KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » atris/lucien draay/master vrook vs qui-gon/ven zallow/kanan jarrus

atris/lucien draay/master vrook vs qui-gon/ven zallow/kanan jarrus
Started by: aalyasecura95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

*sigh* I mean a dueling feat.

Also, that much math in SW? And Narutoforums on mobile is bad.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Atris > Kanan, let's be honest, lol.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

thumb up

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
What kind of properties? The ability to absorb energy? Lmao.

And the only times someone's had greater difficulty blocking lightning then another with a lightsaber is dependent on the power of the lightning. I.E. the amount of energy behind it and how much kinetic force that's going to transfer to when hitting the blade.

That doesn't necessitate that you have to draw it toward your lightsaber to block it. Only that Malgus in this instance did.
No the ability to draw lightning onto the blade. confused

Not really, Windu was able to block the kinetic force of Palpatine's lightning yet it was still overloading his attempts to absorb it with Vaapad.

Lol what? So why did he do it then if it was unnecessary? Your grasping at straws here. Kanan is getting fried.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:17 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

By going pure math, Kanan asteroid feat >>> Vader's cathedral. lol

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:22 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Beniboybling
No the ability to draw lightning onto the blade. confused

Not really, Windu was able to block the kinetic force of Palpatine's lightning yet it was still overloading his attempts to absorb it with Vaapad.

Lol what? So why did he do it then if it was unnecessary? Your grasping at straws here. Kanan is getting fried.

The lightsaber doesn't have ability to draw blaster bolts into its blade. Force users with superhuman reflexes precognition seem to do just fine blocking those.

Yes, because of its power. The debate isn't "Is the power of all Force lightning the same?" It's "Can a lightsaber block lightning on its own?" I don't see why that instance would suggest it couldn't or that the difficult Mace has blocking it is for any other reason then the power of the lightning itself.

No idea. Probably to free up the field of space in front of him for movement rather then letting bolts fly all over the place in front and to the sides of him. You're free to have that opinion if you like.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 4th, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:27 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Ursumeles
*sigh* I mean a dueling feat.

Also, that much math in SW? And Narutoforums on mobile is bad.

Defeating the GI.

Yep. And too bad for you.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:28 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Atris > Kanan, let's be honest, lol.

Nah.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:28 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by TenebrousWay
By going pure math, Kanan asteroid feat >>> Vader's cathedral. lol

Yep. smile

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:29 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Defeating the GI.

Cool. Explain me how beating him ia better then staglemating Brianna.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:30 PM
UCanShootMyNova

He's confirmed to be more powerful then Kanan, has the advantage of height and leverage with longer limbs and himself is skilled in all 7 forms of lightsaber combat to the point he could tell Kanan's style near instantly. I'd say Kanan beating him despite the GI holding all of these advantages is better then Atris beating Brianna who beat the echani.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:31 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

He's confirmed to be more powerful then Kanan,

Which didn't helped him against Kanan.
quote:
has the advantage of height and leverage with longer limbs

Cool. But that doesn't changes his skill.
quote:
himself is skilled in all 7 forms of lightsaber combat to the point he could tell Kanan's style near instantly.

That soeaks for his technical knowledge, not his fighting ability. Despite that, you already debated with Beni on that.
quote:
I'd say all that's better then beating the echani.

All five of them, maybe even blitzing them? Nah.

Basically, we have:
> Brianna beating Fodder, who is highly skilled.
> GI being highly skilled.
I don't want to say Handmaidens > GI, of course, but I still don't see how he and Kanan are above Atris/Brianna.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:36 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Which didn't helped him against Kanan.

Cool. But that doesn't changes his skill.

That soeaks for his technical knowledge, not his fighting ability. Despite that, you already debated with Beni on that.

All five of them, maybe even blitzing them? Nah.

Basically, we have:
> Brianna beating Fodder, who is highly skilled.
> GI being highly skilled.
I don't want to say Handmaidens > GI, of course, but I still don't see how he and Kanan are above Atris/Brianna.

No but that's not the point. We're assessing KANAN'S abilities as a lightsaber combatant and noting that an opponent he beat in a focused state had greater augmentation then him is relevant.

You're correct. It changes KANAN's skill though.

Technical knowledge is related to combative ability.

What evidence is there to suggest she blitzed them?

Brianna beating 5 skilled fighters with precog is inferior to Kanan defeat a skilled opponent with greater augmentation, height and reach advantage and precog. Not addressing the fact that echani don't have precognition in any form unless Force sensitive.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 4th, 2016 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:49 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

I'll answer tomorrow.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 10:53 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Syn are you that retarded that you can't grasp the difference between blaster bolts and Force lighting, and why intercepting the latter with a lightsaber is problematic?

This is not rocket science.

Last edited by Beniboybling on Dec 4th, 2016 at 11:19 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Lightning has the problem of being able to possibly pack more power behind it though that shouldn't be a problem given this is Atris. Aside from that the only problem seems to be that it could cover a wider area in front of and to the sides of you and thus constrict your movement.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:20 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

And what about in between those sides darling, are you aware of how wide a lightsaber is?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:22 PM
UCanShootMyNova

That really depends on whether or not multiple bolts are produced and if they are aimed in the same area.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:24 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Cool, so I guess if Atris fires off more than a couple of bolts aimed in slightly different directions Kanan is screwed then.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:26 PM
UCanShootMyNova

No not if she fires off more then a couple of bolts.

She'd have to do so simultaneously and in a constant stream. If they were separate Kanan would have no problem intercepting them. And if they were simultaneous but not actual streams then Kanan could simply dodge or block them all as he did with hundreds of blaster bolts.

I'm talking a constant stream of lightning lasting seconds, Atris shooting multiple of these streams, all of these streams being in separate areas that would make it physically impossible for Kanan to intercept but put him at risk of being hit if he DIDN'T intercept them.

Even then Kanan could just dodge it instead of blocking it which he'd opt to do upon realizing there was no possible way he could block it.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 4th, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:32 PM