KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Deadpool 2

Deadpool 2
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I just feel like they got something good with the first movie and now they're rushing the sequels out could end up being bad sequels

hope i'm wrong.

Probably yeah. But that's how these greedy studios operate.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2016 08:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

John Wick’s David Leitch Confirmed to Direct Deadpool 2

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-di...&view=lista

Old Post Nov 19th, 2016 09:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

thumb up That is pretty awesome.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 11:41 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

All of the obscenity in the first Deadpool movie really felt out of place and forced, and really isn't an accurate representation of Deadpool from the comics, at least the ones I've read. Sure he flirts with the ladies, is unfiltered, and is pretty odd and crazy at times, but nothing on the level we saw in the movie.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 12:28 AM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

^ I'm with you. I think Deadpool is extremely overrated.

Even by superhero comicbook movie standards it's extremely uninteresting.

Violence, swearing, and nudity (as much as I love those things!) cannot make up for a dull and cliched origin story script.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2016 01:14 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

I thought the movie was fun, but I really didn't understand the push for all the profanity and such. I agree that it didn't fit with the character. I was wondering if I had somehow missed a re-issue that went in a new direction. Could have been just as good story-wise without all of that, and would have kept the whole Marvel franchise more on the same level in terms of tone.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2016 05:44 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Originally posted by Ascendancy
I thought the movie was fun, but I really didn't understand the push for all the profanity and such. I agree that it didn't fit with the character. I was wondering if I had somehow missed a re-issue that went in a new direction. Could have been just as good story-wise without all of that, and would have kept the whole Marvel franchise more on the same level in terms of tone.

Agreed. Alot of the profanity could've been removed and the movie still would've worked, After all alot of his early comics had that Comics code authority on them.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 03:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ I'm with you. I think Deadpool is extremely overrated.

Even by superhero comicbook movie standards it's extremely uninteresting.

Violence, swearing, and nudity (as much as I love those things!) cannot make up for a dull and cliched origin story script.

The best Deadpool comic scene is when Logan cuts his head off. That finally shuts him up.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2016 03:59 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The best Deadpool comic scene is when Logan cuts his head off. That finally shuts him up.

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Ascendancy on Dec 7th, 2016 at 02:44 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 02:41 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Now you've given Stiltman PTSD.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 02:48 AM
Kazenji

Drew Goddard is working on the script

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/dre...medium=facebook

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 03:21 AM
Flyattractor

So was it the VIOLENCE or the Language that got DP its R rating?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 05:40 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2
The doctor

Both

The mad titan is here!

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 11:10 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Agreed. Alot of the profanity could've been removed and the movie still would've worked,

Kinda disagree.
The profanity was "refreshing".

I'm just saying when there's conflict amongst adults or antagonists, you'd expect some level of profanity used. But you don't get that in The Avengers or X-Men movies.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 12:34 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

And the reason i said that is because back when the Comics Code Stamp was still in, They still managed to do a Deadpool comic.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 12:38 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

And the reason i said that is because back when the Comics Code Stamp was still in, They still managed to do a Deadpool comic.

I understand that.
There's no age restriction to buying comics.

I'm just saying it's a refreshing change to watch an R rated superhero movie than a family friendly one.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 12:44 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I understand that.
There's no age restriction to buying comics.

Well actually there is nowadays, But i'm sure people ignore it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 12:45 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by steverules_2
Both

Really? Cause I wasn't really that impressed with the violence in it. But then we live in a Age of Snowflakes.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 03:21 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by Zack M
Might as well. Supposedly Tim Miller has dropped out due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds.

Deadpool 2’ Drama: Here’s What Ryan Reynolds and Director Tim Miller Clashed Over

I gotta say this:

"Miller, who owns a visual effects studio and we’re told did much of the polishing work on the original “Deadpool” for free, wanted more of a stylized sequel, while the actor placed his focus more on the raunchy comedy style that earned the first movie its R rating."

I do not have any issues with. I want it to keep that raunchy style.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 07:58 PM
Surtur is online now! Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

I guess I understand the drive for Miller to want to add even more flair to his work, but I thought he did a great job on the original as it was. The worst thing is a movie that gets lost in its own effects work. Sucks they couldn't find a happy place.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2017 12:28 AM