KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Well, the first movie didnt; thats the most enjoyable DPs been in, like you said, the last 10 years.
Benefit of the doubt.

Will find out how much of that was down to the Director next year.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 03:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Should give it to Mathew Vaughn after what he did with Kingsman IMO

Isn't he tied up with kingsman 2? I agree on him being a good choice, although his superhero movies have been a bit up and down. Fantastic four being just plain bad.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 06:19 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Will find out how much of that was down to the Director next year.

Yup. And how much was Reynolds' love of the character, and wanting to see him done right.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 07:33 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Ryans is just happy to be in a movie that isn't a complete POS. That and I am the 10s of Millions of Moneys they paid him is helping too.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 09:29 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Utrigita
Isn't he tied up with kingsman 2? I agree on him being a good choice, although his superhero movies have been a bit up and down. Fantastic four being just plain bad.

Mathew Vaughn didn't do Fantastic Four. That was Josh Trank.

Vaughn did one of the greatest superhero movies with First Class.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 09:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

First Class was pretty good.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 04:09 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yup, sounds like Reynolds is getting a bit of an ego trip.

The love story plot was weak and so were most of the jokes.

Deadpool did really well because it had a brilliant and winning marketing strategy. It sucked me in, but unfortunately I was pretty underwhelmed with the film as a whole because the plot was retarded. So the next film will do fine as long as they keep up the brilliant marketing. They know this for sure, so I doubt they care about losing the director.

When has Deadpool ever been actually funny? I think you might missed the point of the character he's a cornball

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2016 05:48 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh, he was funny, back when he was fleshed out by Joe Kelly in his original ongoing. That was back in like, '97. The movie drew on that version a bit.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 04:27 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Deadpool used to be pretty funny, his humor was written more like a dry, black humor. As opposed to now, it's basically just recycled internet memes and some shit about Chimichangas.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:34 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^you nailed it.

To use even more internet lingo to describe him, he's been Flanderized all to hell and back.
A big part of that is many of the writers that have worked on him just arent funny.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 01:15 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading Tim Miller has move on to being a producer on a Sonic The Hedgehog movie.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 04:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Really, a Sonic movie?
Gotta look that up, see if it'll be animated or some kinda live action.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2016 06:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Forbes want Arnold to play the role of Cable

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...e/#544fd7f5487c

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 02:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Forbes want Arnold to play the role of Cable

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...e/#544fd7f5487c

I think I see the argument they are trying to make and I don't really know the character from the comic, but I can't see Ah-nold being a good choice. Although, Arnold would be very meta-, and that's seems to be all Deadpool 1 cared about.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 08:54 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agree on not wanting Arnold for this role.
I'm sure he COULD do it, he just isnt the first person (or even the 21st) i picture.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 11:59 AM
Darth Thor

But just think of the number of Terminator jokes we would get!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 02:33 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Don't forget his greatest masterpiece: Kindergarten Cop.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2016 04:20 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Calm down FOX, Already planning Deadpool 3

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 04:52 AM
Darth Thor

Why would they calm down after the truck loads of money Deadpool 1 has made.. Its all about the money for these studios.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2016 08:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Why would they calm down after the truck loads of money Deadpool 1 has made.. Its all about the money for these studios.

I just feel like they got something good with the first movie and now they're rushing the sequels out could end up being bad sequels

hope i'm wrong.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 04:36 AM