KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
That check from Disney cleared yet?
I do not make a single penny though I will probably buy some Disney stock. Quality wise Marvel studios is unrivaled in the comic superhero film genre. Do you disagree ?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

I don't disagree. I'm so glad Snyder is finally gone. He has been the big problem with the DCEU along with WB micromanaging.

With the new team in place I'm expecting the quality to go up. The new team was brought in too late to save JL. Only so much could have been done in such a short time.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:22 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I don't disagree. I'm so glad Snyder is finally gone. He has been the big problem with the DCEU along with WB micromanaging.

With the new team in place I'm expecting the quality to go up. The new team was brought in too late to save JL. Only so much could have been done in such a short time.
The CEO of Warner Bros. mandated this be under two hours. Marvel is going on ten years of progress. People at this point are happy if it's a 6 or 7 out of a ten. The expectations are so low. Also Ben Affleck trying to get out, etc. shows their universe is a dysfunctional mess. The announcements aren't clear and they don't really have a cohesive plan like the folks at marvel studios.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:27 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
All I know is certain cowardly types prefer this type of nonsense to Marvel studios. Will the real marvel studio please stand up. I judge films by their quality while others prioritize box office like mini Golgo's.

You seem bitter over something...

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The CEO of WB's job might be in trouble when the sale of Time Warner goes through to AT&T.

Flashpoint looks like it could be a soft reboot of the universe. Affleck goes, Cavill,Gadot and Miller stay.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:31 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
You seem bitter over something...
Nah, it just shows you're really excited and deadpool is your kind of superhero flick. Thor Ragnarok is ten times the film Deadpool is but you're free to support what you want.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

The CEO of WB's job might be in trouble when the sale of Time Warner goes through to AT&T.

Flashpoint looks like it could be a soft reboot of the universe. Affleck goes, Cavill,Gadot and Miller stay.
To reboot r it just started while marvel is hitting the ten year mark perfectly illiterates my point.

Marvel studios is where it's at for me. Always been there while others such as yourself have always been too excited for the sub par dceu.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Nah, it just shows you're really excited and deadpool is your kind of superhero flick. Thor Ragnarok is ten times the film Deadpool is but you're free to support what you want.

I am excited over Deadpool2 as I enjoyed the first film, many people are. I also greatly enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok. You can enjoy more than one film and across multiple franchisees and studios, it's okay and allowed. Expand your horizons.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I am excited over Deadpool2 as I enjoyed the first film, many people are. I also greatly enjoyed Thor: Ragnarok. You can enjoy more than one film and across multiple franchisees and studios, it's okay and allowed. Expand your horizons.
I don't see any real comparison between the two films but I've always been a fan of Hulk and Thor whereas you've been a DC mark at heart. smile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:40 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't see any real comparison between the two films but I've always been a fan of Hulk and Thor whereas you've been a DC mark at heart. smile

Okay, you do your word thing.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Okay, you do your word thing.
I'm sure you're the most excited for Justice League.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:45 PM
Darth Thor

Deadpool isn’t DC :/

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 10:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wow....Did Quan actually say that?

yep, he did.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 11:56 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Deadpool isn’t DC :/
When did I say he was ? He's foxs marvel but both playa and Robtard have always been most excited for dceu films going back to batman v. Superman and man of steel. Try to keep up, noob.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 11:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow....Did Quan actually say that?

yep, he did.
Did you misunderstand ? Yes, yes of course you did.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:00 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote:
Alien: Covenant moved to one of the best dates on the calendar (the weekend before Memorial Day weekend) but then ended up taking a record second-weekend plunge due to audience disinterest. And this year, The Predator is staying put on Aug. 3, 2018, thank you much. However, Fox is trying again, as they just moved David Leitch’s Deadpool 2 from June 1, 2018 to May 18, 2018. That’s just two weeks after Avengers: Infinity War and one week before Solo: A Star Wars Movie. Maybe Fox is intentionally showing that it won’t necessarily play nice with Disney while we all wait to see if Disney ends up buying Fox. Maybe Fox smells blood in the water over the much-discussed Ron Howard-directed Han Solo prequel, a project that could theoretically move to December and take its place alongside the rest of the Disney Star Wars movies.

Whether this is an intentional broadside against Solo, acting on a presumption that it might move to Christmas or merely deciding that opening a week before is better than a week after, it’s certainly a calculated risk for Fox’s biggest 2018 release. It’s potentially a sign that Fox believes that Deadpool 2 will have better word-of-mouth than Alien: Covenant and will play at least as well (in terms of legs) as Pitch Perfect 2 over the same weekend. Said weekend has hosted all three Star Wars prequels, The Matrix Reloaded, all four Shrek movies, The Da Vinci Code and Mad Max: Fury Road to great success.

[Source]

laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Get ready for the Cable Vs Winter Soldier threads

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 04:40 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

TBF, it's understandable why they're so confident in DP2's earning capabilities. The first film was a ridiculously massive cash-cow. Budget of $58mil and it earned $783mil, it earned 13x its cost and it did so without the boost of 3D screens or the Chinese market. It was also a solid comic film too boot. win/win

Probably one of the most profitable films in history, when you factor in cost to earnings ratios. Certainly not a "flop" my any stretch of the imagination.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 05:49 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Yeah, it's extremely doubtful that it will fall as flat on its face as Alien: Covenant did.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 06:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

TBF, it's understandable why they're so confident in DP2's earning capabilities. The first film was a ridiculously massive cash-cow. Budget of $58mil and it earned $783mil, it earned 13x its cost and it did so without the boost of 3D screens or the Chinese market. It was also a solid comic film too boot. win/win

Probably one of the most profitable films in history, when you factor in cost to earnings ratios. Certainly not a "flop" my any stretch of the imagination.

Rumour has it that the MCU are gonna keep this iteration of Deadpool when they get the X-Men rights.

Just shows the intelligence level of those saying “make mine Marvel” yet rooting against what was clearly a great movie adaptation of a Marvel character.

Marvel doesn’t care for those mindless fans.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 07:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote