cable. The guy's a good actor but way too young for Cable. And aging up actors always sucks. I wonder what the Collider crew'll have to say about this on Movie Talk tomorrow.
Yea, I'd say about 10 years too young, it could work though.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 10:17 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

dont care if he was Morgan Freeman's age, he doesn't fit the role anymore than Morgan does.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 10:20 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'd rather have this:
(please log in to view the image)

Than this:

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 03:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by marwash22
dont care if he was Morgan Freeman's age, he doesn't fit the role anymore than Morgan does.
You don't even know who Cable is. erm

Anyway, looks like Miller wanted Chandler and Reynolds didn't, and Miller wanted to change the tone of the movie from the first.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10...tyle-for-sequel

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Last edited by Mindset on Oct 24th, 2016 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 03:48 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I read Reynolds wanted to go more for the R rated comedy angle.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 05:12 AM
Flyattractor

Meh. Hardcore Henry was more fun then the DP movie was anyway. This sequel can wait for rental.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hardcore Henry looked like a nausea simulator.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:13 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Hardcore Henry looked like a nausea simulator.

I will admit its an easier watch on a TV then a Movie Screen.
And if you can set thru a Blair Witch or any given Found Footage movie, you can handle HH.

Originally posted by riv6672
I'd rather have this:

Than this:

And I agree with Riv. Old Crazy Killer White Dude over Wimpy White Dude that looks like he only makes Chick Flick Romedsy.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:19 AM