KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » False Premise in the Matrix

False Premise in the Matrix
Started by: LeSocial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

LeSocial> Some processes are called irreversible. Remember the “you can’t unscramble eggs”? No one knows for sure what exactly happened to the skies, perhaps some kind of chemical reaction, and some say it’s nanites (I don’t think so). It’s shown in Animatrix Second Renaissance, but we’re not told the details. But if it was an irreversible proces, it’s not enough to just stick “some other chemicals” up there in the atmosphere. It would take a massive amount of work, time and energy to restore and clean the skies.
(btw: No nuclear explosion would send dust up in the atmosphere for millions of years. And a lot of nuclear explosions would’ve wiped humanity out as well. )

The machines are not ONLY using human body heat. It’s combined with a KIND of fusion. It’s the movie premise that THIS is more efficient for the machines than attempting to restore the skies.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:43 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
The machines are not ONLY using human body heat. It’s combined with a KIND of fusion. It’s the movie premise that THIS is more efficient for the machines than attempting to restore the skies.

I thought that they used the fusion in order to use the heat from the human body...?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:45 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
No one knows for sure what exactly happened to the skies, perhaps some kind of chemical reaction, and some say it’s nanites (I don’t think so).

The directors of the 2nd Rennisance tell us specifically they ARE nanomachines. (Special Feature Director Talk thing)

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:50 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

it said in the movie that "combined with a kindof fusion, it has turned the human body...into this *holds up a copper-top*"

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:52 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

The way it is in the movie is perfect for the movie. In real life, not that any of it is possible, I'm sure the machines would find a way to harness the power of the lightning bolts. I mean the city is nothing but metal, they could just set a few billion compastators down at any random place. The machines would be set to live forever or atleast until the world ends.

This is thinking way past the point of the movies, which there's nothing wrong with, but it's irrelavent anyways.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:15 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HexSintax
Teh Rookie Biatch

actually the idea of harnessing humans for energy is an ingenious idea...enslaving your enemies and using them as a renewable energy source. cause not always is lightning as predictable and constant. but copacitors need a jolt of electricity, and that jolt can only be HELD for a few seconds...holding that electricity will do nothing for the machines because they need it at that exact moment

*some people say, "Hey, Neo is JUST like Jesus" but i say "Nay, Neo can kick Jesus' ass!"*
-Coming Easter 2004-
Neo -vs- Jesus
"Teh Awakening"

"...because Jesus was one crazy guy..."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 02:29 AM
HexSintax is currently offline Click here to Send HexSintax a Private Message Find more posts by HexSintax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote