KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » 2 Vader's vs Yoda

2 Vader's vs Yoda
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

Implied by the narrative? Sidious basically one-shotted Galen in the TFU Dark Side ending and I doubt Vader would've performed much better in a legitimate fight there by his side.

Vader's delusions(some made when he didn't even know the full strength of Palpatine) doesn't count as canon.

Vader being 4/5s of Sidious is just referring to potential since Lucas thinks Vader is closer to Maul and Dooku than he is Vader, and the quote refers to the quadriplegic amputee on Mustafar.

Yoda stalemating Sidious, who was tooling Maul and Savage while toying around, is more than enough to suggest he can take two Vaders.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:02 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I'd say his statement align with what's implied by other characters, stated by Vader, implied by the narrative, and even Lucas' Vader being 8/10 Palpatine's power quote.

And what exactly are these other characters' and the narrator's implications? As for Vader's statements, the last I heard him assessing his chances to defeat his master he concluded it was hopeless.

Lucas has no authority over Legends anymore.

quote:
It's a running theme in Star Wars that two Vader level characters --- be it Vader/Luke, Vader/Starkiller, Vader/Murr, etc can pose a legit threat to Sidious.

Vader and RotJ Luke? If they were a threat, they would've joined forces and attempted to defeat the Emperor. Yet Vader prevented Luke from attacking Sidious. Same for Vader and Galen in TFU I. If Vader thought they had a chance, he wouldn't have betrayed Galen. As for Muur, Vader had no idea how powerful he was; he only considered the possibility. Hardly conclusive evidence.

quote:
Yoda loses because he hasn't shown the feats, to defeat two Vader level being simultaneously.

Yet he has shown he can disarm and contend with a being worth a hundred Vaders. He has shown to be able to speedblitz three beings in Vader's speed class. He wins.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Implied by the narrative? Sidious basically one-shotted Galen in the TFU Dark Side ending and I doubt Vader would've performed much better in a legitimate fight there by his side.

DS ending isn't even canon, lmao. Even then, Galen's Force reserves were hardly 100% after fighting through an virtual army of Imperial Forces, and Darth Vader himself.

quote:
Vader's delusions(some made when he didn't even know the full strength of Palpatine) doesn't count as canon.

Shit rebuttal.Vader/Anakin is very aware of Yoda's power, and he knew Palpatine is was able to best him in combat. I would say he had a pretty good estimate of Sidious powers, if not exactly.

quote:
Vader being 4/5s of Sidious is just referring to potential since Lucas thinks Vader

Nah, the wording made it clear he was referring to actual power given the wording. As for Vader being closer to Maul and Dooku, citation?

quote:
Yoda stalemating Sidious, who was tooling Maul and Savage.

Maul and Savage is nowhere near Vader, lmao.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Oct 23rd, 2016 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
Yet he has shown he can disarm and contend with a being worth a hundred Vaders.

There is no sense in me even getting in a discussion with you, if this is how you honestly feel.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

The first mistake being made here is assuming Sidious is analogous with Yoda. He isn't.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

DS ending isn't even canon, lmao. Even then, Galen's Force reserves were hardly 100% after fighting through an virtual army of Imperial Forces, and Darth Vader himself.

It still shows what would happen, if the game took that course of events. It is legitimate, since I doubt they'd just forget previously established power-levels.

Shit rebuttal. Vader/Anakin is very aware of Yoda's power, and he knew Palpatine is was able to best him in combat. I would say he had a pretty good estimate of Sidious powers, if not exactly.

Is he really? Anakin thought he rivalled Yoda as a duelist, lmao.

Nah, the wording made it clear he was referring to actual power given the wording. As for Vader being closer to Maul and Dooku, citation?

It was referring to what Anakin's potential could've one day led him to be, then how he's now 80% Sidious, and it's talking about the events of RotS and I doubt a quadriplegic is going to rival Sheev.

Don't have the quote on hand, but it was during his interview with Rolling Stones, IIRC.

Maul and Savage is nowhere near Vader, lmao.

Collectively? They sure as well are. And a toying Sidious reduced them to children.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:58 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Myth guy still spreading myths and exaggerations. For shame.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 11:42 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

There is no sense in me even getting in a discussion with you, if this is how you honestly feel.

thumb up he thinks DE Sidious can solo this entire thread in 1 second:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...us+forumid%3A86

I've seen Sidious and Luke wankers before, but...this is beyond anything I've ever seen. And I thought Ellimist worshipped Sheev. smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 12:53 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Vaders.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 12:58 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Sheev does not deserve anyone's worship.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 01:37 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 01:38 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Khan will bring Emperor Palpatine's forces to its knees in our upcoming war to end all wars.

#theendisnear

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 01:47 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which Yoda? Which Vader?

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Kurk
Which Yoda? Which Vader?
Battle of the handicap stickers.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 02:10 AM
Rebel95

No way Yoda would beat 2 Vaders. He'd have trouble with one

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 02:30 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

I was hyperbole, lol. My point was that Sidious is worth a lot more than two Vader's.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 10:25 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up he thinks DE Sidious can solo this entire thread in 1 second:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...us+forumid%3A86

I've seen Sidious and Luke wankers before, but...this is beyond anything I've ever seen. And I thought Ellimist worshipped Sheev. smile

I can 1v1 you if you want to smile

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 10:26 AM
GM Yoda

Two Vaders win, but with extreme difficulty.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 12:44 PM
Click here to Send GM Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by GM Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rebel95
No way Yoda would beat 2 Vaders. He'd have trouble with one

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 04:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote