KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » GALEN MAREK (UCanShootMyNova) vs Whatever Revan you f*cking want (DarthAutist66)

GALEN MAREK (UCanShootMyNova) vs Whatever Revan you f*cking want (DarthAutist66)
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

GALEN MAREK (UCanShootMyNova) vs Whatever Revan you f*cking want (DarthAutist66)

You won't, lmfao.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:00 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'll take SoR Revan.

GG. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Which incarnation of Marek are you using?

Novel, game, or comic?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

My Galen. smile GG.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:02 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb down Have to pick one for consistency, or else the debate would be an incarnation war.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:03 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Games and comic can be used as supplementary material where it doesn't contradict itself or the novel. Novel as primary source.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:05 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb down Game is primary.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:06 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Nah. The game is chronologically the first source but is of less relevance for clarification because of it's many contradictions. The comic could be argued to be equal but the novel as a descriptory source is more useful in that it leaves less room for human error then the novel which relies on visual interpretation.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:08 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No, the novel is specifically derived from the game, so the game is the primary and the novel is the secondary.

Refer here for more information: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...g-2016-1532491/

I'm not bending these accepted rules for your stupidity. Either accept the game as the primary, or there's no debate.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:10 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

That header is ****ing ugly. Contact a mod to change it to something else so Ant can make a new one to ensure its divinity.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

I'll be quiet after this. Agree with Syn on this one, I think the novel is much better representation and should be considered as the primary source. As for the vs itself, I side with Ant.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:11 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That header is ****ing ugly. Contact a mod to change it to something else so Ant can make a new one to ensure its divinity.

The header is copied directly from Ant...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:12 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by darthbane77
I'll be quiet after this. Agree with Syn on this one, I think the novel is much better representation and should be considered as the primary source. As for the vs itself, I side with Ant.

That's ironic, given that the novel itself disagrees on that.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No, the novel is specifically derived from the game, so the game is the primary and the novel is the secondary.

Refer here for more information: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...g-2016-1532491/

I'm not bending these accepted rules for your stupidity. Either accept the game as the primary, or there's no debate.

The game is the primary source chronologically as I just noted but it doesn't have greater authority then the other versions and because of its many contradictions and the fact it's solely a visual medium it should have the least.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:13 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Which doesn't make it not a primary source. It means the novel and the comic have many contradictions.

That's how primary, secondary, and tertiary sources work, lol.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:14 PM
darthbane77

Originally posted by Azronger
That's ironic, given that the novel itself disagrees on that.
I only say that because it's more detailed and because the game is exaggerated, otherwise I generally consider the game to be the better source; just not in the case of TFU.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:14 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Which doesn't make it not a primary source. It means the novel and the comic have many contradictions.

That's how primary, secondary, and tertiary sources work, lol.

And it doesn't make it a primary source either.

Between them? Sure, which is why you have to take one source above the others to clarify when there's a problem. For me that's the novel.

The sources themselves are all C canon. They don't have different levels of validity. The chronological order in which they were released doesn't matter.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:15 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Being the original source from which the others are derived from makes it the primary source by definition.

That's wrong.

My guidelines establish the primary source as the highest C-Canon.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:16 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Yes, it's the primary source chronologically. But not in regards to validity.

It's right.

Well I don't give a sh!t about your guidelines.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:17 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Look, are you going to stop making excuses and actually debate me on this or are you going to slink away?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 07:17 PM