KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » atris/lucien draay/master vrook vs qui-gon/ven zallow/kanan jarrus

atris/lucien draay/master vrook vs qui-gon/ven zallow/kanan jarrus
Started by: aalyasecura95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

So a constant stream of more than a couple of simultaneous bolts heading in slightly different directions...

Wow so like every Force lightning attack ever? Noted.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Atris can use Storm, so it doesn't matter. Also, we know that you have to draw the Lightning into it, as per Beni's quote, and also Fatal Alliance, which had Chratis' Lightning jumping through Shigar's blade and into the hilt, destroying the lightsaber.

@Beni - Vrook froze her in the later stages of the game but she grows exponentially after that.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:27 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
So a constant stream of more than a couple of simultaneous bolts heading in slightly different directions...

Wow so like every Force lightning attack ever? Noted.

That would have hit him anyways*

Regardless as I mentioned he can simple dodge them as well.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:42 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by SunRazer
Atris can use Storm, so it doesn't matter. Also, we know that you have to draw the Lightning into it, as per Beni's quote, and also Fatal Alliance, which had Chratis' Lightning jumping through Shigar's blade and into the hilt, destroying the lightsaber.

@Beni - Vrook froze her in the later stages of the game but she grows exponentially after that.

Beni's quote simply shows Malgus doing it not that's it's a requirement to be blocked. Also, Thanaton was capable of blocking lightning yet Exal Kressh destroyed the hilt of his blade.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:45 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It's cute when you throw shade at me but then get humiliated in threads like this smile

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Beni's quote simply shows Malgus doing it not that's it's a requirement to be blocked.

It does. It states that Malgus did it in order to block it (or rather, states it in place of "blocking the Lightning"). Otherwise, there's no reason for him to do it or even for the author to mention it, lol.

quote:
Also, Thanaton was capable of blocking lightning yet Exal Kressh destroyed the hilt of his blade.

Right. So both Kressh and Chratis show that without doing it properly, you'll still be ****ed by the Lightning.

What was the proof for Kanan's dueling superiority again?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 07:51 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

What are you referring to?

Go back on the last page and read my response to Beni. I already offered a possible explanation for why Malgus would draw the lightning to his blade.

The characters who had their hilts destroyed had blocked lightning prior to that point meaning the hilt being destroyed was a result of Kressh/Chratis's actions and not a failiure to enact a certain procedure on the part of their opponents.

Defeating an opponent who is likely a master of the 7 forms, has greater height and reach and who possesses superior augmentation all before improving further over the course of S2 of Rebels.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 08:05 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Btw, how's your debate against DB77 coming? smile

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 08:08 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

That would have hit him anyways*

Regardless as I mentioned he can simple dodge them as well.
Or maybe he'll be as retarded and you and try and block it. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 08:13 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Btw, how's your debate against DB77 coming? smile

Just fine. He's much more complacent now smile

What are you referring to?

Go back on the last page and read my response to Beni. I already offered a possible explanation for why Malgus would draw the lightning to his blade.

To free up space to stop Lightning from flying everywhere? lol Since when has that even happened?

quote:
The characters who had their hilts destroyed had blocked lightning prior to that point meaning the hilt being destroyed was a result of Kressh/Chratis's actions and not a failiure to enact a certain procedure on the part of their opponents.

No, the Lightning jumped into the hilts and destroyed them. Which is logically what happens when you don't keep it in the blade.

quote:
Defeating an opponent who is likely a master of the 7 forms, has greater height and reach and who possesses superior augmentation all before improving further over the course of S2 of Rebels.

Kanan's performances against the Inquisitors later suggest that he isn't better than the GI, who he seems to have beaten in a PISy-moment of focus more than anything else.

Also, proof that the Inquisitor is a master of all forms? Not that it matters much, considering that Vrook and Atris are each more skilled than lightsaber virtuosos in an era of expert duelists.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 08:14 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Or maybe he'll be as retarded and you and try and block it. laughing out loud

Is there some reason he couldn't that I'm unaware of?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:11 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

confused

Not sure whether to laugh or cry lmao.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:13 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by SunRazer
To free up space to stop Lightning from flying everywhere? lol Since when has that even happened?

No, the Lightning jumped into the hilts and destroyed them. Which is logically what happens when you don't keep it in the blade.

Kanan's performances against the Inquisitors later suggest that he isn't better than the GI, who he seems to have beaten in a PISy-moment of focus more than anything else.

Also, proof that the Inquisitor is a master of all forms? Not that it matters much, considering that Vrook and Atris are each more skilled than lightsaber virtuosos in an era of expert duelists.

Lightning flying everywhere? Pretty much any time Sidious uses FL.

If they'd managed to successfully block it before there's no reason they couldn't have done it again unless it was either a matter of being overpowered or a stray bolt managing to destroy the hilt.

We don't know what the existing gap was between the FB/SS and the GI. It could have been large or they could have been right on his tail. The Inquisitors were also improving throughout the show as well and seemed to hold impressive raw power themselves. It seems logical that they would have progressed at a faster rate given the GI had been trained to Knighthood by the Order prior to joining the Inquisitorius while the FB and SS did not.

He's confirmed to be skilled in all 7. I said he's LIKELY a master of all 7 given he's able to pick out someone's form, fighting style and master from a simple momentary engagement.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Dec 5th, 2016 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:31 PM
UCanShootMyNova

confused

Not sure whether to laugh or cry lmao.

Do you have an actual argument here or are you just going to hide behind insults?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:32 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

If you're asking if I plan to continue this debate, nah, I've lost enough brain cells in this thread. smile

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:38 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Alright. Good luck with whatever you're going to do for the rest of the day Beni.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:43 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I make my own luck, fuggot.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:58 PM
UCanShootMyNova

sad

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 06:01 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Lightning flying everywhere? Pretty much any time Sidious uses FL.

I mean when a lightsaber blocks it, obviously. At most, the Lightning can go everywhere in front of the blade, not behind it (ie. when Morne deflected Krayt's Lightning). Which doesn't give a reason for why you would specifically draw the Lightning into the blade.

quote:
If they'd managed to successfully block it before there's no reason they couldn't have done it again unless it was either a matter of being overpowered or a stray bolt managing to destroy the hilt.

quote:
We don't know what the existing gap was between the FB/SS and the GI. It could have been large or they could have been right on his tail. The Inquisitors were also improving throughout the show as well and seemed to hold impressive raw power themselves. It seems logical that they would have progressed at a faster rate given the GI had been trained to Knighthood by the Order prior to joining the Inquisitorius while the FB and SS did not.

Well, the GI was superior to them all by a noticeable amount, so at most, they woul

quote:
He's confirmed to be skilled in all 7. I said he's LIKELY a master of all 7 given he's able to pick out someone's form, fighting style and master from a simple momentary engagement.

Eh. Vrook and Atris are both better than Kavar, who's mastered Ataru, Shien, Niman and Juyo and is a lightsaber virtuoso in an age of expert lightsaber duelists. Kavar alone should be above the GI, never mind Vrook or Atris.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2016 11:19 AM
UCanShootMyNova

As I said, to clear the field of space to the sides of him.

It's fine, but if you could report a finished version of that sentence in your next response I'd appreciate it.

I don't buy the logic that just because they were on Katarr when he wasn't, that they're better.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2016 07:06 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. When has Lightning ever gone around the sides of the person?

2. Don't remember what I saying. Probably that the Inquisitors are unlikely to have surpassed the GI. And certainly Kanan would've been constantly growing as well, since you're suggesting that in Season 1 alone he goes from losing badly to the GI to beating him convincingly. He would've certainly outpaced the Inquisitors in growth according to you, so there's no way they would've gone from being markedly inferior to outright challenging him.

What's more sensible is that Kanan had a one-off showing against the GI. That easily reconciles everything else.

3. I'm not using that, lmfao. I have no idea what being on Katarr has to do with lightsaber prowess. Also, Vrook wasn't on Katarr...

I'm referring to the TSL Prima Guide quote which says that the other Masters are more of lightsaber virtuosos than Kavar.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 11:06 AM